[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Roethlisberger

Menudo

I can't stand Menudo, in fact he drives me nuts.  But it's hard to argue with what he has been saying for over a year.  Big Ben is the real deal.  It is more then the system he is in which many people have argued.  He in fact is the reason the system is what it is.  This is hard for me to admit but he is a top 5 QB.  The reason they can run the ball is because he is a legit threat throwing the ball.  Deep balls, 2nd level, and screens.  He can do it all.  I honestly think if Menudo didn't try to persuade everyone like he does it would be easier for us to realize it.  Now we have seen it there is no point for Menudo to push it on us.

1282904[/snapback]

Well said.

Roethlisberger has ended up being a good QB. But he could could have been a one armed crippled slow and Menudo still woud have touted him simply because he was on the Steelers. If he from time to time pointed out some Steeler players who suck along with the ones he thinks are great, then we could make some judgement about Menudo's eye for talent. But when he touts every Steeler player - then happens to be right on one of them, it's hard to give credit. He's kind of like the proverbial blind squirrel that stumbles upon a nut. Now we're going to have to listen for two weeks about how he found the nut.

Edited by Vet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Menudo just so you know threads like this are why people can't stand you. WEEKLY and sometimes BI-WEEKLY you start threads about Ben. I don't see other teams fans starting threads EVERY SINGLE WEEK about their players. We all know Ben is a good QB, he isn't the end all be all you think he is, but clearly the guy is a very good QB and should have a good career ahead of him. With that said I just wanted to point out to you, since you asked why everyone gets on you so much in another thread, that it's threads like this almost EVERY day that make people can't stand you.

Remembering that draft some experts thought he was the top QB, but played at Miami and didn't play in huge games. He was known to have a good arm and could run pretty well, but he is now showing how good he is when healthy.

This could be a long run for the Steelers.

Wow, I saw H8 was making a post, I am shocked it was negative towards me and/or Steeler fans.  :D

1282577[/snapback]

Wow, I saw Menudo making a post, I am shocked it was a post about the greatness of the Steelers and/or their players.

Get it yet Menudo?

FWIW, Ben looks great right now, no question about it. He's got pocket poise that reminds me of Tom Brady. That's something you can't learn, and if you have it, the chances for success are very high.

Wow, I saw Menudo making a post, I am shocked it was a post about the greatness of the Steelers and/or their players.

Get it yet Menudo?

1282968[/snapback]

Dude - the Steelers are going to the Superbowl. First #6 seed to ever do it, meaning no one expected them to make it. Steelers fans are excited about it. Is it shocking that we're going to talk about it?

Is it unusual for homers of the teams that survive each week of the playoffs to talk about their teams? Now that there are only 2 teams left, do you expect there to be much talk about anything else?

Seriously - what the hell else should we be discussing on a football site?

Dude - the Steelers are going to the Superbowl.  First #6 seed to ever do it, meaning no one expected them to make it.  Steelers fans are excited about it.  Is it shocking that we're going to talk about it?

Is it unusual for homers of the teams that survive each week of the playoffs to talk about their teams?  Now that there are only 2 teams left, do you expect there to be much talk about anything else?

1282977[/snapback]

Why are you guys/girls so uptight? I think it's great what the Steelers did, and what the Seahawks did. How many Seahawks posts have you seen? And FWIW, deal with it. You should be happy your team is getting ripped on by people. That means your still in this thing. Don't see too many people talking about the Vikes nowadays. :D

I can't stand Menudo, in fact he drives me nuts.  But it's hard to argue with what he has been saying for over a year.  Big Ben is the real deal.  It is more then the system he is in which many people have argued.  He in fact is the reason the system is what it is.  This is hard for me to admit but he is a top 5 QB.  The reason they can run the ball is because he is a legit threat throwing the ball.  Deep balls, 2nd level, and screens.  He can do it all.  I honestly think if Menudo didn't try to persuade everyone like he does it would be easier for us to realize it.  Now we have seen it there is no point for Menudo to push it on us.

1282904[/snapback]

All I did was make a post about a QB that just won an AFC Championship game. I thought it was relevant. Sheesh.

All I did was make a post about a QB that just won an AFC Championship game.  I thought it was relevant.  Sheesh.

