[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hankk's Corner

Hankk

Hello boys -

Its time for the second edition of Hankk's Corner . I will be here (perhaps sporadically at times) to answer your questions regarding style and fashion.

Fire away. :D

Hankk's Tip of the Day: Shine those shoes!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When wearing jeans, I never quite know what style of socks to wear... do you just wear white socks with jeans, or are dress socks acceptable as long as you are not wearing tennis shoes? Help me Hankk, I'm so confused!

When wearing jeans, I never quite know what style of socks to wear... do you just wear white socks with jeans, or are dress socks acceptable as long as you are not wearing tennis shoes? Help me Hankk, I'm so confused!

To follow up on this question, when dressing business casual, should the socks match the shoes or the pants? Or should I go wild and match the shirt?

Excellent question.

Unless you are working in the yard or the like, no white socks with jeans. If you are going out somewhere, and you must wear tennis shoes, find some colored cotton socks.

For the most part, unless you are playing sports, leave the tennis shoes at home.

To follow up on this question, when dressing business casual, should the socks match the shoes or the pants? Or should I go wild and match the shirt?

Socks match the pants. If your socks match the shirt, we'll call you Mr. Monochromatic.

Now, if you're feeling really spiffy, you can get socks that match your pants and have a secondary color/highlight that compliments your shirt.

If you wear shorts, is it acceptable to wear your knee socks

all the way up to your knees?

Wife says no, I say BOOYAH!

Yes, if your name is Allen Iverson.

Unless the temp is below 50 degrees.... no sock should ever be warn with jeans.

if your worried about stinking up your tennis shoes..... why are you wearing them with jeans? Tennis shoes are reserved for shorts only!

No offense JRL, but Hankk's trademark symbol above also covers who's allowed to give advice. :D

Hankk, I'm not a tie-guy but enjoy a nice turtleneck. Sometimes with a jacket, the turtlenecks get a bit warm. Can i wear a dicky with lighter weight oxford. How about an ascot?

No (x2) :D

Thought maybe you'd have an opinion on this article.

I'm all for the 'low-rise' craze myself :D

Its a trashy look, to be sure. And its old hat now.

Maybe Czarina can start a woman's advice thread?

EDIT: Its my understanding that the hip is the new thing for the wimmens to expose.

Edited by Hankk

Hi Hank.

I have a 2 part question..I recently had a very tough time finding a wide width summer sandal. I was told since its seasonal they dont stock many wide widths. Luckily I found a store that did. In the interum I looked at possible subs for my usual summer sandals and I was debating (still am) buying those shoes that look like bowling shoes that all the cool kids are wearing. Similar to this here. I would get them in a light brown. The reason for my conundrum was I couldnt figure out for the life of me an appropriate sock combo. At first i though short crew white. Then possible no socks but im not sure if that flies with that type of shoe. Please advise ..

Part 2.

My boss is an old school guy that wont allow us to go summer casual. I only can go casual on fridays when he is out the younger partner allows it. I work in Manhatten and walk a lot all day and its very hot but its a rule I must wear a tie everyday. I have a staunch opinion on this but I wanted to get the expert opinion. Short sleeves and a Tie..Acceptable or NAMBLA member ?

Thanks Hank.

Hi Hank.

I have a 2 part question..I recently had a very tough time finding a wide width summer sandal. I was told since its seasonal they dont stock many wide widths. Luckily I found a store that did. In the interum I looked at possible subs for my usual summer sandals and I was debating (still am) buying those shoes that look like bowling shoes that all the cool kids are wearing. Similar to this here. I would get them in a light brown. The reason for my conundrum was I couldnt figure out for the life of me an appropriate sock combo. At first i though short crew white. Then possible no socks but im not sure if that flies with that type of shoe. Please advise ..

Part 2.

My boss is an old school guy that wont allow us to go summer casual. I only can go casual on fridays when he is out the younger partner allows it. I work in Manhatten and walk a lot all day and its very hot but its a rule I must wear a tie everyday. I have a staunch opinion on this but I wanted to get the expert opinion. Short sleeves and a Tie..Acceptable or NAMBLA member ?

Thanks Hank.

Part 1

I like those shoes. But I wouldn't them like I'd wear sandals. I wouldn't wear them with shorts. I'd wear them with jeans and khakis and the like - a nice casual shoe. And I'd wear socks with them.

Edit: And the socks match the pants.

Part 2

Short sleeves and a tie are unacceptable. Period.

Edit: There is no such thing as a short-sleeve "dress shirt."

Edited by Hankk