[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Roethlisberger

Menudo

Someone still comparing Ben to Trent Dilfer.  :D

In the last two games, the Steelers were unable to run the ball effectively.  Ben carried the offense in these last two games, and has proven that the system QB garbage is complete BS.  This team looked like garbage when Ben was hurt, with him, they rarely lose.

1283073[/snapback]

He is what he is. I think he has more "potential" than Dilfer, but at this point like others have said, you could insert over 1/2 the QB's in the league into the Steelers starting lineup, and you would have the same result. That's not to say he won't be great one day. It's just being honest, and not being blinded by homerism.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is what he is.  I think he has more "potential" than Dilfer, but at this point like others have said, you could insert over 1/2 the QB's in the league into the Steelers starting lineup, and you would have the same result.  That's not to say he won't be great one day.  It's just being honest, and not being blinded by homerism.

1283201[/snapback]

1/2 the QBs in the league could not have lead Pittsburgh to the 26 - 4 record (or whatever Ben's current record is) over the last two years. Roethlisberger is a winner, he has 'it', and he is the reason the Steelers offense has won some many games over the last two years. And, he's been the reason they won three road playoff games this year against very, very good football teams.

This isn't blind homerism, this is coming from someone who's watch every game Roethlisberger has played. But I'm not trying to convince you... you'll figure it out on your own over the next couple years :D

He is better than that. Last year I think Pitt carried him, this year I think he has gone a long way to carry Pitt. With that said we can NOT say he's great yet. He may be great someday but right now he is a good QB who certainly has upside to be more if he continues down this road.

He is better than that. Last year I think Pitt carried him, this year I think he has gone a long way to carry Pitt. With that said we can NOT say he's great yet. He may be great someday but right now he is a good QB who certainly has upside to be more if he continues down this road.

1283235[/snapback]

I completely agree with you. He still has a long way to go, but, he is off to a great start.

And for Menudo lets remember this, Eli led a team that was predicted to win 7 or 8 TOPS to a division title and 11 wins this season and he threw 24 TD's in his first full season. Yes he struggled down the stretch and against Carolina, but lets also remember Ben was AWFUL in his first playoffs as well against the Jets and NE. So lets let this thing play out a few years before we say who's better than whom.

And for Menudo lets remember this, Eli led a team that was predicted to win 7 or 8 TOPS to a division title and 11 wins this season and he threw 24 TD's in his first full season. Yes he struggled down the stretch and against Carolina, but lets also remember Ben was AWFUL in his first playoffs as well against the Jets and NE. So lets let this thing play out a few years before we say who's better than whom.

1283242[/snapback]

Agreed. We will know who is better when all is said and done, but, I don't there is much question as to who has been better thus far. Honestly, I don't care about the Eli vs. Ben comparison. I didn't start the first one, I was just insulted by the 85-15 voting results for Eli. Many have admitted that they now feel differently.

1283242[/snapback]

Agreed, but let's not forget he was a rookie last year. He may have "hit the wall" as many rookies do; very difficult to adjust to the length of an NFL season right out of college.

Agreed, but let's not forget he was a rookie last year. He may have "hit the wall" as many rookies do; very difficult to adjust to the length of an NFL season right out of college.

1283258[/snapback]

I agree, and the same argument goes for Eli this year. Ben started MANY games last year Eli didn't. For all real pruposes this was Eli's rookie season in terms of starting more than 6 or so games.

I agree, and the same argument goes for Eli this year. Ben started MANY games last year Eli didn't. For all real pruposes this was Eli's rookie season in terms of starting more than 6 or so games.

1283260[/snapback]

Good point, Eli was in many ways a rookie this year.

Edited by Gdawg

I will say this plain as day though IF Eli doesn't take a nice step forward next year, maybe not in terms of actual passing TD #'s because 24 is a nice # but certainly in terms of consistency and comp %, then I will have a HUGH issue with him next year at this time TRUST me on that.

