[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early 2006 Predictions

Menudo

Not trying to step on the polls that are currently running, but, I saw this format on another boad that I sometimes lurk on. These are very early, and I reserve the right to change these before the season starts. :D

NFC North

1. Chicago

2. Minnesota

3. Green Bay

4. Detroit

NFC South

1. Carolina

2. New Orleans

3. Tampa Bay

4. Atlanta

NFC East

1. Dallas

2. Washington

3. New York Giants

4. Philadelphia

NFC West

1. Seattle

2. Arizona

3. St. Louis

4. San Francisco

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh

2. Cincinnati

3. Baltimore

4. Cleveland

AFC South

1. Indianapolis

2. Jacksonville

3. Houston

4. Tennessee

AFC East

1. Miami

2. New England

3. Buffalo

4. New York Jets

AFC West

1. Denver

2. San Diego

3. Kansas City

4. Oakland

--------------------------------------------------------

Team with the best REGULAR SEASON record:

Indianapolis Colts

Team with the worst REGULAR SEASON record:

New York Jets

The toughest divisions will be:

NFC East

AFC North

Playoff Picture will look like this:

NFC

1. Seattle

2. Carolina

3. Dallas

4. Chicago

5. Washington

6. New Orleans

AFC

1. Indianapolis

2. Pittsburgh

3. Denver

4. Miami

5. Cincinatti

6. New England

NFC Champ:

Seattle

AFC Champ:

Pittsburgh

MVP: Peyton Manning

Offensive Player of the year: NFC--Matt Hasselbeck, AFC--Larry Johnson

Defensive Player of the year: NFC--Jullius Peppers, AFC--Troy Polamalu

Rookie of the year: Reggie Bush

Coach of the year: Sean Payton

Comeback Player of the year: Carson Palmer

BUST of the year: Plaxico Burress

Super Bowl Champs: Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl MVP: Troy Polamalu

Getting rather ahead there for predictions not of this season but the year ahead. :D

:D Anyway you could change that for me please ?

Edited by Menudo

:D:D

Just so you know, I correctly predicted the Super Bowl champion last year, but, for the 26 years prior to that, I was incorrect. :D

Edited by Menudo

:D

Everyone, try to overlook the fact that I picked the Steelers. I was trying to see other people's early thoughts on the upcoming season. :D

You're an ass. You should just post this crap on the Steeler board you hang out so you can get 50 replies that agree with your post and all you guys will be happy.

I can't wait for the Panther Dave prediction which has the Panters winning it all. The Seahawks 37 prediction which has the Seahawks winning it all should follow shortly there after.

The Wrecklesberger accident is a bad omen on the season. 8 wins at the most.

I was wrong last year but I feel even more confident in a Steeler demise this year.

Not a Steeler hater, just an objective view.

You're an ass. You should just post this crap on the Steeler board you hang out so you can get 50 replies that agree with your post and all you guys will be happy.

I can't wait for the Panther Dave prediction which has the Panters winning it all. The Seahawks 37 prediction which has the Seahawks winning it all should follow shortly there after.

The Wrecklesberger accident is a bad omen on the season. 8 wins at the most.

I was wrong last year but I feel even more confident in a Steeler demise this year.

Not a Steeler hater, just an objective view.

Sometimes, I completely deserve the ripping I get, but, this was simply a prediction thread. Thanks for starting things out with the name-calling though, much appreciated. I could see if the post said, "Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl", but, there are lots of picks that were made.

Edited by Menudo

Sometimes, I completely deserve the ripping I get, but, this was simply a prediction thread. Thanks for starting things out with the name-calling though, much appreciated. I could see if the post said, "Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl", but, there are lots of picks that were made.

True about the ass part but I thought "why wait 4 posts to call him an ass" and just got it out of the way early.

I read the whole prediction but basically it was highly predictable, not just the Steeler part but everything else.

That said my point about the Omen of Ben's accident still holds true. We will point back to that as the beginning of the tough season the Steelers will have. JMO

True about the ass part but I thought "why wait 4 posts to call him an ass" and just got it out of the way early.

I read the whole prediction but basically it was highly predictable, not just the Steeler part but everything else.

That said my point about the Omen of Ben's accident still holds true. We will point back to that as the beginning of the tough season the Steelers will have. JMO

I have no problem with your opinion that Ben's accident will lead to the Steelers demise. Sorry that my predictions were high 'predictable', I wasn't trying to shock anyone, just giving my guesses on what will happen this year.

Everyone, try to overlook the fact that I picked the Steelers. I was trying to see other people's early thoughts on the upcoming season. :D

Nope I was just yawning at everyone writing off the Chiefs this year thinking they will finish 3rd in the div, just annoyed cause I think this is the year they finally get back to the playoffs. Everyone assumes since a team was good last year that they will be just as good this coming season, it never works out that way and we all know it. Sure you can bank on the Seahawks returning, and maybe the Colts, but everyone else is vulnerable for a down year IMO. Can't wait for the season to start :D

Peter King over at SI says its a Cowboy/Pats SB this year......

That would be a good storyline Super Bowl. Battle of the Bills, Brady vs. Bledsoe, The T.O. Show

Other matches with intriguing storylines.... :D

Steelers vs. Cowboys - Battle for 6

Steleers vs. Seahawks - Rematch

Nope I was just yawning at everyone writing off the Chiefs this year thinking they will finish 3rd in the div, just annoyed cause I think this is the year they finally get back to the playoffs.

Yeah, nobody is giving the Chiefs a sniff. I guess nobody remembers that the Chiefs came a whisker away from taking the Steelers 6th seed last season. :D

On a side note, I think it is interesting that anyone would predict another SB victory for the Steelers considering the miraculous alignment of events that enabled them to "win" it last year. I mean....please, give me a break.

Yeah, nobody is giving the Chiefs a sniff. I guess nobody remembers that the Chiefs came a whisker away from taking the Steelers 6th seed last season. :D

On a side note, I think it is interesting that anyone would predict another SB victory for the Steelers considering the miraculous alignment of events that enabled them to "win" it last year. I mean....please, give me a break.

:D The Steelers didn't really win it. I'm going to blink my eyes real hard and make it go away.

Seattle

AFC Champ:

Pittsburgh

Super Bowl Champs: Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl MVP: Troy Polamalu

A shocker that you posted this....