[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indiana

CaptainHook

:D IU plays like A$$ all night and pulls out a win on a loose ball three pointer.

Davis extends his regime for one more game.

1374408[/snapback]

That d@mn guard from SD State should have picked up the ball with 13 seconds left. The idiot thought it was an 'over and back'. Cost me 12 points in my bracket :D

1374408[/snapback]

As I've heard noted elsewhere, and I noticed it in the OSU game I watched, Mike Davis has a smile on his face, and doesn't look like the meanest man in the world now that he's out of a job.

I hope he takes this team far and the Hoosiers get it stuck to them when he's gone.

:D IU plays like A$$ all night and pulls out a win on a loose ball three pointer.

1374408[/snapback]

Pretty good summary I would say. IU had no business winning that game but I will say that Calloway played a very nice 2nd half.

Who watched the LSU game? How did they turn it around in the 2nd half? We got the first half here but then they switched to the Indiana game.

Pretty good summary I would say.  IU had no business winning that game but I will say that Calloway played a very nice 2nd half.

Who watched the LSU game?  How did they turn it around in the 2nd half? We got the first half here but then they switched to the Indiana game.

1374577[/snapback]

LSU went to a zone defense (I believe a 2-1-2) that confused the HELL out of Iona...that was pretty much all she wrote.

I like Indiana's chances against Gonzaga :D

The second round game was funnier. IU chucked 36 three pointers in the game and ran nothing that resembled an actual offense for the entire game. Hideous coaching. And there best two players, Killingsworth and Vaden are out of shape. Good riddance Davis. You suck.

Steve Alford anyone?

Steve Alford anyone?

1379267[/snapback]

Iowa got beat by Northwestern St.. What makes you think he's a better coach than Davis? At least Indiana played with a little heart this week.

More than can be said for every other Big 10 team.

Indiana won their first game because San Diego St. must have the dumbest players that ever played in the NCAA Tourney.

They did nothing different than the rest of the pansy-ass Big 10 teams did in the tournament...settle for outside shots.

:D SOFT!!!

The second round game was funnier.  IU chucked 36 three pointers in the game and ran nothing that resembled an actual offense for the entire game.  Hideous coaching.  And there best two players, Killingsworth and Vaden are out of shape.  Good riddance Davis.  You suck.

Steve Alford anyone?

1379267[/snapback]

I'd take Davis over Alford any day. At least Davis has taken his team to a championship game.

I'd take Davis over Alford any day.  At least Davis has taken his team to a championship game.

1380153[/snapback]

He11 no, Davis is garbage- Alford can coach, especially with the better talent he could attract at IU. Reaching the title game was a fluke. Anything Ind ever did well under Davis was from the players. Davis is a horrible game coach- and you can tell by the SDSU/Gonzaga games. He may be on the way out- but his teams is so undisciplined it is brutal. Davis blows- and I highly doubt you will see him at a another top D1 school.

Iowa got beat by Northwestern St.. What makes you think he's a better coach than Davis? At least Indiana played with a little heart this week.

More than can be said for every other Big 10 team.

1379446[/snapback]

Alford would be able to recruit players from Indiana. Since Knight left, the top players have been heading to other programs. Nothing is worse than watching Sean May play for North Carolina and Josh McRoberts playing for Duke. Those are Indiana boys who should be staying at a top flight program in Indiana. Not to mention that next year, the best high school player in the nation, Greg Oden, and the top point guard in the nation, Mike Conley, are headed to Ohio State. They play for Lawrence North here in Indy, which is less than 5 miles from my house. Would Alford be able to get them all? Probably not. But it's better than not getting any of them. Davis could recruit Alabama, his home state, but that's about it. And once he got them to Bloomington, their games don't improve. That speaks to his coaching.

I'd take Davis over Alford any day.  At least Davis has taken his team to a championship game.

1380153[/snapback]

Davis took Knight's players to the title game with Dane Fife, a senior, calling the plays. Davis did nothing.

Thad Matta is the best choice, but with OSU getting only probation from the NCAA and the top recruiting class in the nation on their way in, he ain't leaving. Even if he has called Indiana his "dream job" in the past.

Edited by CaptainHook