[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can someone explain

MojoMan

See related linky.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12277578/

I am the first to admit that I am a real dumb dumb with regard to most international affairs.  So, maybe there's a really simple explanation here.

The United States, ex-Soviet Union, China, France, England, India, and Pakistan (at a minimum) have nukes.  I don't know if we've stopped making them but I kinda doubt it.

1416973[/snapback]

You left Isreal off of the list. Either they have nukes, or have been running the most masterful misinformation campaign ever.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as any war between the US and China stays on the open seas or the islands around China we will be okay.  If somehow they managed to put troops on our soil it will be hell.

Though I'm sure every red blooded american would be putting sand bags on their front pourch and dusting off the old shot gun.

Heh...just imagine china invading South Centeral LA.  The Bloods, the Crips and MS-13 would hold them off for months.

1417174[/snapback]

There is no way the Chinese would have much success on our soil. Like you said, every red blooded american would put up a fight. F'n commies.

We have and do operate with a higher level of respect for human life than any other country, save our western allies. 

1417106[/snapback]

Native Americans might disagree with that. That had what we wanted, we had a bigger stick, and we took it. Sometimes I think it might have been more humane to assimilate those that would, and kill the rest. However, what we did was to tell them what they want to hear right then, so they would do what we wanted. This allowed some of us to tell ourselves that we dealt with the issue humanly, when the fact is that we lied, stole, violated treaties and killed them, until we had 99% of what we wanted.

Until 1865 it was legal to own another human being in this country, and do with them what every you wanted.

There have been many different periods of time in this country, in many different places, where a person from one group could openly kill a person from another group, and not have to worry about any interference from the law.

In the 1930s, during the depression, there were incidents where people that were Hispanic, or at least looked Hispanic, were round up and sent to Mexico. Virtually nothing was done to determine if they were US citizens or not, or if they were even from Mexico.

In the 1940s we rounded up people of oriental descent, and put them in concentration camps. We did not do this to Germans or Italians. I guess it would have been too difficult to determine who the Germans or Italians were.

We are still the only nation to use a nuclear weapon, we did it twice. How many women and children do you figure we killed for every combatant we killed?

Fire Bombing of Dresden probably killed 30,000 in a two day period. In all, around 400,000 German civilians were killed by allied bombing. Why Dresden? Dresden was on the East side of Germany, we did it to support our Russian Allies as they advanced on Germany. These same Russian Allies, used the fire bombing of Dresden extensively in propaganda in Soviet Occupied East Germany.

There is evidence to support the fact that the incident that kicked off the Vietnam War was totally contrived by the US. At the least our response was blown way out of proportion, because it is what we wanted to do.

Are we the worst country in the world? No, far from it.

Were some of the actions above the lesser of two evils? Most likely.

However, I think it is very dangerous and naive, when we American do what we want, and justify it by thinking we are somehow intrinsically better than everyone else. We as American have certain acted like we believe that one American life is worth as much as significantly more none American lifes.

However, I think it is very dangerous and naive, when we American do what we want, and justify it by thinking we are somehow intrinsically better than everyone else.  We as American have certain acted like we believe that one American life is worth as much as significantly more none American lifes.

1417234[/snapback]

:D

Native Americans might disagree with that.  That had what we wanted, we had a bigger stick, and we took it.  Sometimes I think it might have been more humane to assimilate those that would, and kill the rest.  However, what we did was to tell them what they want to hear right then, so they would do what we wanted.  This allowed some of us to tell ourselves that we dealt with the issue humanly, when the fact is that we lied, stole, violated treaties and killed them, until we had 99% of what we wanted.

Until 1865 it was legal to own another human being in this country, and do with them what every you wanted.

There have been many different periods of time in this country, in many different places, where a person from one group could openly kill a person from another group, and not have to worry about any interference from the law.

In the 1930s, during the depression, there were incidents where people that were Hispanic, or at least looked Hispanic, were round up and sent to Mexico.  Virtually nothing was done to determine if they were US citizens or not, or if they were even from Mexico.

In the 1940s we rounded up people of oriental descent, and put them in concentration camps.  We did not do this to Germans or Italians.  I guess it would have been too difficult to determine who the Germans or Italians were.

We are still the only nation to use a nuclear weapon, we did it twice.  How many women and children do you figure we killed for every combatant we killed?

Fire Bombing of Dresden probably killed 30,000 in a two day period.  In all, around 400,000 German civilians were killed by allied bombing.  Why Dresden?  Dresden was on the East side of Germany, we did it to support our Russian Allies as they advanced on Germany.  These same Russian Allies, used the fire bombing of Dresden extensively in propaganda in Soviet Occupied East Germany.

There is evidence to support the fact that the incident that kicked off the Vietnam War was totally contrived by the US.  At the least our response was blown way out of proportion, because it is what we wanted to do.

Are we the worst country in the world?  No, far from it.

