[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Most Improved Ds?

Duchess Jack

Miami made some amazing moves bettering their secondary and remain just as stout in their front 7

Key arrivals —

LB Keith Newman

S -Deke Cooper

CB Will Allen

CB Renaldo Hill

CB André Goodman

LB Sedrick Hodge

S - Jason Allen

PLus Will Pool comes off Injury

I think Atlanta's moves have been nice too

DE - John Abraham

S Chris Crocker

S Lawyer Milloy

CD Richard Marshall

OLB James Anderson

FS Nate Salley

Miami made some amazing moves bettering their secondary and remain just as stout in their front 7

Key arrivals —

LB Keith Newman

S -Deke Cooper

CB Will Allen

CB Renaldo Hill

CB André Goodman

LB Sedrick Hodge

S - Jason Allen

DE - John Abraham

S Chris Crocker

S Lawyer Milloy

CD Richard Marshall

OLB James Anderson

FS Nate Salley

You bottom three for Atlanta are Panther draft picks :D

Do not sleep on the Giants D this year. Adding Arrington and Sam Madison strengthen a top 10 D from last year. Getting their LB corps decimated was the only thing that kept them from being a top 3 D.

Key arrivals —

LB Keith Newman

S -Deke Cooper

CB Will Allen

CB Renaldo Hill

CB André Goodman

LB Sedrick Hodge

S - Jason Allen

DE - John Abraham

S Chris Crocker

S Lawyer Milloy

CD Richard Marshall

OLB James Anderson

FS Nate Salley

CB Jimmy Williams

LB Edgerton Hartwell (returning from injury)

DB Kevin Mathis (returning from injury)

Fixed it for you Duchess. :D

Do not sleep on the Giants D this year. Adding Arrington and Sam Madison strengthen a top 10 D from last year. Getting their LB corps decimated was the only thing that kept them from being a top 3 D.

agree. their division should be tougher this year though.

Edited by Jackass

Buffalo has done nothing but good things for the D this year. A few rookies on D, but they will be just fine. They will be top 10 guaranteed (or your money back).

I wouldnt be surprised to see them regain their top 5 form of years past.

Do they still have Holcomb? Because if that kid can't get it done at QB this year, it's gonna make things a whole lot tougher on that D.....

Do they still have Holcomb? Because if that kid can't get it done at QB this year, it's gonna make things a whole lot tougher on that D.....

Yeah they got him, but I doubt very seriously he is the starter. They will most likely start JP Losman, and give him his deserved chance at the full time starter.

The Saints added about 50 safeties, 4 line backers, and a DT - all of whom are expected to start/seriously contribute. They are also still looking at trading for Donnie Edwards (rumor).

By the way, I saw Sedrick Hodge on that list. You have got to be kidding!

Dallas D can easily be top 10 this year. A lot of young talent and learned a new 3-4 scheme last year. This year they addressed all the major defensive holes. Once they gel they should be formidable.

Buffalo has done nothing but good things for the D this year. A few rookies on D, but they will be just fine. They will be top 10 guaranteed (or your money back).

I wouldnt be surprised to see them regain their top 5 form of years past.

Only probelm is their O sucks and this will force their defense to be on the field way to much.

Why? :D

Vermeil = offense

Herm = defense

...plus using their first two picks on defense and not losing anyone from their (iirc) #16 ranked defense should mean they could crack the top 10...

I'm not expecting the second coming of the 1984-1985 Bears, but that wasn't the question. If they move into the top 5-10 defenses, they would be a candidate for the 'most improved'. That's all I'm sayin'...

I think (and sure hope!) that the Bengals D is one that makes one of the larger jumps in terms of ranking from the previous year.

A #28 rank (or whatever they were last year) even to a #18 or #19 is a pretty sizeable jump in percentage and # of spots.

Edit to add: I thought this last year too. :D

Edited by Bengal Mania

The Saints added about 50 safeties, 4 line backers, and a DT - all of whom are expected to start/seriously contribute. They are also still looking at trading for Donnie Edwards (rumor).

By the way, I saw Sedrick Hodge on that list. You have got to be kidding!

50 safeties? Do you mean 5 or is that hyperbole?