[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Rankings are out!

DMD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest eye-brow raiser for me is Eli Manning at #3. I don't see it.

yeah...I don't disagree with much here.....plus I don't expect to agree with everything on the list.....

that's not what the rankings are for....

I only really disagree with Eli and RMoss....anything else is neither here nor there .....

everyone's a critic...

yeah...I don't disagree with much here.....plus I don't expect to agree with everything on the list.....

that's not what the rankings are for....

I only really disagree with Eli and RMoss....anything else is neither here nor there .....

everyone's a critic...

Having him ranked as the #3 QB is one thing. Slotting him in the top tier with his brother and Brady is an entirely different animal. :D

The QB pool looks VERY thin this year. After Peyton and Brady, I see nothing but question marks. I think Eli can be a top QB but it's difficult to risk that 2nd round pick to get him. As a Giants fan I still get a little woozy every time he drops back. Then you have an injured Carson Palmer, Hasselbeck is always up & down, McNabb with no one to throw to, Bulger with new coaches and coming off the shoulder thing, then guys like Bledsoe, Brooks, and Plummer who I never trusted too much. I really don't like taking a QB too early but I HATE getting stuck with a mediocre QB. Hmmmm.... :D

Yeah it's DEFINITELY time to start studying.

Got a typo in the box for your Reggie Williams write up.

For 2003 you have him with Miami getting;

50 recptions for 351 yards recieving @ a 7.0 ypc & 1 TD

392 carries for 1372 yards rushing & 9 TD's.

Those are Ricky Williams numbers.

I ended up with Manning there because I really liked his development and he has Barber, Shockey, Toomer, Burress and now Sinorice Moss to throw to. The NFC East should contain at least decent defenses throughout so the passing game will have to be used for success. Eli only had his first season as a starter in 2005 and I expect that he will continue to step up.

I like Eli to step it up this year. He belongs at par with Brady but not Peyton. Obviously if Palmer didn't have any risk he would be up their above Brady and Eli but he does. I don't see anybody in tier 2 that belongs ahead of Eli or is less of a risk than him.

Young Manning has a good receiving back to go along with his other targets.

The QB pool looks VERY thin this year. After Peyton and Brady, I see nothing but question marks. I think Eli can be a top QB but it's difficult to risk that 2nd round pick to get him. As a Giants fan I still get a little woozy every time he drops back. Then you have an injured Carson Palmer, Hasselbeck is always up & down, McNabb with no one to throw to, Bulger with new coaches and coming off the shoulder thing, then guys like Bledsoe, Brooks, and Plummer who I never trusted too much. I really don't like taking a QB too early but I HATE getting stuck with a mediocre QB. Hmmmm.... :D

Yeah it's DEFINITELY time to start studying.

I have no problem with drafting McNabb, Palmer or Bulger

I like Eli to step it up this year. He belongs at par with Brady but not Peyton. Obviously if Palmer didn't have any risk he would be up their above Brady and Eli but he does. I don't see anybody in tier 2 that belongs ahead of Eli or is less of a risk than him.

Young Manning has a good receiving back to go along with his other targets.

If Palmer proves to be healthy enough to play without any real limitation, then he is #2 with no question.

We have decided to release the rankings a week earlier than normal since we are at a dead time right now and there is not much likely to happen for, oh, almost the next month

9. I have seen <insert player> play. I am just not as big a pessimst/optimist/homer as you are.

Who is this Insert Player?? I have never heard of him...

Thanks DMD for all you guys do!! :D

Then....

...Randy Moss #3? That's a little extravagant don't you think? I'm down with him being a Tier 1, but maybe around #6 or #7 with TO.

Do you think Brooks is really an improvement at QB? The fact Porter, Gabriel, Curry, et al did nothing new with Moss in the lineup last season makes me curious as to why his numbers are going to go beyond the others he's listed above.

Not necessarily criticizing the spotting, just seems like a very very high end projection.