He is what he is.  I think he has more "potential" than Dilfer, but at this point like others have said, you could insert over 1/2 the QB's in the league into the Steelers starting lineup, and you would have the same result.

1283201[/snapback]

Not quite sure about that, but I agree with your general point.

Ben is certainly very talented and I'm not trying to take away from what he's done, but he's in an optimal position to succeed. He plays behind a line that pass- and run-blocks extremely well, he has two very talented halfbacks on his squad (one is a future HOFer), good receiving options in Hines and Heath, a defense that's played absolutely lights-out over the past month, and played under very good coaches (Cowher, LeBeau). It's difficult NOT to succeed in that position, even if he doesn't play particularly well. Hell, even a mediocre QB like Jake Plummer was able to ride his running game and defense all the way to the AFC Championship game. IMO, any QB who's better than Jake Plummer (Brady, Manning, McNabb, McNair, Brees, Palmer, Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Trent Green) could've taken the Steelers to the SB this year. As much credit as Ben is being given (and he deserves a lot), Dick LeBeau and the Steelers defense are the reason that they're where they are right now.

Edited by Bill Swerski

No kidding.  Ben has played superbly over the past month, but it's difficult to enjoy it with Manure's never-ending barrage of homerism.   :D

1283649[/snapback]

Calling me 'Manure'. What a mature thing to do ? You have shown yourself ot be classy so many times. Remember this post:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1178813

Swerski Says: I don't have anything personal against the Steelers, but I agree that Manure is a complete waste of a human life. Hopefully he'll get hit by a bus tonight and someone in need of a kidney transplant will be saved.

You are all class Bill, all class..... :D

People can say what they want about me, but, I never take it to a personal level unless clearly provoked, and even then, I usually refrain.

Edited by Menudo

You are all class Bill, all class.....  :D

People can say what they want about me, but, I never take it to a personal level unless clearly provoked, and even then, I usually refrain.

1283706[/snapback]

You've been trying to "provoke" me for months here ("Swerski roots for two teams!" :D), so don't give me your I'm-above-your-level bullsh!t. You looove to dish it out, but cry like a little pu$$y when it's thrown back in your face. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

You've been trying to "provoke" me for months here ("Swerski roots for two teams!"  :D), so don't give me your I'm-above-your-level bullsh!t.  You looove to dish it out, but cry like a little pu$$y when it's thrown back in your face.  :D

1284085[/snapback]

Look-up the last time I pulled a 2-team thing. You asked me to stop, I have. I have never dished out personal insults to you or anyone else unless provoked. You said I was a waste of life and hoped I would get hit by a bus.

:D you know, i don't mind menudo being a homer and posting steelers stuff all the time.  good for him.  but what IS annoying is the constant "everybody hates me, i'm so mistreated just because i love the steelers" schtick.  :D

1284095[/snapback]

Gotta' agree with this one.

Look-up the last time I pulled a 2-team thing.  You asked me to stop, I have.

1284124[/snapback]

Yeah, after you ignored my request about three or four times. You're full of crap.

I have never dished out personal insults to you or anyone else unless provoked.

No, you just bait people with obnoxious "jokes" all day. You're nothing but a post-padding pest and deserve every bit of crap that's thrown your way.

You said I was a waste of life and hoped I would get hit by a bus.

Yes, I did. And if my comment offended you, too (the really bad word)ing bad.

Edited by Bill Swerski

:D you know, i don't mind menudo being a homer and posting steelers stuff all the time.  good for him.  but what IS annoying is the constant "everybody hates me, i'm so mistreated just because i love the steelers" schtick.  :D

1284095[/snapback]

95% accurate--you forgot the "I need attention" in there.

You've been trying to "provoke" me for months here ("Swerski roots for two teams!"  :D), so don't give me your I'm-above-your-level bullsh!t.  You looove to dish it out, but cry like a little pu$$y when it's thrown back in your face.  :D

1284085[/snapback]

I'll throw in my $.02. You swerski are a complete jacka$$. Who are you kiddin'?