[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you pop the question ?

whomper

but this drunk ahole was screaming his face off just at the bottom of the hill we were sitting on.  i yelled "shut up whomper!" a few times but it didn't work.  (ok, i didn't yell, but the guy was real.)  anyway this yahoo pretty much ruined the mood so i held off.....

1416567[/snapback]

:D

My girlfriend at the time, now wife and I were moving into an apt together, and during moving in furniture and such she mentioned to her best friend that it had been 7 weeks since her last.....you know. I was like huh you told me when you were a couple weeks late and never mentioned it again so I assumed we were in the clear. She said no, and she was trying to block it out. Well her best friend being the sex machine she is said well I have 5 pregnancy tests at home so let's go find out for sure. Of course I knew what the outcome was going to be. They said if I smoked a lot of seeds that I would be sterile :D

So she comes back a while later and says well we're pregnant. She was pretty bummed over the next few weeks being only 19 at the time and knowing darn well that it was going to affect our young still partying lives. I was just kinda in shock really. We had been together for 3 years already and I knew I would eventually pop the question, but I wanted it to be special. So we told herr parents about it and they were cool with it. At that point I wasn't going to ask for their blessing, i mean I was banging their daughter already so.......

I go pick out a ring that I can afford, cause really the ring doesn't matter and I didn't have a lot of money at the time. I figured I'd get her a better one on our 5th anniverrsary or something, and no it wasn't fake or cheap, just not the knock your socks off kinda ring. She's all bummed out and depressed and sucks cause i wanted it to be special, but I walked up to her while she was sulking and said you know everythings gonna be alright, I love you very much that much will never change, pulled out the ring and asked her to marry me and yes she said yes.

I was much more romantic for the 5 year anniversary and she got another ring. 7 years of happy marriage and 2 wonderful boys. Maybe someday you'll all get to see the cans :D

For my current girlfriend/fiancee-to-be/wifey-to-be, I think I'm gonna take her out to the Newport Beach pier, where we had gone on one of our first dates and saw a sea lion.  I think that was the first place we had a non-peck kiss, too.  :D

Will letchy'all know how it goes.

1416188[/snapback]

I spent a lot of time fishing on that pier and the Aliso Beach pier in South Laguna before it closed. :D

Nothing terribly romantic. I let her pick out the ring, so that was no surprise. And we had agreed well in advance that *if* we were going to move to Texas, and she was going to pay all the bills while I was in law school, we might as well just go ahead and get married. We were already very committed, so the ceremony was little more than a formality. I litterally popped the question on a study break, while she was doing dishes, because I was worried about losing the ring if I waited.

Edited by yo mama

I used every last grain of romantic firepower I've ever had (or ever will have).

I wrote her a long poem and read it to her on my knee, in front of a roaring fire, gave her the ring and a couple dozen roses.

She still brags about how romantic it was until she remembers I never do stuff like that anymore. :D

I put a POEM(quoted below) in a BOTTLE that was sealed with a cork and had it so that we would find it on our normal sunday walk on the beach(I buried the bottle in the sand dune with a red scarf tied around it and just a bit of the red hanging out in the sand), I brought our camera and tripod and told here i wanted to take some pics of us on the beach, ...i told her to stand there while i adjusted the tripod.....

then i said there is something red in the sand in the frame can you move it...at this point i put the camera on record(could do small little movies)...she took the red material pulled it out and FLUNG IT ABOUT 20 feet as she did that she realized it was a bottle and noticed a note in it...i was like what is it and as she opened the bottle i was there to read it with her with the ring in hand on one knee

and i asked her parents for their blessing first

From the Sun to the Moon

and The Sand to the Stars

From Mercury to Venus

and Earth to Mars

Like the sparkles of the stars

On a Moon lit night

It is you that I will Love

For the rest of my life

SPOKEN: WILL YOU MARRY ME

oh and i did it on 04/04/04

Edited by keggerz

we had lived together for a couple years, one night at our favorite steak house for some reason i said wanna get married and she said sure our parents would probably like that, then i said are you going to get your salad before or after she said before.....that's all it was....... :D

My girlfriend (now wife of 20 years) was a volunteer at the voter precinct at City Hall. I told her I'd swing by McDonald's and pick up a Big Mac for her lunch. I took an engagement ring I bought her, and placed it on top of her sammich. When she opened the Big Mac box ... there it was. Seemed romantic at the time.

ok ... so we picked out our rings together so she knew it would be sometime, but the suprise held up.

i set up the spotlight so it would shine down on the two stools i had sitting in the empty sanctuary of the church we went to. stopped by that light and made some lame excuse of getting her to go inside. had my guitar there and asked her to sit down so ... proceeded to sing a song i wrote about her and it ended with the question being popped. had a friend up by the spotlight so we even got it on video although the audio didn't turn out the best ... which for the listeners is probably a good thing :D