I can wait for Fantasy University's Oakland session for a more in depth analysis, but it was certainly the one name I was surprised to see on the rankings.

Then....

...Randy Moss #3? That's a little extravagant don't you think? I'm down with him being a Tier 1, but maybe around #6 or #7 with TO.

Do you think Brooks is really an improvement at QB? The fact Porter, Gabriel, Curry, et al did nothing new with Moss in the lineup last season makes me curious as to why his numbers are going to go beyond the others he's listed above.

Not necessarily criticizing the spotting, just seems like a very very high end projection.

I can wait for Fantasy University's Oakland session for a more in depth analysis, but it was certainly the one name I was surprised to see on the rankings.

they didn't need an improvement at QB.....Moss just needs to not get hurt again and take his offseason workout more seriously....

Brooks will chuck it to either Porter/Moss/Curry/Gabriel.......Moss will make plays when he can and be a top WR.....I just don't see him better than S Smiff or TO right now...I have him around 5 or 6 at WR...

Biggest eye-brow raiser for me is Eli Manning at #3. I don't see it.

I hear naysaying re:E.Manning, and don't really get it.

How can you not look at his 2005 and think he's not top QB material?

I hear naysaying re:E.Manning, and don't really get it.

How can you not look at his 2005 and think he's not top QB material?

How can you look at his last five games and think he deserves to be ranked with Peyton?

He had seven interceptions compared to four TDs.

All told, he only had six games with multiple TDs in 2005 . . . not enough to get in that top tier.

He may improve, but in order to get into that elite class, he needs to throw 30 TDs and/or 4000 yards.

Personally, I'd rank the top 15 including tiers as:

P. Manning

T. Brady

C. Palmer

M. Bulger

J. Delhomme

E. Manning

D. Bledsoe

M. Hasselbeck

T. Green

J. Plummer

K. Warner

D. McNabb

B. Favre

D. Brees

M. Vick

Edited by PaulOttCarruth

McNabb 2 tiers below Bledsoe and Trent Green? I think he'll be a top 5 or 6 QB this season.

I actually have Green probably outside my top 10 and Bledsoe a couple slots below McNabb...right around Brooks...because they both have stud wideouts with so-so OL's and get sacked alot as well...

How can you look at his last five games and think he deserves to be ranked with Peyton?

He had seven interceptions compared to four TDs.

All told, he only had six games with multiple TDs in 2005 . . . not enough to get in that top tier.

He may improve, but in order to get into that elite class, he needs to throw 30 TDs and/or 4000 yards.

Personally, I'd rank the top 15 including tiers as:

P. Manning

T. Brady

C. Palmer

M. Bulger

J. Delhomme

E. Manning

D. Bledsoe

M. Hasselbeck

T. Green

J. Plummer

K. Warner

D. McNabb

B. Favre

D. Brees

M. Vick

I will be passing on Marc "Ow Ow, My Shoulder" Bulger in my drafts this year. He is always hurt.

In one league I'm in, I have to decide between keeping Bulger or Warner. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

:D That was when he used to rush for 450 yards per season though. A long time ago.

he throws like crazy....and still has plenty weapons...

Gaffney has been lining up as the #2 WR and might start there.....

having Pinkston as a #3 along with Brown, LJ and Westy make for a great fantasy option at QB...

plus McNabb has slimmed down trmendously....I will be willing to bet he runs more this year....especially without TO and not being hurt....

Greg Lewis will be the #4 WR....not the #2 like he had to be last year.....that alone speaks volumes with how their offense will be run.....

Did I say that?

Well, duh. :D

He also was in his first season as a starter. I still don't understand the criticisms and yours seem to be hypercritical, as we are pretty much in agreement about where he stands with his peers (I'd put him at #5 and it looks like you got him at #6).

He's not the top QB available, nor do I expect him ever to be that kind of player, but he's young, poised, has some veteran personnel around him on a team that is in position to be competitive right now. I'd be more than pleased getting him as a starter if it allowed me to wait an extra round to pick him up.