1282995[/snapback]

You know I like you Menudo and enjoy having some back and forth fun with you, but man you are clueless on this one. Okay if you started a thread or 2 on Ben over a course of time sure no big deal. BUT what you do is start threads on Ben, Pitt, and EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that has to do with the Steelers MANY times a day. So again it IS NOT what you say it is that you do it OVER and OVER and OVER again. How many Ben posts does 1 need? Do you see Seattle fans making SA posts or Hass posts EVERY day? Or Seattle this and Seattle that posts EVERY day? That is what the deal is here.

Dude - the Steelers are going to the Superbowl.  First #6 seed to ever do it, meaning no one expected them to make it.  Steelers fans are excited about it.  Is it shocking that we're going to talk about it?

Is it unusual for homers of the teams that survive each week of the playoffs to talk about their teams?  Now that there are only 2 teams left, do you expect there to be much talk about anything else?

1282977[/snapback]

Squeeg, it is what it is. The popular thing for some to do is to see a post made by me, and totally rip it to shreds, regardless of what is written. There is absoulutely nothing wrong with me writing a post about a QB that just won an AFC Championship game. If it was made by someone else, it would simply be discussed, which is the purpose of a football message board. People think that I am the problem, but, if you read the threads, I start things talking about football, and people come in and rip me. It is getting comical at this point.

You know I like you Menudo and enjoy having some back and forth fun with you, but man you are clueless on this one. Okay if you started a thread or 2 on Ben over a course of time sure no big deal. BUT what you do is start threads on Ben, Pitt, and EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that has to do with the Steelers MANY times a day. So again it IS NOT what you say it is that you do it OVER and OVER and OVER again. How many Ben posts does 1 need? Do you see Seattle fans making SA posts or Hass posts EVERY day? Or Seattle this and Seattle that posts EVERY day? That is what the deal is here.

1283000[/snapback]

Some people have a problem with fact vs. fiction. I make posts about Ben Roethlisberger ever day ? O.k. Show me the links. Do a search, I think you will be surprised.

Some people have a problem with fact vs. fiction.  I make posts about Ben Roethlisberger ever day ?  O.k.  Show me the links.  Do a search, I think you will be surprised.

1283002[/snapback]

No not about Ben every day. You have 2 or so threads a week about Ben. 1 about Porter. 1 about Bettis and Cowher. 1 about Cincy and Pitt. See my point? It's isn't always Ben, or always Cowher, it's just ALWAYS something on Pitt.

Edited by giantsfan

No not about Ben every day. You have 2 or so threads a week about Ben. 1 about Porter. 1 about Bettis and Cowher. 1 about Cincy and Pitt. See my point? It's isn't always Ben, or always Cowher, it's just ALWAYS something on Pitt.

1283005[/snapback]

Yes, they are my favorite team, hence, I spend more time reading about them, watching them, etc.... Sometimes I pass on things that I find interesting or funny regarding them. Sometimes I do it to trash talk other teams fans. I was under the impression this was football message board, maybe I am in the wrong place. :D

Squeeg, it is what it is.  The popular thing for some to do is to see a post made by me, and totally rip it to shreds, regardless of what is written.  There is absoulutely nothing wrong with me writing a post about a QB that just won an AFC Championship game.  If it was made by someone else, it would simply be discussed, which is the purpose of a football message board.  People think that I am the problem, but, if you read the threads, I start things talking about football, and people come in and rip me.  It is getting comical at this point.

1283001[/snapback]

You're the comical one. What tunnel vision you have. You just sat at your computer and wrote this post as if it were the first one you'd written or even the 2nd or 3rd you'd written, but dude - it's like your millionth. Good grief already.

Yes, they are my favorite team, hence, I spend more time reading about them, watching them, etc....  Sometimes I pass on things that I find interesting or funny regarding them.  Sometimes I do it to trash talk other teams fans.  I was under the impression this was football message board, maybe I am in the wrong place.  :D

1283041[/snapback]

I hear that. I didn't mean it like why do you always post about Pitt I meant it like why do you make SO MANY posts about Pitt. It is what it is. I was kind of just giving you the 411 on why people in here are bothered by you. You did ask that open question in another thread and I was kind enough to point out the reason to you.

i'm sorry riki... but i don't think he is there yet... he is getting better.

today he took what was given to him.... i saw a very loose secondary giving large cushions to the wr's.  i also saw 3 balls that should have been picked (one for a td).  i still think you could insert about 75% of the current starting qb's and get similar results.

he still has a way to go to reach the status that you are currently giving him.

