[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 game 7's tonight

BigMikeinNY

Spurs-Mavs at 8pm and Clipps-Suns at 10:30

I don't remember an NBA playoffs as exciting as this one in the past decade. Hopefully I can stay awake for both games. I really think both road dogs are going to win tonight. Lets go Mavs and Clipps

Edited by BigMikeinNY

Mark Cuban and Sarge are going to have a freakin' coronary. Spurs up by 3. First lead of the game. Mavs getting totally jobbed.

Edits:

Nowitzki! And ein! Nice!

This is gonna come down to the buzzer....

OT baby! And wow, what a shock, Duncan is crying. I am starting to hate the Spurs more and more.

Stack with a hugh shot on the baseline. But Duncan comes back. Minute or so left, Dallas needs a bucket. Duncan with 41. Amazing game.

Diop going to the line... not a great FT shooter... misses first... makes 2nd. Not looking too good for the Spurs...

Ack, bad foul by the Mavs... 1 shot and the ball. That could be hugh in a 5-point game. Now 4-point game. A 3 here would be hugh.

OK why am I typing all this crap? :D

6-point game with 16 seconds left. Looks like the Mavs will survive Duncan's whining and the refs' unbalanced officiating.

Mavs win. Cuban and Sarge breathe a sigh of relief. Now, time to watch MY Clips pull off the 2nd upset of the night!

Edited by darin3

Unreal game- Mavs had to play incredible ball to overcome the SA 7th game homecourt advantage. Great series, Dirk stepped up huge- that 3 point play to tie near end of regulation it was a superstar play. Am officially on the Mavs bandwagon and hope they can win it all.

Dirk stepped up huge- that 3 point play to tie near end of regulation it was a superstar play.

1482335[/snapback]

No, it was a complete bonehead play by Ginobili. If they let Dallas score there, the Mavs would have to foul and they'd be chasing the game from that point. Alternatively, they should have fouled Nowitski before he shaped to shoot, so just 2FTs.

This wasn't Nowitzki winning it, this was Ginobili losing it.

No, it was a complete bonehead play by Ginobili.  If they let Dallas score there, the Mavs would have to foul and they'd be chasing the game from that point.  Alternatively, they should have fouled Nowitski before he shaped to shoot, so just 2FTs. 

1482395[/snapback]

Puhleeze

If this was an evenly officiated game, dallas blows them out by 20. It should have never been that close. You can also thank David Stern for even going 7 games.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Puhleeze

If this was an evenly officiated game, dallas blows them out by 20. It should have never been that close. You can also thank David Stern for even going 7 games.

1482426[/snapback]

:D I ... :D agree .... :D ... with :D ... Sarge

And to that end, the 3+ day layoff so the MVP could rest his tired legs is complete BS, too. Now the Suns are running the Clips out of the building. If the NBA hadn't put in the lame-ass schedule (this game should have been either Saturday night or a Sunday matinee), the Clips would have most likely won. Game's not over yet, but the way the Suns are playing right now, it's gonna be a 20+ point win.

Mavs/Suns, yet again. Should be interesting; games well into the 100s for each team. And in the LEast, the Heat/Peestons with their 65-60 barnburners. :D

I predicted it right before the playoffs: Mavs will get past Suns in 6. Pistons past the Heat in 6. Mavs will beat Peestons in 7. Maybe that'll shut Mark Cuban up for awhile. :D Not bloody likely.

Puhleeze

1482426[/snapback]

I'm not disputing the officiating, I'm saying that having got to 104-101, to foul Nowitzki as he was scoring was a bonehead play. That's all.

No, it was a complete bonehead play by Ginobili.  If they let Dallas score there, the Mavs would have to foul and they'd be chasing the game from that point.  Alternatively, they should have fouled Nowitski before he shaped to shoot, so just 2FTs. 

1482395[/snapback]

:D I know this is mainly a football board - but WHAAAAAAAATTT???

You don't want to foul there, obviously- Nobody wants to foul there- but the reality is Dirk mad a nice move to the rack, got by Bowen and forced the D to make a play. Period- No one on the Spurs can guard him, and he made a play to tie the game, which was the play of the game....... that very few guys can make- Give him credit.

LOL- at Ginobli losing it- as much as I hate Manu's flopping- the guy plays his heart out, and at thhat point made the 3 to put them up-. Manu didn't lose anything- gimme a break. Dirk made an excellent move- end of story.

