[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Top Gun - Staff League

darin3

Not sure if this got posted, but the Huddle Staff League (dubbed "Top Gun") concluded Week 16.

Mike Courter (IceMan) finished in first, utilizing Tiki Barber, Joey Galloway and Antonio Gates. He also lost Deuce, his first rounder.

Darin3's "Vipers" came in a very close second, 35 points off IceMan's lead. Interestingly, my team never had a score less than 102 points. Most teams had lower scores in the 80s. Thus, I had the most efficient team at 88.6%. :D:D I rode Edge, Harrison, Witten and Rackers.

In case you're bored, here's the link to the league homepage: Top Gun

I will refrain from comment as to where our fearless leaders finished. :D Of course, these guys were plenty busy putting out first-rate fantasy football info and babysitting us clowns. :D

Looking forward to next season! :D

In all honesty this is something that you probably should've kept amongst yourselves. This is more or less an "experts league" but it's done for fun(bragging rights amongst yourselves). Someone gun this thread please, no need to cast any doubts on DMD or WW's skills. Congrats to Mike Couter though and nice second D3.

In all honesty this is something that you probably should've kept amongst yourselves.  This is more or less an "experts league" but it's done for fun(bragging rights amongst yourselves).  Someone gun this thread please, no need to cast any doubts on DMD or WW's skills.  Congrats to Mike Couter though and nice second D3.

1270482[/snapback]

:D It was posted by DMD or WW early in the season.

In addition, they kept us posted on SOFA leagues, which were "experts leagues" as well.

In all honesty this is something that you probably should've kept amongst yourselves.  This is more or less an "experts league" but it's done for fun(bragging rights amongst yourselves).  Someone gun this thread please, no need to cast any doubts on DMD or WW's skills.  Congrats to Mike Couter though and nice second D3.

1270482[/snapback]

I don't think it casts any doubts. There are many factors that affect results (injuries, draft position, etc). They are all Experts as they all write here at the Huddle.

I don't believe that WW or DMD claim to be psychic in which case they would have looked bad.

JMHO

I don't think it casts any doubts.  There are many factors that affect results (injuries, draft position, etc).  They are all Experts as they all write here at the Huddle.

I don't believe that WW or DMD claim to be psychic in which case they would have looked bad.

JMHO

1270490[/snapback]

I finished 3rd. I handed Mike the title during the draft when I skipped over Galloway to take Jeff Garcia next on my cheat sheet. An incredibly stupid move in retrospect. Hats off to Mike for scooping him up. He made the difference.

When you play in an experts league, there is no shame in losing, but lots of glory in winning. It was great to play in a league with such solid competition and I hope we can do it again.

1270482[/snapback]

:D Someone please gun this thread...who the heck are you?

I am sure DMD and WW like to talk a lil smack every now and then.

Edited by SuperBalla

Lets just say I enjoyed being in this league, and Ive won many leagues I had no business winning, and lost many I should have won. FF is a game in which depth matters tremendously, and those that do not have it, usually suffer to those that do. Congrats to the winner, and thanks DMD and WW for allowing me to play.

Oh please

Here is one expert league I won

I went to the playoffs in SOFA auction

Whitney won SOFA classic

Here is an expert league I tied for second

I am okay with Courter winning the TopGun... well, maybe not "okay", but I am willing to accept it.

Tiki, Gates and Chambers ended up very nice for Courter in a total points league. We'll see if he can do that twice.

Oh please

Here is one expert league I won

I went to the playoffs in SOFA auction

Whitney won SOFA classic

Here is an expert league I tied for second

I am okay with Courter winning the TopGun... well, maybe not "okay", but I am willing to accept it.

Tiki, Gates and Chambers ended up very nice for Courter in a total points league. We'll see if he can do that twice.

1270779[/snapback]

Nice pick up with Bouman. :D And for the measly price of one dollar.

In all honesty this is something that you probably should've kept amongst yourselves.  This is more or less an "experts league" but it's done for fun(bragging rights amongst yourselves).  Someone gun this thread please, no need to cast any doubts on DMD or WW's skills. 

1270482[/snapback]

Are you for real?

Every year we follow the leagues that DMD and WW are in. They post links to the SOFA draft... they have links to their leagues on the front page..... and at the end of the season we get to see how they finished up.

The Huddle owners are no different than anyone else... they are not immune to player injuries or players having a down year. And neither are the other 'experts' here. And all of them are upfront about how they do.

I have no doubts about their 'skills'. They play FF just like the rest of us and pull their pants on one leg at a time... just like the rest of us.

Gun this thread.... gimmie a break.

Oh, and congrats to Mr. Couter on his win.