[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Domanick Davis - ongoing knee problems Part Deux

Big Score 1

Did the Texans make the right decision passing on Bush?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing Dom's knee issues, should the Texans have taken Bush?

• Yes, they should've taken Bush. Dom's knee was a known issue.
    • Yes, they should've taken Bush.Regardless of Dom's knee, a talent like Bush only comes around every so often.
    • No, they don't need Bush. Much ado about nothing, Dom's knee will be fine.
    • No, they don't need Bush. They have quality depth behind Dom if he can't go
    • No, they don't need Bush. They can always dial 1 800 needaRB and get Bennett from the Saints.
    • There are too many options in this Poll. I can't decide!

June 13, 2006, 2:30AM

By MEGAN MANFULL

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Davis' knee not cooperating

Despite coach Gary Kubiak's hope that running back Domanick Davis would participate in minicamp, Davis' left knee didn't allow it. Kubiak said the next month will be important for Davis and Travis Johnson, who has a calf strain.

"When (Davis) went through a couple of the walk throughs (last week), his knee did swell up on him a little bit," Kubiak said. "It's not important right now that he's ready to play today, so we'll be smart with him.

"We know where Domanick stands and where Travis stands. They have a lot of work, more so than their teammates in the next month to get them ready to play."

chron.com

First off, let me :D this reporters name. All female sports scribes, can only hope to be so aptly named.

I had an earlier thread on this subject, when it came up that Dom was unable to go in the first round of OTA's. Unfortunately it got locked as the testosterone got pretty thick, when Captain Hook & Menudo got into an epic pee'ing match and lots of other Huddlers piled on. Twas a great Donnybrook.

Here is the old thread if you're interested.

Domanick Davis - ongoing knee problems, Maybe the Texans shoulda taken Bush?

At the time of the initial thread, the consensus seemed to be that it wasn't that big of a deal.

Now, nearly a month later, we find out that Dom isn't able to make it through the second set of OTA's and the simple walk throughs, without swelling to his knee. An already long re-hab from December's exploratory arthroscopic surgery, is now stretching beyond the predicted time frame. What the actual injury to Dom's knee was found to be after December's surgery, is being kept under tight wraps. The Texans ain't talking. We do know that back in 2000, he had surgery to repair a torn MCL.

To me, the fact that Texans are being so tight lipped as to what the actual damage was to Dom's knee, coupled with the fact that six months post surgery he's experiencing swelling to the knee in walk throughs and has now missed two projected return dates, is not a good sign!

They have their second round draft pick from last year, Vernand Morency, drafted Wali Lundy this year, signed undrafted rookie free agent RB Chris Taylor and made a FA acqusition of Antowain Smith.

Yet they are still looking for more depth, reportedly being intersted in trading for Michael Bennett. This is also, not a good sign!

Despite Kubiak downplaying Davis' knee for a second time, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Dom's knee injury, is not a bigger issue than we have been led to believe?

Do you think the Texans made a mistake on passing up the opportunity to draft Bush?

Or, is this much ado about nothing and Dom's knee will ultimately be fine?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about taking Bush....but they should have at least drafted a RB in another round..

Are you thinking that besides drafting Lundy in the 6th & signing undrafted rookie FA Chris Taylor, they should have drafted another RB?

Are you thinking that besides drafting Lundy in the 6th & signing undrafted rookie FA Chris Taylor, they should have drafted another RB?

instead of Lundy in the 6th.....I doubt he was drafted to make the team.....practice squad written all over the 6th round pick

I mean...someone at least in the 2nd or 3rd....

...something....unless they trade for C brown..

Do you think the Texans made a mistake on passing up the opportunity to draft Bush?

Still nope

Or, is this much ado about nothing and Dom's knee will ultimately be fine?

Still yep

I think DD has proven one thing.....

he's injury prone...

I won't draft a player that refuses to play hurt..

come week 10...everybody is hurt...one way or another..

he's a Rosie O'Donnell

Wrong !! not injury prone.... he has only had one injury,,, unfortunately it accored his first season and he is still nursing it :D

The Texans made their choice........let it go..... :D

Chill Menudo.

When you have a late 1st or early 2nd round RB having continuing knee problems beyond the projected recovery date, that's newsworthy.

The whole should they or shouldn't they have drafted Bush, is really secondary, but given the circumstances, it's a natural question.

If you really feel that you have to post but you don't have anything constructive offer in this thread, go start another Steelers thread. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

Chill Menudo.

When you have a late 1st or early 2nd round RB having continuing knee problems beyond the projected recovery date, that's newsworthy.

The whole should they or shouldn't they have drafted Bush, is really secondary.

yuup...the CCS is overrating him....

I wouldn't put someone near 1st round material with as many question marks as he has...

Another Opinion

If you look at what the Broncos offense did when Kubiak was their offensive coordinator, you can expect the Texans to run the ball about 75 times more than they pass in 2006. And since Domanick Davis ran for nearly 1,000 yards last year for a team that passed more than it ran, it's not out of the question to think that Kubiak's arrival in Houston could mean big fantasy numbers for Davis.

Chill Menudo.

The whole should they or shouldn't they have drafted Bush, is really secondary, but given the circumstances, it's a natural question.

If you really feel that you have to post but you don't have anything constructive offer in this thread, go start another Steelers thread. :D

Good points, I'm spending too much time here this week. I'm going to search out some good pron.....

How did you get to do a poll? I thought they ended except for the bosses.

Are you DMD's alter ego?

If you have javascript enabled, there will be an option for creating a poll in the area of starting a new topic.

Davis will be ready or you will see "sooner" than later another RB trade (poss. Bennett or T. Henry/C. Brown--take your pick)....IMO though Morency is quite capable of being an every down RB....what this does for any FF owner IMO is throw caution to the wind and send D.D. plummetting down the draft charts, which could make him a great value pick should he stay healthy....the more speculation the farther he falls...U like it...gives me a chance to get great tier position in WR or QB in round 2 and assure me of a great value following that..... :D:D:D:D:D:D

source: Megan Manfull, Houston Chronicle

Despite new HC Gary Kubiak's hope that RB Domanick Davis would participate in minicamp, Davis' left knee didn't allow it. Kubiak said the next month will be important for Davis because he is getting behind. "When he went through a couple of the walk throughs last week, his knee did swell up on him a little bit," Kubiak said. "It's not so important right now that he's ready to play today, so we'll be smart with him."

If you have javascript enabled, there will be an option for creating a poll in the area of starting a new topic.

I thought I did, but something must have blocked it recently.

No, not for me. It used to be there but not anymore.

Edited by Randall

I don't know about taking Bush....but they should have at least drafted a RB in another round..

They have Morency, who is in his 2nd year and who they were very high on last year (DD clone), as well as signing A. Smith.

Might be just me, but they seem to have enough depth at RB to not waste a draft pick in 2006 who probably wouldn't have seen any time this year anyway.