:D  I know this is mainly a football board - but WHAAAAAAAATTT???

You don't want to foul there, obviously- Nobody wants to foul there- but the reality is Dirk mad a nice move to the rack, got by Bowen and forced the D to make a play. Period- No one on the Spurs can guard him, and he made a play to tie the game, which was the play of the game....... that very few guys can make- Give him credit.

LOL- at Ginobli losing it- as much as I hate Manu's flopping- the guy plays his heart out, and at thhat point made the 3 to put them up-. Manu didn't lose anything- gimme a break.  Dirk made an excellent move- end of story.

1482510[/snapback]

Jeez, I'm not disputing Nowitzki's move, nor am I disputing the officiating but it seems to me the right move would be to avoid the foul at all costs, which would then leave the Spurs a point ahead, with the ball and no shot clock, so the Mavs would be forced to foul. A three point play at that juncture was the worst possible result for the Spurs (especially with an automatic FT guy). Alternatively, the Spurs should have fouled him prior to the shot.

I hear ya Major- and agree- it was not the smartest play, was the worst possible outcome on the possession- but Ginobli didn't lose the game, I think it was just a great drive, and Dirk being aggresive.. To foul or not to foul is costing teams games lately- I wouldn't be surprised to see teams fouling every time up by 3 with less the 20 ticks on the clock. I mean the LAClips?? wow, they foul before Bell even has a chance to attempt that 3 in the corner- they are moving on the Western Conference Finals.

I think the Mavs take out Phoenix in 6 - too many weapons.

Dirk stepped up huge- that 3 point play to tie near end of regulation it was a superstar play.

1482335[/snapback]

I'll chime in real quick, just to reiterate that it was a gigantic error of colossal proportions, not a superstar play. Good move by Nowitzki or not, an uncontested shot doesn't take awau the lead. Fouling a guy in that situation? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

The Mavericks gave the Spurs so many opportunities to win this series, that I was actually surprised they hung on during the OT. Here's to Dallas handing it to the fraudulant Suns, but I'm afraid the Western Conference is not going to be producing the champ this season.

First thing is Dallas should have won in game 6, and JT getting suspended was weak, though it is acccordance to the letter of the law so to say. Personally I' d rather be punched in the nads than someone grabbing them and pulling.

Second, I agree with Ursa, that was a dumb foul ant Manu gave. That being said I can see the Mavs winning by 10 if the officiating wasn't so one sided. You couldn't blow on golden boy Ducan with out getting a foul called.

Third, the Mavs easily beat the Suns in 4. With out Amare' the Suns don't have a chance. If Stoudemire was playing this would be another nail biter of a series, whithout them him the Mavs win the series easily.

Finally, this is the Mavs year. There is nobody in the East that can hang with the Spurs or the Mavs. We watched the NBA Championship last night.

Now if the Strangers can just win the World Series.

The Mavericks gave the Spurs so many opportunities to win this series, that I was actually surprised they hung on during the OT. Here's to Dallas handing it to the fraudulant Suns, but I'm afraid the Western Conference is not going to be producing the champ this season.

1483086[/snapback]

i don't see how you can call them fraudulent. overachieving, maybe. phoenix won the west by 7 games and beat two good LA teams, all without amare stoudemire. you act as if it's george mason in the final four.

and yes, i'm a suns homer. :D

i don't see how you can call them fraudulent. overachieving, maybe. phoenix won the west by 7 games and beat two good LA teams, all without amare stoudemire. you act as if it's george mason in the final four.

and yes, i'm a suns homer.  :D

1483448[/snapback]

Alright the Suns may not be fraudulent, but the fact that the NBA gave them a full 3 days' rest so the MVP could be ready to go is complete BS. No link, and don't have the time/desire to look this up, but I don't think the NBA usually gives breaks that long. Especially over a weekend. A Sunday matinee game there would have been the logical choice for day/time. I call complete and utter BS.

I hear ya Major- and agree- it was not the smartest play, was the worst possible outcome on the possession- but Ginobli didn't lose the game, I think it was just a great drive, and Dirk being aggresive.. To foul or not to foul is costing teams games lately- I wouldn't be surprised to see teams fouling every time up by 3 with less the 20 ticks on the clock. I mean the LAClips?? wow, they foul before Bell even has a chance to attempt that 3 in the corner- they are moving on the Western Conference Finals.

I think the Mavs take out Phoenix in 6 - too many weapons.

