[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Overrated Team Ever...

DaFreak

Not jumping on you rajn'.... but.....

There is always some excuse for why someone loses to Seattle. Doesn't matter who the opponent... Seattle would have lost if only (insert excuse here).....

Will be interesting to see and hear all the excuses for Pitt if they lose to Seattle in the SB.

I don't think Seattle has won a game fair and square in a very long time. At least according to most of the Huddle users they haven't.

It is a shame that such a terrible team made it to the big game. They are so totally unworthy and I am embarrassed for the Seattle fans here. They are just so incredibly lucky.

>>>Did anyone notice that Seattle was loaded up on SSmith right out of the gate and that Goings was considered a good starter RB at that time? Nah, probably not.

1283076[/snapback]

:D Sky's getting nasty.

FWIW, I think the Seahaws deserve exactly what they've gotten. You've never heard me say a negative thing about them. I think they game planned perfectly, and don't think having Foster would have made a difference. They played well enough in the regular season to be the #1 seed, which is HUGH for a West Coast team because of the travel schedule. They faced adversity during the regular season with the loss of DJax. THey have arguably the best RB in the game.

Not sure why you're not feeling the love Sky, I haven't seen much, if any, Seahawk bashing around these parts. :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why you're not feeling the love Sky, I haven't seen much, if any, Seahawk bashing around these parts. :D

1283098[/snapback]

It's not me that isn't getting any love... it's the Seattle fans and their team.

And it isn't the Seattle bashing... it's the talk about the teams that lose to them and how that team would have won if blah blah blah. Seattle doesn't get enough respect to be bashed except for the occasional thread about how they are overrated... Alexander isn't really a good RB... they didn't play anybody, have never played anybody, and never will play anybody...... and the like.

No team ever wins a game according to most Huddlers.... a team always loses a game. Thus, Seattle winning gets no press... only the losing team gets the press.

...............Once again I am getting my point across poorly. :D

The Seahawks did what the Bears should have done. They game planned to take Steve Smith out of the game at any cost. It worked. The Bears thought their defense was good enough and they could just play their regular defense. They were proven wrong.

1283030[/snapback]

Almost word for word what I told a co-worker this morning. Chicago was arrogant about the ability for their normal defense to take SSmith out of the game and were terrribly wrong.

It's not me that isn't getting any love... it's the Seattle fans and their team.

And it isn't the Seattle bashing... it's the talk about the teams that lose to them and how that team would have won if blah blah blah. Seattle doesn't get enough respect to be bashed except for the occasional thread about how they are overrated... Alexander isn't really a good RB... they didn't play anybody, have never played anybody, and never will play anybody...... and the like.

No team ever wins a game according to most Huddlers.... a team always loses a game. Thus, Seattle winning gets no press... only the losing team gets the press.

...............Once again I am getting my point across poorly. :D

1283114[/snapback]

Well, more bad news than: If you win the Super Bowl, you'll only be beating a #6 seed, which would be more evidence that you guys do indeed suck. :D

Not jumping on you rajn'.... but.....

There is always some excuse for why someone loses to Seattle. Doesn't matter who the opponent... Seattle would have lost if only (insert excuse here).....

Will be interesting to see and hear all the excuses for Pitt if they lose to Seattle in the SB.

I don't think Seattle has won a game fair and square in a very long time. At least according to most of the Huddle users they haven't.

It is a shame that such a terrible team made it to the big game. They are so totally unworthy and I am embarrassed for the Seattle fans here. They are just so incredibly lucky.

>>>Did anyone notice that Seattle was loaded up on SSmith right out of the gate and that Goings was considered a good starter RB at that time? Nah, probably not.

1283076[/snapback]

I think you're getting me wrong here Sky. I too think that Seattle would have won the game regardless. I just think that it was much easier for them to load up on Smith with Carolina down to their 3rd & 4th string RBs. I'm by no means a Carolina fan, they are a division rival, but to call them the most overrated team and say their nothing without Smith is just sour grapes. Seattle was definately the better team, but these crybaby Bear fans (and no, I'm not putting all Bear fans in the same boat) should take their licks like a man and give credit to Carolina, not just Steve Smith, where it is due.

