[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WORLD CUP--FANTASY GAME

wiegie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per the wiege rule, here's my roster. I haven't touched it since first starting it. If I had, I'd have more than 4.5 points. :D :D :D

GK LEHMANN Jens GER

D MARQUEZ Rafael MEX

D LUCIO BRA

D GALLAS William FRA

M RONALDINHO BRA

M KAKA BRA

M DONOVAN Landon USA

M BECKHAM David ENG

F MESSI Lionel ARG

F MC BRIDE Brian USA

F ZURAWSKI Maciej POL

Since some teams (popeflick) are not following Wiegie's rules, we can't use the Yahoo! site for keeping score.

popeflick also neglected to post his starting lineup in this thread, compounding the issue.

Sorry - didn't catch the "wiegie version" simply went over to the site, signed up and went by the sites' rules.

I was wondering what was gong on.....

If booting off The Huddle Group fixes things for you guys, go right ahead.

Edited by Pope Flick

That is correct. Each team should only have 11 players on its entire roster. Although, if he did pick bench player sjust for fun, nothing is hurt as long as he doesn't put any of them in the lineup.

Oh yeah, I picked bench players as I was going by Yahoo rules. I hadn't noticed wiegie's rules, but I haven't changed my roster from the beginning. I figured as long as I had a starting lineup in I was good to go...

oh, its a long way to go I know...the biggest factor will be who has guys that continue through the tourney

This is why I stacked myself with Germans and Brazilians. :D

In retrospect, I should have taken Klose over the German keeper.

Edited by darin3

I picked a full team also a couple days before the cutoff to start players. I locked in 11 and posted them here and haven't moved anybody around since and won't either. Should i drop my unused guys or are you guys cool with the honor system?

I'd say if you have to cheat at a game that has no winning prize I'd be worried...

So today in the office we had the Brazil game on and i gotta say it was pretty cool. That was the first match I've ever watched. I never thought a 1-0 game would be worth watching but it kept me interested. If it wasn't for this silly fantasy thing, I'd never know what the hell "Kaká" was :D

So much for the big guns of Brazil.

No reason to pull out the stops until the 2nd round.... they just coast (practice on the fundamentals as it were) until then. :D

Don't think we will see Renaldo again though. Something is physically wrong with him I am thinking.