[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Domanick Davis - ongoing knee problems Part Deux

Big Score 1

Did the Texans make the right decision passing on Bush?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing Dom's knee issues, should the Texans have taken Bush?

• Yes, they should've taken Bush. Dom's knee was a known issue.
    • Yes, they should've taken Bush.Regardless of Dom's knee, a talent like Bush only comes around every so often.
    • No, they don't need Bush. Much ado about nothing, Dom's knee will be fine.
    • No, they don't need Bush. They have quality depth behind Dom if he can't go
    • No, they don't need Bush. They can always dial 1 800 needaRB and get Bennett from the Saints.
    • There are too many options in this Poll. I can't decide!

They have Morency, who is in his 2nd year and who they were very high on last year (DD clone), as well as signing A. Smith.

Might be just me, but they seem to have enough depth at RB to not waste a draft pick in 2006 who probably wouldn't have seen any time this year anyway.

they don't need another DD clone...they need a change of pace from him...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get to do a poll? I thought they ended except for the bosses.

Are you DMD's alter ego?

Everyone can still make a poll, it just looks different than it did before. Notice above the text box when you post a new thread it has a link to manage a poll.

they don't need another DD clone...they need a change of pace from him...

Not sure I agree with that comment at all.

DD, when healthy, is a Top 8 RB. Why do you need a change of pace when DD (or a clone) can put up Top 8 numbers in this offense?

No other Top 10 RB needs a change of pace RB at his side, and DD/clone doesn't either.

Not sure I agree with that comment at all.

DD, when healthy, is a Top 8 RB. Why do you need a change of pace when DD (or a clone) can put up Top 8 numbers in this offense?

No other Top 10 RB needs a change of pace RB at his side, and DD/clone doesn't either.

because he's not durable....

if Morency was as good or that much more durable...he would be starting

also..DD is not a top 10 back...

By all accounts going into last year, he was a Top 10 RB. He isn't this year b/c he is coming of surgery, and there are questions regarding his knee.

But that wasn't the point I was responding to. Rather, you said:

"they don't need another DD clone...they need a change of pace from him..."

I merely stated that they do NOT need a change of pace RB to relieve him. The pace at which DD operates is ideal for this offense, as shown by his ability to excel within it (when healthy). Further, this is why Houston drafted Morency in the first place...to have someone almost exactly like DD in case DD gets hurt.

If DD does indeed go down this year at some point, it will be Morency (with a year under his belt), not Wells of Smith, who replaces him.

:D

DD #7 in weekly average in 2005 for RBs. Got hurt.

#5 in weekly average in 2004 for RBs. # 5 in total points for RBs in 2004.

in 2003 he started 10 games and broke a 1000 yards Ru, had 8 RuTD and had 47 catches for 350 yards for 14th in RB scoring.

I don't see why the statement is so funny... :D

in 2003 he started 10 games and broke a 1000 yards Ru, had 8 RuTD and had 47 catches for 350 yards for 14th in RB scoring.

Captain Hook seems to really dislike Domanick Davis :D

OVER-RATED

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

DEs are more important in the NFL. If you don't get a consistent pass rush in the NFL, average QBs start beating ya. RB is one of the last puzzle pieces to go after. Do the Texan fans agree?

DD's knee is an issue though, so Texans might end up looking like asses for this year. It should pointed out that HOU plays IND twice every year, they NEEDED Mario Williams in the worst way. I don't blame them for this pick at all. Especially since DD is pretty good when healthy.

All I do is blame them for this pick. I will agree that as far as their needs go, RB isn't at the top. However, Mario is NOT Peppers. With that said, to pretty much sum up the draft.. there's Reggie Bush.. then there's everyone else.

Passing on Reggie is like passing on Michael Jordan.. something an organization will regret for a looong time.

Sooo, one good injury-free year does not make you a top 8 back. nope.

Not trying to start it up with you again, as there is no argument that Domanick Davis has been injury-prone, but, he did say that IF he remained healthy, he would be a top 8 back and you laughed at that statement.

Not trying to start it up with you again, as there is no argument that Domanick Davis has been injury-prone, but, he did say that IF he remained healthy, he would be a top 8 back and you laughed at that statement.

because it's laughable.

just because you can be explosive and put up numbers doesn't make you an elite back...

you have to be able to actually make people think you can finish a season...

I'm still baffled he went ahead Westy in the CCS....I had DD behind CTaylor.....

that's right...

I still am not sold on Houston not running a RBBC this year with Morency and Wells...

because it's laughable.

Odd that you are a paying member of this website, since he was ranked in the Top 10 here last season. I guess the Huddle and about 50 other prognosticators overrated him, and you are the genius, captainschmuck? :D

BTW, thanks for the insight to back up your claim....very enlightening.

Odd that you are a paying member of this website, since he was ranked in the Top 10 here last season. I guess the Huddle and about 50 other prognosticators overrated him, and you are the genius, captainschmuck? :D

BTW, thanks for the insight to back up your claim....very enlightening.

:D Okay..he didn't elaborate. Yet. Is that a reason to get hostile? :D

:D Okay..he didn't elaborate. Yet. Is that a reason to get hostile? :D

er, let's see...i post my opinion on a forum, back it up with facts and my reasoning behind my thoughts, and I get laughed at....twice...without him ever presenting his reasons for chuckling.

So to answer your question...um, yes, it is. :D

I still am not sold on Houston not running a RBBC this year with Morency and Wells...

I can 100% guarantee you, this will not happen. :D

his current knee problems cause me not to feel cozy about your 100% statement...

:D

Wells is no longer a Texan goofy.