If it makes you feel any better Sky I'm picking Seattle to take home the trophy. :D

The Panthers have got to be the most over-rated team I've ever seen.

I'm not trying to take away from what they did...they over achieved with a DEF that was mediocre and an offense that for the most part was anemic!!!!

But come on, Dellhome is a backup at best who was blessed to have an extraordinary receiver. Take him out of the game and you see Dellhome for who he really is.

Had the Bears shut down Smith they would have at least given Seattle a game. As it was we saw a team make it the the NFC championship game that had no business being there.

That is all!

:D

1282974[/snapback]

:D:D

Sounds like a little sour grapes to me... :D:D

Not too many teams win 3 straight games on the road in a tough place like Qwest Field. I am dissappointed by how we played yesterday. :D

However, if we are the frauds you claim, well, I guess there are at least 15 other frauds in the NFC as the Seahawks were clearly the class of the NFC this year.

If it makes you feel any better Sky I'm picking Seattle to take home the trophy. :D

1283131[/snapback]

LOL You're almost as bad as Sarge when it comes to the Kiss of Death when picking a team to win. :D The family next door will not be happy with you. :D

Oh... and I am well aware of where your rooting interest lies. :D

Well, more bad news than: If you win the Super Bowl, you'll only be beating a #6 seed, which would be more evidence that you guys do indeed suck. :D

1283129[/snapback]

Rewritten for accuracy:

"Well, more bad news then: If Seattle wins the Super Bowl, they will only be beating a #6 seed, which would be more evidence that Seattle does indeed suck. :D"

-----------------------------

See, an excuse in the making even before the game begins. Poor Seattle fans... can't catch a break. :D

Who did the Bears beat all year???

+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+

|  Week  |        Opponent              |  Result  |  Score  |

|    1  | at Washington Redskins        |    L    |  7- 9  |

|    2  |    Detroit Lions              |    W    |  38- 6  |

|    3  |    Cincinnati Bengals        |    L    |  7-24  |

|    4  |                                                    |

|    5  | at Cleveland Browns          |    L    |  10-20  |

|    6  |    Minnesota Vikings          |    W    |  28- 3  |

|    7  |    Baltimore Ravens          |    W    |  10- 6  |

|    8  | at Detroit Lions              |    W    |  19-13  |

|    9  | at New Orleans Saints        |    W    |  20-17  |

|  10  |    San Francisco 49ers        |    W    |  17- 9  |

|  11  |    Carolina Panthers          |    W    |  13- 3  |

|  12  | at Tampa Bay Buccaneers      |    W    |  13-10  |

|  13  |    Green Bay Packers          |    W    |  19- 7  |

|  14  | at Pittsburgh Steelers        |    L    |  9-21  |

|  15  |    Atlanta Falcons            |    W    |  16- 3  |

|  16  | at Green Bay Packers          |    W    |  24-17  |

|  17  | at Minnesota Vikings          |    L    |  10-34  |

5 Wins in the NFC North...Saints, 49ers!!  the only good wins they had were versus the Bucs, Panthers, and Falcons and those were defensive wins.    Talk about overated!!!!

1283094[/snapback]

And here is the Panthers schedule and outcome...

Panthers 2005 Regular Season Schedule

Date Opponent Time Result

Sunday, September 11 New Orleans 1:00 p.m. L 20 - 23

Sunday, September 18 New England 1:00 p.m. W 27 - 17

Sunday, September 25 @ Miami 1:00 p.m. L 24 - 27

Monday, October 3 Green Bay 9:00 p.m. W 32 - 29

Sunday, October 9 @ Arizona 4:15 p.m. W 24 - 20

Sunday, October 16 @ Detroit 1:00 p.m. W 21 - 20

Sunday, October 30 Minnesota 1:00 p.m. W 38 - 13

Sunday, November 6 @ Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m. W 34 - 14

Sunday, November 13 New York Jets 4:05 p.m. W 30 - 3

Sunday, November 20 @ Chicago 1:00 p.m. L 3 - 13

Sunday, November 27 @ Buffalo 1:00 p.m. W 13 - 9

Sunday, December 4 Atlanta 1:00 p.m. W 24 - 6

Sunday, December 11 Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m. L 10 - 20

Sunday, December 18 @ New Orleans 1:00 p.m. W 27 - 10

Saturday, December 24 Dallas 1:00 p.m. L 20 - 24

Sunday, January 1 @ Atlanta 1:00 p.m. W 44 - 11

Maybe I was wrong, the Panthers look like they had a much tougher schedule and did better with it....

