[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So how do you prepare?

Caveman_Nick

I am going into my second season of Fantasy Baseball. I find preparing for the season much tougher than preparing for Football. There is so much more to think about, and so many more players that can make a difference on your team.

So what do you do? Magazine? Website? Your own projections? What mags, sites or methods of projection do you use?

Anyone actually pay the $$ for Fantasy Prospectus?

I am going into my second season of Fantasy Baseball.  I find preparing for the season much tougher than preparing for Football.  There is so much more to think about, and so many more players that can make a difference on your team.

So what do you do?  Magazine?  Website?  Your own projections?  What mags, sites or methods of projection do you use?

Anyone actually pay the $$ for Fantasy Prospectus?

1297481[/snapback]

I've been using Fanball's rankings the past few years and they've been pretty good. I move some of the guys around, but their lists are definitely a good place to start.

I've been using Fanball's rankings the past few years and they've been pretty good.  I move some of the guys around, but their lists are definitely a good place to start.

1297683[/snapback]

good info here. fanball is great for baseball news. i usually get a sporting news magazine, they tend to have pretty good rankings. i agree though, it's much harder to prepare for FB than FF.

I used magazines..We should throw some names out in this thread and maybe try and help each other out with a sleeper or 2 unless you guys are in the huddle baseball league.

Here's a couple of sleepers for 5-5 and twelve team approach

Liriano Fransisco-10 rd

McCarthy-19th

Cain-13th

Jenks-8th

Ray-15th

Couple of Hitters

Wilkerson-changed to Texas

Jojima

Loretta

Shelton

Kinsler

Prince Fielder

Delmon Young

Outfield-is deeper this year-along with starting pitching--so you probably

will be able to get a suitable 4 or 5 starter later in the draft.

If no one starts a 5-5 for twelve or fifteen people by Feb. 15th-I will if

there is any interest. Good Luck

As much as I hate proppin' up the big bad monster, ESPN's content is usually pretty darn good. I visit their site daily, whether it be for football, basketball or baseball content. I also enjoy using Rotoworld.com -- for basketball and baseball only. I get enough football chew elsewhere. Oh, and TheSportingNews.com is usually pretty solid, too.

Here's a couple of sleepers for 5-5 and twelve team approach

Liriano Fransisco-10 rd

McCarthy-19th

Cain-13th

Jenks-8th

Ray-15th

Couple of Hitters

Wilkerson-changed to Texas

Jojima

Loretta

Shelton

Kinsler

Prince Fielder

Delmon Young

Outfield-is deeper this year-along with starting pitching--so you probably

will be able to get a suitable 4 or 5 starter later in the draft.

If no one starts a 5-5 for twelve or fifteen people by Feb. 15th-I will if

there is any interest. Good Luck

1299810[/snapback]

Francisco - Maybe in AL-only leagues. Or dynasty leagues. He's got nasty stuff, that's for sure.

McCarthy - Again, perhaps in AL-only leagues. And he's not gonna crack the Sox rotation just yet. He can strike people out, so he'll have value as a middle relief guy or if one of the Sox big ones go down.

Cain - Really like this guy. SBC Park is certainly a pitcher's park, and Cain can bring heat.

Jenks - Careful now. This guy was a darling in the WS and will be overvalued. Yeah, he has ridiculous stuff, but where does he fit in? Will he be the full-time closer or only against righties? He'll probably close for the Sox, which could mean a gaggle of saves... but don't overpay.

Ray - Good call. LaTroy Hawkins' closing days are long gone. He's got Leo Mazzone to show him the ropes. The Orioles should be improved, so he'll have value. Just keep in mind his age.

Wilkerson - I've always liked this guy. Great average guy, and has pop. He'll probably lead off for the Rangers, which means runs galore.

Johjima - Ehhh, we'll see. Will he be the catcher version of Ichiro or So Taguchi? If he slips to you, grab him, as catcher is paper thin this season.

Loretta - The move to Boston will be a good one. But, his 2004 was off the charts; don't expect anything close to that. He'll hit .300 and will score some runs. Again, another guy that may be overvalued due to the team and past stats.

Shelton - Ah yes. This guy's primed for a breakout season. Carlos Pena will be in the mix, but they may just DH him. Shelton can hit. Expect .300 and 20+ bombs with ease. I wouldn't be shocked to see 100+ RBI.

Kinsler - Great Triple-A numbers, great situation in Texas. He only has a journeyman utility guy to beat out at 2nd. Solid late-round grab.

Fielder - Let the huge overvaluations begin. In keeper or NL-only leagues, he'll be a stud. But you can get 25 dingers and 85 RBI from any 1st baseman. If he slips, grab him and trade him after a hot streak.

Young - And the other huge overvaluation. Tampa suuuuucks, and no matter how good this kid does, they're gonna bounce him around. Unless you're in a keeper/dynasty format, let someone else deal with the headaches.

Nice list though, Beef! Some real good names in there. I love evaluating deep sleepers, especially in baseball. :D

Anybody interested in joining a $$ league? My local needs a few replacement owners:

We need at least 2 replacement owners-here is the forum link:

Philly Baseball

Last year we had 6 local guys (including me) and 4 Huddlers (Skrappy1, Los Gigantes, JoJoTheWebToedBoy, & Stoperat)

We are planning on opening rules discussions next week with an eye on drating around February 27th-slow message board draft.

Go check out last year's rules thread for an idea of how things were run- we are planning on tweaking a few things-especially the way waivers are handled since last year there were way too many add/drops going on

$150 entry fee covers the whole year with 4 cash prizes being distributed....