[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

England vs. Portugal

wiegie

Certainly worth mentioning, too, that Beckham went out with a leg/foot issue. England's hurtin' right now with their two best players out. Now Cole, a solid player, is going out for some guy that needs to eat a little bit more. :D

Catching an English breakfast, English style.

This is the best part about living in LA during the World Cup: there are 'home team bars' every few miles. I got here at 715 and the place was already near capacity with the beer already flowing. And there's nothing like watching women down Irish Car bombs before I usually wake up. :sneaky:

Here's the end of period corner kick reaction.

first game watching with american commentary (I have either watched univision in spanish, which I do not understand, or in french at the local french cafe with french feed, or at a bar in english where you couldn't really hear the commentary or it was some irish guys)

Someone please kill Balboa :D

god that man is annoying :D

He really must have a dimeasured view of what his skills were on the pitch, because every time there is a really difficult improbable action by either side he says things like "they've really got to finish those" or "he really should have had that" He is so negative about both sides, it is really disheartening to hear

that other english player also messed up by not waiting for the whistle. like the germany-argentina game, this was another where it was hard to see either team lose. i like england, although i think portugal is the only team remaining never to have won a world cup (not that they have much of a chance).

Not a great match, but solid.

People will forget Rooney's transgression, the way they will forget Beckham's in 98' only IF HE GROWS UP :D Which I'm guessing will be a long shot.

Taught match, as they often are at this stage. Was pulling for Portugal (they were my dark horse final 4 (argentina, spain, france portugal) but would not have minded either way.

portugal now faces either brazil or france, both matches fraught with political implications.

England missed a great chance to advance with as good of team as they have fielded in years. Ricardo was clearly the superior goalie when it counted most. Rooney needs to reel in the temper or it will keep costing him and his mates.