:D  :D

Sounds like a little sour grapes to me...  :D  :D

Not too many teams win 3 straight games on the road in a tough place like Qwest Field.  I am dissappointed by how we played yesterday.  :D

However, if we are the frauds you claim, well, I guess there are at least 15 other frauds in the NFC as the Seahawks were clearly the class of the NFC this year.

1283135[/snapback]

It is a pitty that none of you unnderstand this post...Go back to the original "Most Overrrated" post from a few weeks back and read what I wrote....Almost exactly what you just said....Nuff said

I have a few thoughts for any of you that might be buying any of this garbage.

No team in the playoffs is a "fraud". By saying that you are basically discounting this whole great sport. And I do not take offense to that because I don't like to torture myself over the ignorance of others.

All these threads saying "this team sucks" and so on are partially of bored people trying to stir stir the pot OR just pissed off fans whose teams just got bounced and want to level some hate. Understandable, but pointless.

The Panthers are not the most over-rated team ever, not even for this season. The Colts were the ones we were all handing the Lombardi in November, I am a Panthers fan, and even I gave up hope on them by week 12.

John Fox knew he would have running back problems this season. That is why he tortured us with Stephen Davis 2 yard runs for the first half of the year. He got every ounce Davis had left in him, and then plugged in the "injury waiting to happen" Foster in the lead role and got great games from him right when he needed them. Unfortunately Goings didn't last the 2 games necessary to complete the mission.

John Fox did probably about all he could do with his team this year and almost pulled it off.

To call them a fraud after losing to a superior RESTED and HEALTHY team on the road indicates problems in cognitive reasoning skills, which is apparently running rampant in our society if this message board is any indication.

I have a few thoughts for any of you that might be buying any of this garbage.

No team in the playoffs is a "fraud".  By saying that you are basically discounting this whole great sport.  And I do not take offense to that because I don't like to torture myself over the ignorance of others. 

All these threads saying "this team sucks" and so on are partially of bored people trying to stir stir the pot OR just pissed off fans whose teams just got bounced and want to level some hate.  Understandable, but pointless.

The Panthers are not the most over-rated team ever, not even for this season.  The Colts were the ones we were all handing the Lombardi in November, I am a Panthers fan, and even I gave up hope on them by week 12. 

John Fox knew he would have running back problems this season.  That is why he tortured us with Stephen Davis 2 yard runs for the first half of the year.  He got every ounce Davis had left in him, and then plugged in the "injury waiting to happen" Foster in the lead role and got great games from him right when he needed them.  Unfortunately Goings didn't last the 2 games necessary to complete the mission.

John Fox did probably about all he could do with his team this year and almost pulled it off. 

To call them a fraud after losing to a superior RESTED and HEALTHY team on the road indicates problems in cognitive reasoning skills, which is apparently running rampant in our society if this message board is any indication.

1283199[/snapback]

I agree and have stated the same thing....Unfortunately a poster named Loogie or Loogy posted after the Panthers beat the Bears saying the Bears were the most overrated team ever. I basically cut and pasted what he said and filled in Bears references with Panthers...Now maybe an eye for an eye isnt the best response but his original post irritated me...That being said, I do not think the Bears were a Super Bowl quality team nor did I think the Panthers were....Peace...

I agree and have stated the same thing....Unfortunately a poster named Loogie or Loogy posted after the Panthers beat the Bears saying the Bears were the most overrated team ever. I basically cut and pasted what he said and filled in Bears references with Panthers...Now maybe an eye for an eye isnt the best response but his original post irritated me...That being said, I do not think the Bears were a Super Bowl quality team nor did I think the Panthers were....Peace...

1283223[/snapback]

If you're mimicking loogie you're not headed down the right path.

The whole idea is to NOT stoop to the lowest level. Inane remarks in retaliation for perceived offenses shows a definite lack of ability to rise above the unwashed masses.

