[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man Im dissappointed.

Sgt. Ryan

O.k. , we all know by now that Sgt. Ryan is a moran, a Steeler-hater, and the most obvious fisherman ever.

He makes assanine predictions, is almost always wrong, but, never admits when he is wrong.

Here was his pre-season prediction on the Steelers and Redskins:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=954779

Oops and Ooops.  :D

As a matter fact, in looking back at all of your predictions through the year, I am happy as could be that you are picking the Broncos.  :D

1271751[/snapback]

Speaking of oops and ooops you have the Seahawks getting eliminated in both the wild card round and the second round as different seeds in each round.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make a sig line / avatar bet with any Broncos fans that want to make one.  However, you are a Cowboys fan, I've seen you making posts ripping Carolina and Pittsburgh, both of which are in championship games, while your team is once again at home, so please refer to my previous responses to your sigline bet offer.

1271827[/snapback]

I won't for the same reason as Skippy.  I don't want to jinx them.  I always had a rule of thumb when I used to gamble to never bet on or against (not that I ever would) your favorite team.  We had a sig line bet during the 3 game losing streak and I vowed to never get in one again.  Does it really make a difference on the outcome of the game? No.  But I'm not taking any chances.  :D

1271836[/snapback]

So which is it Menudo, will you or wont you. :D I think Im done here with Menudo.

So which is it Menudo,  will you or wont you.  :D    I think Im done here with Menudo.

1271853[/snapback]

Are you really that stupid. The second statement was made by 'Sam' :D You are such a moran. :D

Speaking of oops and ooops  you have the Seahawks getting eliminated in both the wild card round and the second round as different seeds in each round.

1271848[/snapback]

I've never said I don't get them wrong. I get lots of things wrong.

I've never said I don't get them wrong.  I get lots of things wrong.

1271861[/snapback]

Not so much they are wrong as that you weren't even paying close enough attention to carry your predictions from one round of the playoffs to the next.

Not so much they are wrong as that you weren't even paying close enough attention to carry your predictions from one round of the playoffs to the next.

1271869[/snapback]

:doah: Wow, can't believe in that whole original thread, no one else pointed that out. Well, whichever worked out the closest, that is what I meant. :D

The only thing I saw in the Pitt-Indy game, was the "best qb in the nfl" get everything handed to him on a silver platter, and manage to choke another big game away. I saw another qb named Ben make a game saving play on a play that Peyton Manning would have given up on under the same circumstance. Manning to Marino like Brady to Montana? I say no way. Marino didn't have the weapons around him like Manning has. His 4 main weapons are all first round draft picks, and he's a #1 pick himself. There is no excuse for that. Now granted, Marvin Harrison is an easy guy to beat. Slap him aroudn a little bit and watch him cower for the rest of the game. But Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark were both making plays for Manning and making him look good.

Rust is simply not an excuse. They are professionals. Professionals overcome slow starts. All the great teams have been in similar situations. You think about the greatest teams ever, the Cowboys of the 90's, the Niners of the 80's, and more recently the Patriots. They all had to deal with there starters being laid off for a couple weeks resting up. The last 4 Super Bowl champions have had first round byes. No the bottom line is, the Steelers beat the Colts, and are the better team. The fact is, in todays NFL, no one should be shocked by anything that happens. The difference between #1 and #6 in the AFC, CLEARLY wasn't that great. In fact it wasn't really much at all. #6 proved they were better than #1 in the game that matters most. End of story. My opinion is Peyton Manning, and for that matter, Colts fans, have no more excuses. Everything was laid out for them, and they couldn't get the job done. The stars couldn't have been aligned more perfectly for them, and fate seemed to be on there side as well with the refs, and the Bettis fumble. The defense played well. As they did vs the Patriots last year. Sorry, but they did. You hold a team to 21 points, with the "greatest offense of all time" in your back pocket, you should win the game. Maybe there offense isn't that great after all?