Were some of the actions above the lesser of two evils?  Most likely.

However, I think it is very dangerous and naive, when we American do what we want, and justify it by thinking we are somehow intrinsically better than everyone else.  We as American have certain acted like we believe that one American life is worth as much as significantly more none American lifes.

1417234[/snapback]

Dude - aren't you a recovering Republican? No wonder you can't tolerate those Kate Middletons!

Indians had bows we had guns...

Same with China our weapons outrank theirs.

Their #s arent so strong to overcome that. We take out enough of their ships they cant come here.

Our only real threats are currently our allies.

Now if we go THERE different ballgame. But dont tell me China can conquer USA.

Indians had bows we had guns...

Same with China our weapons outrank theirs.

Their #s arent so strong to overcome that. We take out enough of their ships they cant come here. 

Our only real threats are currently our allies.

Now if we go THERE different ballgame. But dont tell me China can conquer USA.

1417307[/snapback]

aye, seems that no matter the invader, many would lose lives. I say we just exploit the crap out of them by selling them stuff they want but don't need. Let's see if we can make them into our little pet materialists!

aye, seems that no matter the invader, many would lose lives. I say we just exploit the crap out of them by selling them stuff they want but don't need. Let's see if we can make them into our little pet materialists!

1417342[/snapback]

Unfortunately thats what they did to us... our trade deficit is huge.

Lets jus throw our expensive bombs somewhere....and have cnn tape it.

China could kick our ass tomorrow if they demanded their loans back. They woudln't have to fire a shot.

As for Iran , there's no good reason to allow them the ability to create a nuke because our forces (in Iraq) would be their most likely target.

China could kick our ass tomorrow if they demanded their loans back. They woudln't have to fire a shot.

As for Iran , there's no good reason to allow them the ability to create a nuke because our forces (in Iraq) would be their most likely target.

1417364[/snapback]

China would go down in the fireball as well. The whole world would. The beauty of a world economy... especially since the US economy is the heart and soul of the thing.

1417364[/snapback]

Actually, first target would probably be Israel. I have salesman working here with me that came here from Afghanistan and he says if Iran makes this stuff they will use it on Isreal first then US. He is very knowledgeable since he was a government official in Afgahanistan. Crazy fatherless male was shot 27 times in the leg by the Russians when they invaded in the 70's.

Actually, first target would probably be Israel.  I have salesman working here with me that came here from Afghanistan and he says if Iran makes this stuff they will use it on Isreal first then US.  He is very knowledgeable since he was a government official in Afgahanistan.  Crazy fatherless male was shot 27 times in the leg by the Russians when they invaded in the 70's.

1417418[/snapback]

I find that hard to believe, through the simple fact that a delivery system for a prototype nuke or basic nuke they build won't exist to get it to Israel: they probably don't possess a missile to carry it there (they need something FAR better than a scud) and a bomber would be shot down before it got halfway through iraq.

IMO, the most logical target are US forces in iraq, which can be hit by a pickup truck carrying the durn thing. It would even have to get that close to a base to do the damage. Also, that yould make it more difficult to track in terms of it's origins (since there won't be any evidence left) which would create an denourmous debate over where it actually came from and provide them limited deniability.

my sentiment exactly. The only problem is that we do and that is not likely to change.

1417064[/snapback]

Yes but we are making more while wanting everyone else not to. W don't threaten countries that have them like North Korea.

The Iranians want to confront us but they may also want nuclear power. With it they can sell more oil and make more money.

Yes but we are making more while wanting everyone else not to. W don't threaten countries that have them like North Korea.

The Iranians want to confront us but they may also want nuclear power. With it they can sell more oil and make more money.

1417462[/snapback]

Are we making more?

1417364[/snapback]

Why would anyone be thier first target? Every other country that has nukes, has managed to not use them, well all bout one.

Dude - aren't you a recovering Republican?  No wonder you can't tolerate those Kate Middletons!

1417296[/snapback]

I was an ecomomic republican and a social democrat, well until I figured out the ecomomic part for the Republicans is a big lie. Then I just decided f em all.

See related linky.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12277578/

I am the first to admit that I am a real dumb dumb with regard to most international affairs.  So, maybe there's a really simple explanation here.

The United States, ex-Soviet Union, China, France, England, India, and Pakistan (at a minimum) have nukes.  I don't know if we've stopped making them but I kinda doubt it.

I believe that the nukes are for national defense.  Nobody told us we have to stop making and improving our nukes during the Cold War.

So, why is it that other countries (even though they're bad persons) like N. Korea and Iraq are not allowed to make nukes to provide for their own defense?

I do not support those Chers making nukes.  But, since the G8 countries always have to "play fair" how is this fair?

1416973[/snapback]

when it comes to the playground, playing fair matters. when it comes to nukes and war, screw whats fair, i want every advantage i can get !!!!!