[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Roethlisberger

Menudo

I am positive that this post will annoy many, because if is being made by me.

I have had battle after battle about Roethlisberger over the last two years. My only problem with people ripping him for being the QB of a running team, is that it works both ways. I had seen enough of him, especially with his development this year to feel confident that in games where he needed to throw, he would do just fine.

In these last two games, the Steelers did not run the ball consistently well. Roethlisberger pretty much put them on their back offensively and carried them, which is what many wanted to see him do. He answered awful playoff performances last year, with flawless ones this year. At this point, due to his age, his maturity, and his abilities he has shown in the clutch, I don't know that there is ANYONE I would rather have QB'ng this team right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is the best QB around or anything, but, he has proven many people wrong over this playoff run.

If he wins in 2 weeks, he is arguably off to the best start ever by a QB in this league.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why do it. I admit the guy is better than I thought, but Denver clearly didnt gameplan to stop him, and their secondary looked clueless. Im nto saying Seattle will be able too, but if you want to know where the UT comparisons come from, this post is 1/1000th of the reason, and Im sure there is more to come.

I am no Steeler fan but you absolutely cannot disreguard what he has done in two years. I love his toughness and decission making. He deserves all the press he gets. All I can say is :D

Then why do it.  I admit the guy is better than I thought, but Denver clearly didnt gameplan to stop him, and their secondary looked clueless.  Im nto saying Seattle will be able too, but if you want to know where the UT comparisons come from, this post is 1/1000th of the reason, and Im sure there is more to come.

1282521[/snapback]

I really don't see anything wrong with this post, at all. The reason I do it, is to discuss football on a football forum.

Edited by Menudo

I love the guy. One thing that he has to learn, and I am sure he will, is not to take all those hits. He has got to learn to fight another down. He makes tons of plays out of nothing but sometimes he takes hits that he just should not. Having said that, I am way happy that he is running this offense. :D

I love the guy.  One thing that he has to learn, and I am sure he will, is not to take all those hits.  He has got to learn to fight another down.  He makes tons of plays out of nothing but sometimes he takes hits that he just should not.  Having said that, I am way happy that he is running this offense. :D

1282536[/snapback]

Agree 100% about the taking hits. It is just part of the learning process, hopefully, he will continue to develop.

I really don't see anything wrong with this post, at all.  The reason I do it, is to discuss football on a football forum.

1282528[/snapback]

It is unreal that he is only in his second year. The last 3 first round picks of the Steelers:

2005: Heath Miller

2004: Ben Roethlisberger

2003: Troy Polamalu

Has any team had ANY better? That is why they are in the Superbowl this year.

After watching his performance today (along with many other soild performances out of him), I would have to say he's destined for the Hall of Fame someday. Barring injury of course, or completely losing all his poise/skills/arm strength. He's awesome. I know its easy to say this now, but I thought he was the best QB in the draft last year and was surprised he fell to where he did. Jury is still out on Rivers of course since he hasn't played a meaningful game yet.

After watching his performance today (along with many other soild performances out of him), I would have to say he's destined for the Hall of Fame someday.  Barring injury of course, or completely losing all his poise/skills/arm strength.  He's awesome.  I know its easy to say this now, but I thought he was the best QB in the draft last year and was surprised he fell to where he did.  Jury is still out on Rivers of course since he hasn't played a meaningful game yet.

1282560[/snapback]

Must admit that I wanted Rivers :D , but, happy to be wrong.

Steeler fans are a bunch of women.  Geez, do we really need 30 threads a day hanging from cower and company's sac?

1282570[/snapback]

Wow, I saw H8 was making a post, I am shocked it was negative towards me and/or Steeler fans. :D

I'm in no way a steelers fan, but after watching the way this guy plays, im turning into a fan of his. He's gutsy, and has a lot of moxy in big games. If I was starting a team, and could choose any quarterback in the league, I'd take him no.1 for sure. There is no comparison as far as age, leadership, and ability with this guy. Amazing.

Steeler fans are a bunch of women.  Geez, do we really need 30 threads a day hanging from cower and company's sac?

1282570[/snapback]

Um, maybe your panties are to tight H8, but I only count 6 on the first page that were started by Steelers fans. Maybe I missed on or two but come on. If the morans wouldn't egg them on, the shucks would stop. There are probably more threads started with the intention of bashing the Steelers then there are by Homers.

Um, maybe your panties are to tight H8, but I only count 6 on the first page that were started by Steelers fans.  Maybe I missed on or two but come on.  If the morans wouldn't egg them on, the shucks would stop.  There are probably more threads started with the intention of bashing the Steelers then there are by Homers.

1282628[/snapback]

:D

I'll give Ben his props through the games he's played this year. He's matured and is playing beyond his experience. This doesn't in any way mean I agree with what you were saying about him last year but, this year he does look like he's more into the game. As I've posted in another thread, he made good throws and calls at the line. He did carry his team through some games this year and looks to be shaping into a very fine QB. As far as HOF, I'll reserve judgement on that for just a little longer.

I am positive that this post will annoy many, because if is being made by me.

I have had battle after battle about Roethlisberger over the last two years.  My only problem with people ripping him for being the QB of a running team, is that it works both ways.  I had seen enough of him, especially with his development this year to feel confident that in games where he needed to throw, he would do just fine.

In these last two games, the Steelers did not run the ball consistently well.  Roethlisberger pretty much put them on their back offensively and carried them, which is what many wanted to see him do.  He answered awful playoff performances last year, with flawless ones this year.  At this point, due to his age, his maturity, and his abilities he has shown in the clutch, I don't know that there is ANYONE I would rather have QB'ng this team right now.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is the best QB around or anything, but, he has proven many people wrong over this playoff run.

If he wins in 2 weeks, he is arguably off to the best start ever by a QB in this league.

1282516[/snapback]

This sounds like a Penthouse Forum letter. Or, whatever the ghey equivalent to Penthouse is.

:D

i'm sorry riki... but i don't think he is there yet... he is getting better.

today he took what was given to him.... i saw a very loose secondary giving large cushions to the wr's. i also saw 3 balls that should have been picked (one for a td). i still think you could insert about 75% of the current starting qb's and get similar results.

he still has a way to go to reach the status that you are currently giving him.

I can't stand Menudo, in fact he drives me nuts. But it's hard to argue with what he has been saying for over a year. Big Ben is the real deal. It is more then the system he is in which many people have argued. He in fact is the reason the system is what it is. This is hard for me to admit but he is a top 5 QB. The reason they can run the ball is because he is a legit threat throwing the ball. Deep balls, 2nd level, and screens. He can do it all. I honestly think if Menudo didn't try to persuade everyone like he does it would be easier for us to realize it. Now we have seen it there is no point for Menudo to push it on us.

Edited by Nappy Dugout