The only thing I saw in the Pitt-Indy game, was the "best qb in the nfl" get everything handed to him on a silver platter, and manage to choke another big game away. I saw another qb named Ben make a game saving play on a play that Peyton Manning would have given up on under the same circumstance. Manning to Marino like Brady to Montana? I say no way. Marino didn't have the weapons around him like Manning has. His 4 main weapons are all first round draft picks, and he's a #1 pick himself. There is no excuse for that. Now granted, Marvin Harrison is an easy guy to beat. Slap him aroudn a little bit and watch him cower for the rest of the game. But Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark were both making plays for Manning and making him look good.

Rust is simply not an excuse. They are professionals. Professionals overcome slow starts. All the great teams have been in similar situations. You think about the greatest teams ever, the Cowboys of the 90's, the Niners of the 80's, and more recently the Patriots. They all had to deal with there starters being laid off for a couple weeks resting up. The last 4 Super Bowl champions have had first round byes. No the bottom line is, the Steelers beat the Colts, and are the better team. The fact is, in todays NFL, no one should be shocked by anything that happens. The difference between #1 and #6 in the AFC, CLEARLY wasn't that great. In fact it wasn't really much at all. #6 proved they were better than #1 in the game that matters most. End of story. My opinion is Peyton Manning, and for that matter, Colts fans, have no more excuses. Everything was laid out for them, and they couldn't get the job done. The stars couldn't have been aligned more perfectly for them, and fate seemed to be on there side as well with the refs, and the Bettis fumble. The defense played well. As they did vs the Patriots last year. Sorry, but they did. You hold a team to 21 points, with the "greatest offense of all time" in your back pocket, you should win the game. Maybe there offense isn't that great after all?

1271911[/snapback]

Nice Post Brian. I actually really agree with you, but dont tell anyone else that. :D

Nice Post Brian.  I actually really agree with you, but dont tell anyone else that.  :D

1271917[/snapback]

I knew it. :D:D

Since we are onto confessions, I am glad that you are being annoying this week. The Broncos fans are too nice, and the Colts and Bengals fans have gone into the Huddle's form of the Witness Protection Program. They have probably been re-assigned to the same area as Coffetime or whatever his name is.

I knew it.  :D  :D

Since we are onto confessions, I am glad that you are being annoying this week.  The  Broncos fans are too nice, and the Colts and Bengals fans have gone into the Huddle's form of the Witness Protection Program.  They have probably been re-assigned to the same area as Coffetime or whatever his name is.

1271920[/snapback]

Just remember me over Spain this yr for best fisherman. We are already at 90 posts and counting. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I know this subject was beat to death on Sunday, but the reality has set in, that the best team in football is out of the playoffs, while a team that backed into the playoffs will move on and get trashed in next weeks game.  Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN radio were calling the Colts loss one of the biggest upsets in recent memory and it compares to the collapse of the yanks up 3-0 before losing to the Sox 4-3, and Bill Buckners infamous ball between his legs.  Many saw the Steelers as a team that benefitted greatly by the loss of Carson Palmer in round 1.  Now the rust of the Colts, and the disappointment of them losing to a team they trashed already, and should have beaten by 2 Tds has set in.  Pittsburgh is one of those teams that yearly makes the playoffs, but never has the team to win it all, and this is just another example of what is to come.  I for one am more disappointed by the Colts losing this game than seeing my beloved Cowboys not make the playoffs this season.  And I am not a Peyton Manning fan, just want to see the best teams in the Super Bowl, and now that will not happen.  Sure Indy could lose to a much better Denver team this week had they just taken care of business on Sunday, but at least that would have been a great game.  Not the crap we are going to see from the AFC side this weekend.  Regardless the Super Bowl should be great with Denver and Sea or Carolina duking it out for the title.

1271072[/snapback]

The best teams are still left. That's why they play the game momo. I can't believe you work for the huddle. :D