1283036[/snapback]

If you're mimicking loogie you're not headed down the right path.

1283229[/snapback]

You have to have loftier goals than to emulate a loser, don't you?

The Panthers have got to be the most over-rated team I've ever seen.

I'm not trying to take away from what they did...they over achieved with a DEF that was mediocre and an offense that for the most part was anemic!!!!

But come on, Dellhome is a backup at best who was blessed to have an extraordinary receiver. Take him out of the game and you see Dellhome for who he really is.

Had the Bears shut down Smith they would have at least given Seattle a game. As it was we saw a team make it the the NFC championship game that had no business being there.

1282974[/snapback]

I can't believe you would post this as a Bears fan. That makes this really, really stupid. You are saying that Carolina's D was mediocre, what does that say about the Bears offense? And that 'anemic' offense put up plenty of points against that 'mighty' (where 'mighty' = 'overrated' and 'exposed in the playoffs') Bears D. Muhsin Muhammad was arguably the best WR in the game last year, and now Steve Smith is arguably the best WR in the game this year. The connection? Jake Delhomme. You can't call him a 'backup at best'. How'd Muhsin do this year? Hmmm........

1283076[/snapback]

Yup

Goings line before getting knocked out: 5 2 0 2

Now 5 rushes isn't really enough to base anything on, but the fact of the matter is that Seattle had enough confidence in their front 4 to control the run and pressure Delhome to drop the extra guys into coverage. And it was working as well with Goings in as it was with him out.

Finally i found a bigger idiot than me. The Panthers deserved to be where they were, and Delhomme was the best QB on the field in Seattle. The Panthers were down to their 4th string RB  early in the game, poor Delhomme only has 1 WR worth a shucks. I doubt most QBs could do what he does with a WR corpse so thin and talentless. TE's are junk, his RB's were junk, and other than Smith, all WR's were junk.

1283277[/snapback]

Hasselbeck won 4 games without his top 2 receivers during the season. Delhomme panicked under pressure(regardless of the reason for that pressure)... something Hasselbeck no longer does. Delhomme was certainly not the best QB on the field in Seattle.

That stadium is pretty noisy - who knew a bunch of caffeined-out old hippies could put up such decibels?

1283174[/snapback]

That is pretty funny. While on caffeine I'll bet most can take a joke.

But i dont think thats the only reason they lost. They had a tough road to get where they got, First they have to go to NY and knock off a Giants team thats pumped up to be in the playoffs and they killed them, then they had to fly to Chicago and beat a pretty tough Bears team at home, then they get a SHORT WEEK to fly to Seattle and play the NFC's #1 seed. As a matter of fact they only had 1 home game since Dec. 11th. Give um a break donkey.

Just the amount of traveling they did in the last month is very trying on any team, throw in some key injuries,  they had a real chance to lose that game.

1283277[/snapback]

When was the last time PIT has a home game? What teams did PIT defeat on the way to the SB?

It is a pitty that none of you unnderstand this post...Go back to the original "Most Overrrated" post from a few weeks back and read what I wrote....Almost exactly what you just said....Nuff said

1283177[/snapback]

Now, that you have more clearly defined the intent with this post, I understand it. I do not have the time to research previous posts and did not see Loogie's thread about the Bears.

I get it now and it is cool.... no big deal. :D

If you want you are upset about a particular poster said about your team, take it up with them and not the entire team and other homers, as I think you have figured out with the responses you have been receiving. :D

Now, that you have more clearly defined the intent with this post, I understand it.  I do not have the time to research previous posts and did not see Loogie's thread about the Bears.

I get it now and it is cool.... no big deal.  :D

If you want you are upset about a particular poster said about your team, take it up with them and not the entire team and other homers, as I think you have figured out with the responses you have been receiving.  :D

1283359[/snapback]

Yeah, some of us do not read / remember / give a darn / about every single post.

There is a PM option on the boards to reach the person you are trying to piss off directly.

If there was an "overrated" team in this years playoffs, it was Indy.

Home field throughout, starters well rested (basically 3 weeks), how could you not get up and win for your coach after what his family went through?? ::D