[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Overrated Team Ever...

DaFreak

The Panthers have got to be the most over-rated team I've ever seen.

I'm not trying to take away from what they did...they over achieved with a DEF that was mediocre and an offense that for the most part was anemic!!!!

But come on, Dellhome is a backup at best who was blessed to have an extraordinary receiver. Take him out of the game and you see Dellhome for who he really is.

Had the Bears shut down Smith they would have at least given Seattle a game. As it was we saw a team make it the the NFC championship game that had no business being there.

That is all!

:D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that this team beat your Bears at Soldier Field.

1282976[/snapback]

And they did that because the Bears couldn't figure out that the way to beat Carolina is to stop Steve Smith. Seattle put FOUR guys on SSmith and took him out of the game. Chicago had ONE guy on him most of the game.

And they did that because the Bears couldn't figure out that the way to beat Carolina is to stop Steve Smith.  Seattle put FOUR guys on SSmith and took him out of the game.  Chicago had ONE guy on him most of the game.

1282979[/snapback]

Exactly....I still dont understand the Bears game plan against Carolina....They should have learned from the first meeting...In any event Carolina was exposed for the frauds they are.....

Exactly....I still dont understand the Bears game plan against Carolina....They should have learned from the first meeting...In any event Carolina was exposed for the frauds they are.....

1282983[/snapback]

Guess that means Carolina exposed the Bears for the frauds they were before being exposed themselves then ...

The Panthers have got to be the most over-rated team I've ever seen.

I'm not trying to take away from what they did...they over achieved with a DEF that was mediocre and an offense that for the most part was anemic!!!!

But come on, Dellhome is a backup at best who was blessed to have an extraordinary receiver. Take him out of the game and you see Dellhome for who he really is.

Had the Bears shut down Smith they would have at least given Seattle a game. As it was we saw a team make it the the NFC championship game that had no business being there.

That is all!

:D

1282974[/snapback]

A bitter fan of a team who was beaten, comes back a week later after the game to rip on the team that beat them. Very classy. :down:

Carolina had to go with their 4th string RB. They were playing their 3rd straight road playoff game. There's a reason why Pittsburgh is the first #6 seed since NE to go to the SB.

Give Seattle credit. If Seattle were on the road in Carolina after two straight on the road, I'm sure it would have been a different game. And remember, Seattle had an easy in-division schedule. Carolina's path to the championship game just took its toll.

I wouldnt consider it whining. Plus, what I said is true. Without Steve Smith the Panthers are nothing. The guy is Superman.

1283009[/snapback]

That's like saying without Urlacher the Bears are nothing or without Manning the Colts are nothing or without Brady the Pats are nothing. What an uneducated statement. :D

I wouldnt consider it whining. Plus, what I said is true. Without Steve Smith the Panthers are nothing. The guy is Superman.

1283009[/snapback]

The Seahawks did what the Bears should have done. They game planned to take Steve Smith out of the game at any cost. It worked. The Bears thought their defense was good enough and they could just play their regular defense. They were proven wrong.

...Deal with it...

1282991[/snapback]

ooooo...... Deal with it.... :D Love the attitude.

The whole idea is to NOT stoop to the lowest level. Inane remarks in retaliation for perceived offenses shows a definite lack of ability to rise above the unwashed masses. Makes one less readable or interesting.

Deal with it.... :D

The Seahawks did what the Bears should have done. They game planned to take Steve Smith out of the game at any cost. It worked. The Bears thought their defense was good enough and they could just play their regular defense. They were proven wrong.

1283030[/snapback]

I'll add that it was easy for the Hawks to load up on Smith since they didn't have to worry about any sort of running game.

As a Panther fan, I have to give credit to the Seahawks. They are the better team. Even if Foster and Goings were healthy, the score would have been closer, but I doubt the outcome would have been different. I don't think they over-achieved this year. They were suppose to be a contender and they made a good run.

I'll add that it was easy for the Hawks to load up on Smith since they didn't have to worry about any sort of running game.

1283042[/snapback]

Not jumping on you rajn'.... but.....

There is always some excuse for why someone loses to Seattle. Doesn't matter who the opponent... Seattle would have lost if only (insert excuse here).....

Will be interesting to see and hear all the excuses for Pitt if they lose to Seattle in the SB.

I don't think Seattle has won a game fair and square in a very long time. At least according to most of the Huddle users they haven't.

It is a shame that such a terrible team made it to the big game. They are so totally unworthy and I am embarrassed for the Seattle fans here. They are just so incredibly lucky.

>>>Did anyone notice that Seattle was loaded up on SSmith right out of the gate and that Goings was considered a good starter RB at that time? Nah, probably not.

1283030[/snapback]

Pretty darned accurate assessment right there, especially as the Bears had two weeks to get ready AND had been torched by Smith already in the regular season. Joe Buck described it as "arrogance" yesterday and I think he was close enough with that.

A bitter fan of a team who was beaten, comes back a week later after the game to rip on the team that beat them.  Very classy.  :down:

1282994[/snapback]

And I was pulling for Caro for the same reason.

That's like saying without Urlacher the Bears are nothing or without Manning the Colts are nothing or without Brady the Pats are nothing. What an uneducated statement. :D

1283029[/snapback]

Exactly. Losing a man may hurt a team, but one man does not make a team.

Who did the Bears beat all year???

+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+

| Week | Opponent | Result | Score |

| 1 | at Washington Redskins | L | 7- 9 |

| 2 | Detroit Lions | W | 38- 6 |

| 3 | Cincinnati Bengals | L | 7-24 |

| 4 | |

| 5 | at Cleveland Browns | L | 10-20 |

| 6 | Minnesota Vikings | W | 28- 3 |

| 7 | Baltimore Ravens | W | 10- 6 |

| 8 | at Detroit Lions | W | 19-13 |

| 9 | at New Orleans Saints | W | 20-17 |

| 10 | San Francisco 49ers | W | 17- 9 |

| 11 | Carolina Panthers | W | 13- 3 |

| 12 | at Tampa Bay Buccaneers | W | 13-10 |

| 13 | Green Bay Packers | W | 19- 7 |

| 14 | at Pittsburgh Steelers | L | 9-21 |

| 15 | Atlanta Falcons | W | 16- 3 |

| 16 | at Green Bay Packers | W | 24-17 |

| 17 | at Minnesota Vikings | L | 10-34 |

5 Wins in the NFC North...Saints, 49ers!! the only good wins they had were versus the Bucs, Panthers, and Falcons and those were defensive wins. Talk about overated!!!!

Edited by T-Scorp