[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams interested in Ricky Williams

NAUgrad

I just received my profootball weekly subscription that has a small blurb on Ricky Williams. Apparently a couple of teams have begun to express interest in him. The one of note that stuck out was Denver.

Obviously at first I'm thinking, that pot head, no way. But, if he was to come to Denver that could be very intersting. :D Shanny will probably spend a 3rd round pick on some other jackoff anyway.

I just found this curious. Anyone else hear of other teams expressing interest in Ricky?

It will take more than a 3rd rounder for Ricky. I've also heard Jacksonville is interested.

Imagine Ricky running behind that OLine in Denver? WOW.

And with the Dolphins bringing in OC Mularkey and his power running game Ronnnie Brown would run wild. I just hope the Dolpins draft some behemoths for the Oline.

I know if he did go to denver he would immediately be the number 4 pick in next years draft.(if not higher)

1284904[/snapback]

:D How do you figure?

They still have Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell, and showed this year that they are content to run with and possibly even more effective running RBBC.

Maybe this means Mike Anderson goes back to playing Fullback and Ricky and Tatum split time, but IMHO immediately vaulting reeferman to #4 is a little lofty.

:D  How do you figure?

They still have Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell, and showed this year that they are content to run with and possibly even more effective running RBBC.

Maybe this means Mike Anderson goes back to playing Fullback and Ricky and Tatum split time, but IMHO immediately vaulting reeferman to #4 is a little lofty.

1284936[/snapback]

And Dayne could be effective as a change of pace back in that offense.

Then I doubt he gets traded. He's worth more to the Dolphins than a 3rd rounder.

His contract for the next 2 years is peanuts.

1285146[/snapback]

Buy low, sell high.

One bad pee test - one quirky move and he's worthless to us. A year ago at this time - he was worthless to us. We need to move him while we can.

I agree - a Ricky without all his baggage is worth more than a 3rd .... but the guy could flake out at any moment.

Buy low, sell high. 

One bad pee test - one quirky move and he's worthless to us.  A year ago at this time - he was worthless to us.  We need to move him while we can. 

I agree - a Ricky without all his baggage is worth more than a 3rd .... but the guy could flake out at any moment.

1285155[/snapback]

Understood.

I still would like to see him stay with the Dolphins for the next 2 years. I like the 2 RB approach and he's an excellant insurance policy. Unless we get a 1st day pick for him I want him to stay with the Dolphins.

I have confidence that Saban & Mueller will find a QB

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

I still think they use Ricky in a package deal either to move up in the draft or get a FA. I think the Dolphins know that Ricky by himself won't get what they consider his value so by moving him along with other considerations, could be the way to go.

Buy low, sell high. 

One bad pee test - one quirky move and he's worthless to us.  A year ago at this time - he was worthless to us.  We need to move him while we can. 

1285155[/snapback]

there yah go he has one shot left

And with the Dolphins bringing in OC Mularkey and his power running game...

1284923[/snapback]

Yeah, that Megan Fox Mularkey sure used McGahee to the best of his abilities this season. :D

:D  How do you figure?

1284936[/snapback]

Anderson is 32 and Bell has difficulty staying healthy. Given that the Broncos are getting a low draft pick this spring, I could see Ricky going to Denver. It'll depend on how much Shanahan wants to pay for him.

Anderson is 32 and Bell has difficulty staying healthy.  Given that the Broncos are getting a low draft pick this spring, I could see Ricky going to Denver.  It'll depend on how much Shanahan wants to pay for him.

1285202[/snapback]

I didn't say that I didn't think he would go to Denver, or even that it would or would not be a great move.

I just think it's silly to suggest that such a move means that Ricky should be the #4 pick.