[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Half Thoughts

Menudo

First off, this game isn't over. There is an entire half to play.

Obviously, I am thrilled with the first half. I hope the Steelers don't go completely into running every play. Of course, be smart, kill clock, but don't completely end Ben's throwing for the day.

Joey Porter and Ben Roethlisberger played magnificently in the 1st half. Keep it going now.....

My first half thoughts:  The Broncos don't belong playing in this game.  If it weren't for some big time help from the NFL refs, they wouldn't be.  The Steelers are showing that the Broncos don't belong.

1281948[/snapback]

C'mon Nick, you are better than this.

Guest THEbigred

I'll pass on the NE sour grapes de-railing bit and just say that while I wouldn't call PIT's play "magnificant," it has been impressive in not so much the great plays, but the lack of really bad ones. Very workmanlike. Also glad they came out and didn't just go up the gut 3 times and punt (which I half expected). Very good coaching.

I wish Cowher coached for the Colts. :D

C'mon Nick, you are better than this.

1282003[/snapback]

:D I don't know what you mean by that exactly. The Broncos beat the Pats to get to the AFC Championship game, but there has been significant discussion by the NFL referees and all of the national media regarding 3 calls by the officials that were extremely controversial and resulted in 21 points.

Note that I didn't claim that the Pats were better or that they deserved it. They didn't deserve anything playing like they did. Denver took advantage of what it was given in that game and won. But anyone that doesn't recognize that they got significant help both from the Pats bad mistakes and 3 controversial calls that, if not called or called the other way sends them home for the season, is kidding themselves.

I don't kid myself about the Tuck rule. I have seen it called many times, so I know it's a "legit" rule, but if I didn't recognize that the refs calling that play a "tuck rule" play was a gift I would be just another blind homer.

In the End, Pittsburgh was the best team in the AFC. I thought they were the second best going into the playoffs, but I was wrong. They were the best by a pretty big margin, and Denver wasn't even in their league.

:D  I don't know what you mean by that exactly.  The Broncos beat the Pats to get to the AFC Championship game, but there has been significant discussion by the NFL referees and all of the national media regarding 3 calls by the officials that were extremely controversial and resulted in 21 points.

Note that I didn't claim that the Pats were better or that they deserved it.  They didn't deserve anything playing like they did.  Denver took advantage of what it was given in that game and won.  But anyone that doesn't recognize that they got significant help both from the Pats bad mistakes and 3 controversial calls that, if not called or called the other way sends them home for the season, is kidding themselves.

I don't kid myself about the Tuck rule.  I have seen it called many times, so I know it's a "legit" rule, but if I didn't recognize that the refs calling that play a "tuck rule" play was a gift I would be just another blind homer.

In the End, Pittsburgh was the best team in the AFC.  I thought they were the second best going into the playoffs, but I was wrong.  They were the best by a pretty big margin, and Denver wasn't even in their league.

1283369[/snapback]

O.k., my bad then Nick. I thought you were doing a :D routine, but, you obviously weren't, my mistake.