[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quarterfinals

alexgaddis

I think Germany can pull out a win on their home turf, very potent offensively, but best game of the four

Italy will handle the Ukraine (The Ukraine is WEAK!)

Brazil will handle France (lucky bastages shouldn't have made it this far)

England vs. Portugal should also be a great game, I am going with Portugal to win this...

Germany vs. Argentina

Italy vs. Ukraine

Brazil vs. France

England vs. Portugal

Germans just too technical. Too tough in the midfield. Homefield advantage.

Italians are solid, and Ukraine isn't too tough, despite getting this far.

Brazil looks like the team to beat. They look like they're toying with their opponents. France CAN beat the Brazilians if Brazil comes out flat and Henry/Zidane can control the middle and attacking positions.

Portugal looks like the best darkhorse here and can probably get by an Owen-less English squad.

Germany over Argentina due to Germany's more powerful offense. Did i really just type that? Plus I'm German. 3-1

Italy over Ukraine in an early goal that they just sit back and defend all day. 1-0

Brazil over France and Ronaldinho finally scores. 4-2

England over Portugal because Portugal have no players left after all the cards/injuries against Netherlands. 1-0

England over Portugal because Portugal have no players left after all the cards/injuries against Netherlands. 1-0

That's a good point, actually. But the Brits are banged up too. Should be a close game, could go either way IMO.

France (lucky bastages shouldn't have made it this far)

please explain :D

France draws with switzerland, a team they drew against twice in qualifying, which is a logical result to the game.

france ties south korea. sloppy game DOMINATED by france, with an obvious goal (shot on goal. ball crosses the goal line. SK goalie pushes it out) not seen by ref. SK scores on one of it's very few occasions due to confusion

france then HAS to win 2-0 to be guaranteed to go on (most teams in qualifying would go through w/ 1 win and 2 ties, france is just unlucky with the breakdown in this group (for example the US could have gone through with a win, a tie, and a loss))

france then gets a PK against them in the game against spain (though it is deserved, it is a harsh penalty considering the foul) and wins by dominating this match.

Please explain why they are 'lucky' to go through

France draws with switzerland, a team they drew against twice in qualifying, which is a logical result to the game.

france ties south korea. sloppy game DOMINATED by france, with an obvious goal (shot on goal. ball crosses the goal line. SK goalie pushes it out) not seen by ref. SK scores on one of it's very few occasions due to confusion

france then HAS to win 2-0 to be guaranteed to go on (most teams in qualifying would go through w/ 1 win and 2 ties, france is just unlucky with the breakdown in this group (for example the US could have gone through with a win, a tie, and a loss))

france then gets a PK against them in the game against spain (though it is deserved, it is a harsh penalty considering the foul) and wins by dominating this match.

yeah, i'd have to agree. they've been "lucky" in the sense they've squeaked through, but they'd had a lot more bad breaks in this tourney than good.

Germany vs. Argentina

Italy vs. Ukraine

Brazil vs. France

England vs. Portugal

Germany will make the most of home field but they may have to come from behind. This will be the game of the round.

Italy should beat Ukraine handily if they concentrate on making the most of their talents instead of rolling about on the floor.

Brazil will lose the possession battle to France but will win the only stat that matters - goals.

England have played better each game as they've gone on. This will be close and if it goes to penalties the Portuguese will win because England's penalties record is execrable.

The South Americans have only ever won the World Cup once on European turf and that was in 1958. I don't see that changing this year.

I am just angry that Spain didn't show up for the game against France...they are a younger, more talented team than the aging French but they ALWAYS choke in the WC...I really wanted to see Spain move on...

Edited by alexgaddis