[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Techies? Help!

darin3

Yet another computer question. I have the unfortunate experience of having to run Internet Explorer (see my posts re: Firefox) on my main machine at home. I delete my cookies, cache and clear history. But when I type a letter up in the address bar, it still brings up a few once-browsed pages.

How the heck can I FULLY clear that crap out?

Do I have adware? Spyware? Virus? I'm running a full system scan now, but I doubt it'll find anything.

Please help... I have some... let's say "unsavory" sites that I don't want my girlfriend knowing about. :D

i think it's just "clear history" under internet options

1317368[/snapback]

Yeah I've done that. It does clear out the sites in the "drop down" menu. But when I start typing a site in the box, it comes up with a bunch of sites that start with the same letter. :D

Yeah I've done that.  It does clear out the sites in the "drop down" menu.  But when I start typing a site in the box, it comes up with a bunch of sites that start with the same letter.  :D

1317370[/snapback]

is that "autocomplete"? you can turn that option off in preferences.

And just so y'all know...you can get a nifty little program called IE Privacy Keeper that will clean up your history, temporary files, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Works with Firefox as well.

IE Privacy Keeper

It will also clean up the extra files programs such as Word/Excel, etc. keep in cache, you name it...it cleans it. Even your prefetch folders...

is that "autocomplete"? you can turn that option off in preferences.

1317374[/snapback]

If you're using Windows XP click on "tools". Select "internet options". Select "content". Then select "auto complete" followed by "clear froms". You can clear passwords too, but it's a major pain trying to remember them all (I.E. Huddle, E-Bay, and whatever else you use a password for). Hope that does it for you darin!

If you're using Windows XP click on "tools". Select "internet options". Select "content". Then select "auto complete" followed by "clear froms". You can clear passwords too, but it's a major pain trying to remember them all (I.E. Huddle, E-Bay, and whatever else you use a password for). Hope that does it for you darin!

1317468[/snapback]

Yup that's what it was. Thanks montster & everyone else... IE is soooo lame. :D