[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper advice.... drop the QB or the WR?

Chilly

OK, backdrop:

8 team league. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF

We are allowed to keep any 5. I have it down to these candidates:

Carson Palmer

Dom. Davis

Ronnie Brown

Kevin Jones

Willie Parker

Randy Moss

Chris Chambers

Pretty sure the first guy to drop is Parker. Then what? Is Palmer worth taking a risk on at the expense of Chambers? Or do I dump Palmer to keep 3 decent RBS and 2 WRs?

I know which way I am leaning, but want to hear your take on it...

Drop Palmer for sure. Plenty of good QB's in an 8 team league. I'm not so sure either about dropping Parker. Brown and Jones are no-brainer keepers but I'm a little concerned about Dom Davis. He seems to be having ongoing knee problems and training camp hasn't even started.He seems to be a risky rb right now. I don't know how soon you have to declare keepers but I would definitely be monitoring Davis' situation. No doubt he's a better back than Parker but it could be conceivable he may not be starting or even playing in a few years should his knee problems continue to hamper him. Parker,IMO, is lower risk. If you don't have to keep Davis for more than a year he could be worth risking that he'll get through the season healthy and produce.As I said monitor Davis' knee problem before making a decision on whether to keep him or not. If I had to decide today I think I would take a chance and keep Parker instead. He's lower risk than Davis.

Well, let me gum up this situation then...

I have Samkon Gado too. Anyone think I should keep him? What about Michael Clayton?

Also, I will have the 3rd pick in our draft, and was hoping Joseph Addai will be there.

This change anything for anyone?

I have Samkon Gado too. Anyone think I should keep him? What about Michael Clayton?

Also, I will have the 3rd pick in our draft, and was hoping Joseph Addai will be there.

no, no, and no.

So.... pretty much everyone is in consensus that Palmer should be dropped, which is cool, because that is what I was thinking.

Anyone else out there think maybe Parker is a better keeper than Dom. Davis?

I also have the 3rd pick in each round of the draft.

not me. houston is making some nice changes and the stronger passing game should open things up a bit more for davis. i rank them close, but give the edge to davis.

no, no, and no.

what tonorator said. Gado and Clayton are not options over what you have so far.

I keep Davis over Parker and then do the obvious and try to trade Parker for pick or package Parker and Palmer and anyone else you are not keeping for an improvement (up to and including one of your keepers, as you would be trading for a keeper). You aint keepin them, so anything you can get for them is an improvement, even if it is something like a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Palmer, etc.

Go with these --- you can go after Qb help later

Dom. Davis

Ronnie Brown

Kevin Jones

Randy Moss

Chris Chambers

*** any chance you can package willie parker and/or one of your other RBs to get a better RB (2 for one type trade) --- Dom davis' knee is a little scary...

No matter how horrible the rest of the Texans have played, Davis has always been a stud when healthy.

The problem I have with Parker is that he's had one good season. Not one great season, one good season, and that's on a team where just about any RB that got a significant amount of touches would have a good season. Right now we don't know if he's the next Tiki Barber or the next Amos Zeroeoe.

Just some things to think about. I would drop Palmer and keep both WR because you have to start 3. As far as running backs, Brown is the only clear cut keeper, the other three all have something to think about. I would drop Kevin Jones and heres why:

-Davis may be a health risk but he has mid-high reward, he catches a good amount of balls out of the back field and has really been the only offensive weapon over the last two seasons and I believe that he will get alot of touches. He would be my #2.

-Parker has only one year under his belt but he also plays for a team that is run first and them run some more. He is the starting back and will get plenty of touches. The concern is will he get those touchs near the goaline.

- K Jones had a good rookie year and then fell off last year. I think he is a good back but will not be the first option in this years offense with Martz taking over. This may be a good thing if KJ can get his YPC up over 4.3. KJ also has the same bye week (8) as Ronnie Brown and he hasn't proven that he can catch balls out of the back feild like Faulk did so he will have to prove that he can do that in this offense.

I'd drop Palmer And Dom.Davis. Davis knees scare the heck out of me. I'd KEEP: R. Brown, K. Johnson, W. Parker, C. Chambers, R. Moss. K. Johnson should be much better this year in Mike Martz's offense. W. Parker will get the rock mostly between the 20 yard lines but is a threat to break off a TD from anywhere (Note; the steelers are talking T.J. Ducket with the Falcons) goal line duty in place of the retired Bus. Duce will disappear if this happens. In a 8 team league you'll be able to get a good QB and maybe even pick up Palmer again if everyone is afraid to take a chance on him. GOOD LUCK :D:D

Dom. Davis

Ronnie Brown

Kevin Jones

Randy Moss

Chris Chambers

*** any chance you can package willie parker and/or one of your other RBs to get a better RB (2 for one type trade) --- Dom davis' knee is a little scary...

I agree

If you don't trade Plamer you can probably draft him

Food for thought. I just traded Dom Davis in a dynasty league. I gave QB Warner, D Davis and WR Rod Smith for QB Delhomme, WR Sinorice Moss and TE Pollard. Not to hip on the TE but I got a QB who should be top 10 for a while and a rookie wr who I think will develop in a couple of years. I was afraid no one would bite on a trade for Davis. I had tried several owners before and they said they weren't interested because of the injury risk. I would have loved to have kept Davis but I fear his life as an NFL back is dwindling. No doubt when he's healthy he's a top 10 back. I'd consider him in a redraft if my draft was late and I knew his status.He's just too much risk at this point and training camp hasn't even started. I certainly wouldn't keep him with the options you have. Even Palmer is a better risk than DD.

drop DD and FWP only if DD still has trouble with his knee in training camp

anyone who can't go through a walkthrough without swelling in his knee worries me to death....

I'd rather have Palmer if DD doesn't look good...

Dom. Davis

Ronnie Brown

Kevin Jones

Randy Moss

Chris Chambers

+1

Well, it sounds like most people think I should keep Chambers, Moss, and Ronnie Brown.

There is some discourse about which two of Dom Davis, Kevin Jones, and Palmer (and some Parker) to keep along with them.

I have offered up a couple of trade scenarios involving Parker/Palmer for draft picks.

I will keep you guys posted, and in the meantime any more thoughts are appreciated.