1282900[/snapback]

I have to agree here. While Ben is an intriging young QB, he is still a young QB. Trent Dilfer could do as well as Ben has if he was in that system. Oh, wait he pretty much already has. All kidding aside, I think Ben will be a very good maybe even a great QB before it is said and done, but he isnt' there yet.

Well said.

Roethlisberger has ended up being a good QB.  But he could could have been a one armed crippled slow and Menudo still woud have touted him simply because he was on the Steelers.  If he from time to time pointed out some Steeler players who suck along with the ones he thinks are great, then we could make some judgement about Menudo's eye for talent.  But when he touts every Steeler player - then happens to be right on one of them, it's hard to give credit.  He's kind of like the proverbial blind squirrel that stumbles upon a nut.  Now we're going to have to listen for two weeks about how he found the nut.

1282948[/snapback]

I also made a post about Poalmalu being the best safety in football earlier this year and told I was the blindest, most homerish person in the world by many, one being Hugh One, and now, prettty much everyone is starting to agree. :D

O.k. Steelers that I either don't like, didn't like, or think are over-rated

Joey Porter - awesome player, shoots his mouth off too much

Chad Scott - Couldn't stand this guy.

John Jackson - Most over-rated lineman the Steelers ever had.

Plaxico Burress - Never had the heart to match his talent

Antwaan Randle-El - Love the excitement factor, but makes too many bonehead

plays.

Cedrick Wilson - He made up for all of it yesterday, but, I thought for someone

shooting their mouths off about wanting the ball more, he

dropped his fair share.

I don't tout every Steeler player. The one's that I think are exceptional players are:

Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, and Alan Faneca

Bettis was obviously once exceptional.

Once again reality and fiction are blurred.

You're the comical one. What tunnel vision you have. You just sat at your computer and wrote this post as if it were the first one you'd written or even the 2nd or 3rd you'd written, but dude - it's like your millionth. Good grief already.

1283047[/snapback]

Some like me, and I have been defended in posts calling me out, some are annoyed by me. I can live with that.

I have to agree here.  While Ben is an intriging young QB, he is still a young QB.  Trent Dilfer could do as well as Ben has if he was in that system.  Oh, wait he pretty much already has.  All kidding aside, I think Ben will be a very good maybe even a great QB before it is said and done, but he isnt' there yet.

1283054[/snapback]

Someone still comparing Ben to Trent Dilfer. :D

In the last two games, the Steelers were unable to run the ball effectively. Ben carried the offense in these last two games, and has proven that the system QB garbage is complete BS. This team looked like garbage when Ben was hurt, with him, they rarely lose.

I think the best way to tell a true Steelers fan is by their Smackbowl roster. If you are a hugh homer and post about how great your TEAM is, your roster should be filled with players from that team.

Other than that I like these posts as it shows how much people truly love their teams.

I think the best way to tell a true Steelers fan is by their Smackbowl roster.  If you are a hugh homer and post about how great your TEAM is, your roster should be filled with players from that team. 

Other than that I like these posts as it shows how much people truly love their teams.

1283118[/snapback]

:D In my defense, I rarely take Steelers in fantasy football contests, as I feel I will jinx them.

All I did was make a post about a QB that just won an AFC Championship game.  I thought it was relevant.  Sheesh.

1282995[/snapback]

No, you've made numerous posts about Big Ben and the Steelers. So many in fact that people have reached the point of oversaturation and nobody wants to here about them any more.... even if there is nothing else to talk about.

So yeah, you have every right to talk about the Steelers and their great young QB, but don't dismiss the environment that's been built up by all the other posts.

No, you've made numerous posts about Big Ben and the Steelers.  So many in fact that people have reached the point of oversaturation and nobody wants to here about them any more.... even if there is nothing else to talk about.

So yeah, you have every right to talk about the Steelers and their great young QB, but don't dismiss the environment that's been built up by all the other posts.

1283153[/snapback]

O.k. I hearby don't dismiss the environment that's been built up by all of the other posts.