1482858[/snapback]

I guess I should say just to be clear that Ginobili didn't "lose" the game per se - after all, it was his 3 that gave the Spurs the lead and he played very well. But it wasn't the smartest move to foul Nowitzki in that situation. That's really all I meant.

Edit: Oh, and FWIW, both Mrs UM (big NBA fan) and me agree that the Mavs are going to the title game where they will play Detroit. Detroit is the only team with a hope in hell of stopping the Mavs, IMO.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Alright the Suns may not be fraudulent, but the fact that the NBA gave them a full 3 days' rest so the MVP could be ready to go is complete BS.  No link, and don't have the time/desire to look this up, but I don't think the NBA usually gives breaks that long.  Especially over a weekend.  A Sunday matinee game there would have been the logical choice for day/time.  I call complete and utter BS.

1483467[/snapback]

i'm on the record as agreeing that the nba playoff schedule is completely f'ed (i started a thread about it further down in this forum). i have no idea why, if my team plays on a thursday night, i then have to wait till monday to watch them again. however, i don't think the suns got favorable treatment (if that's what you're implying by saying nash had time to rest) -- there was only one game the entire weekend (only other game scheduled was heat/nets, which was already over).

i don't have time to look it up, either, but i can remember nba playoff series where the teams played sunday, wednesday and sunday -- it's one of the reasons i only watch the nba playoffs if my team's in the hunt. the nba stretches it out to the point of absurdity. look at last night: you had two game 7's, one of which ended at about 1:10 am EDT (don't get me started on the suns/clippers 2OT that ended at 2:15 am). does the nba really think it's preferable to have a game 7 end when half the country is in bed, rather than, say, on a saturday afternoon, when everyone can watch it? is the nba really that afraid of the preakness stakes?

i'm on the record as agreeing that the nba playoff schedule is completely f'ed (i started a thread about it further down in this forum). i have no idea why, if my team plays on a thursday night, i then have to wait till monday to watch them again. however, i don't think the suns got favorable treatment (if that's what you're implying by saying nash had time to rest) -- there was only one game the entire weekend (only other game scheduled was heat/nets, which was already over).

i don't have time to look it up, either, but i can remember nba playoff series where the teams played sunday, wednesday and sunday -- it's one of the reasons i only watch the nba playoffs if my team's in the hunt. the nba stretches it out to the point of absurdity. look at last night: you had two game 7's, one of which ended at about 1:10 am EDT (don't get me started on the suns/clippers 2OT that ended at 2:15 am). does the nba really think it's preferable to have a game 7 end when half the country is in bed, rather than, say, on a saturday afternoon, when everyone can watch it? is the nba really that afraid of the preakness stakes?

1483547[/snapback]

huh.. i guess my memory isn't what it used to be... either way, worked out well for the suns..

:D

and yes, i'm a suns homer.  :D

1483448[/snapback]

No, they beat two teams in 7 that Dallas would have dispatched in 5.

The Suns are possibly the greatest offensive team in the last 20 years, but they aren't a complete team, and frankly, I keep waiting for someone to pop the bubble. Should happen this series, but frankly, Dallas doesn't have the killer instinct thing going I like to see this time of year. I'm not sure anyone but Miami has that going for them right now.

Alright the Suns may not be fraudulent, but the fact that the NBA gave them a full 3 days' rest so the MVP could be ready to go is complete BS.  No link, and don't have the time/desire to look this up, but I don't think the NBA usually gives breaks that long.  Especially over a weekend.  A Sunday matinee game there would have been the logical choice for day/time.  I call complete and utter BS.

1483467[/snapback]

There was a three day break between Game 2 and Game 3 of the Spurs/Mavs series. Game 2 was Tuesday, May 9th and Game 3 was Saturday, May 13. So, I while I agree it was fortuitous for the Suns to have that break when they did... the other Western Conference series had the same kind of quirk. It makes no sense though, I'll admit.

There was a three day break between Game 2 and Game 3 of the Spurs/Mavs series.  Game 2 was Tuesday, May 9th and Game 3 was Saturday, May 13.  So, I while I agree it was fortuitous for the Suns to have that break when they did... the other Western Conference series had the same kind of quirk.  It makes no sense though, I'll admit.

1485593[/snapback]

See now that weekday-to-weekend break makes some sense. But completely skipping the weekend (in the case of the break from Game 6 to Game 7) makes no sense to me.

While this Suns/Mavs series is gonna be awesome, I really would have loved to see the Clips face the Mavs. :D