[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Mock 5 Signups - 12 Team Performance and

DMD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this thing moves a bit here soon. I will likely just finish out the final two rounds myself just to get it done so please use preselects when you can.

Hopefully this thing moves a bit here soon. I will likely just finish out the final two rounds myself just to get it done so please use preselects when you can.

I've been checking all day Boss-coming home from work even-let it roll a little while longer.Please

Edited by PantherDave

Our draft has been graded, check out the Huddle front page. It would appear that my squad received the best ranking. :D

Team #4 –For Those About to Mock

Final Roster

4.09 QB Bledsoe, Drew

7.04 QB Culpepper, Daunte

15.04 QB Smith, Alex

1.04 RB Portis, Clinton

3.04 RB Droughns, Reuben

6.09 RB Williams, DeAngelo

9.04 RB Gado, Samkon

12.09 RB Houston, Cedric

5.04 TE Shockey, Jeremy

2.09 WR Fitzgerald, Larry

8.09 WR Kennison, Eddie

10.09 WR Wilford, Ernest

11.04 WR Burleson, Nate

13.04 WR Curtis, Kevin

16.09 PK Stover, Matt

14.09 DEF Giants

Started: RB, WR, RB, QB, TE

Normally the 4th spot is one that ends up just outside getting top players but this team came together well in this scoring system. Went with RB Portis and then WR Fitzgerald for a good start and still reached Droughns with the 3.04. That could have been Kevin Jones or Willie Parker depending on personal preference. Where this plan really worked well was starting in the 4th round when he grabbed Bledsoe and then TE Shockey.

Found DeAngelo Williams with his 6th round pick and then went with QB Culpepper in the 7th that could be a steal if he comes around. Waited until the end to get DEF or PK but still reached Giants and Stover for at least average numbers. Taking two QB's by the 7th round could prove a big benefit in this scoring system and if DeAngelo Williams can unseat Foster (or watch him get hurt), this could be a very good team..

Plan Grade: A

Not sure I agree with the grade you received, Matt...lots of "ifs" on your squad, expecially at QB if Bledsoe remain upright, and the ??? surrounding Culpepper. However, if they both pan out, your squad would definitely be one of the favorites. Also, you'll be playing the "who do I start" game with your #2 WR, and perhaps your #2 RB, if Droughns legal troubles are a factor. Good job, tho! :D

I also graded well...missed my true "A", but like you, this team would be there at the end of the season:

Final Roster

1.10 RB Jordan, Lamont

2.03 WR Owens, Terrell

3.10 RB Bush, Reggie

4.03 QB Hasselbeck, Matt

5.10 WR Walker, Javon

6.03 RB McAllister, Deuce

7.10 QB Brees, Drew

8.03 Def Bears

9.10 TE Miller, Heath

10.03 WR Givens, David

11.10 WR McCardell, Keenan

12.03 PK Elam, Jason

13.10 RB Wells, Jonathan

14.03 WR Gaffney, Jabar

15.10 TE Stevens, Jerramy

16.03 RB Bennett, Michael

Loved getting a #1 WR in McCardell with the 11th round pick.....

Not sure I agree with the grade you received, Matt...lots of "ifs" on your squad, expecially at QB if Bledsoe remain upright, and the ??? surrounding Culpepper. However, if they both pan out, your squad would definitely be one of the favorites. Also, you'll be playing the "who do I start" game with your #2 WR, and perhaps your #2 RB, if Droughns legal troubles are a factor.

I was kicking myself around the 4th round when I took another look at the scoring. I would have taken a QB sooner. I'm not crazy about Bledsoe as my #1 but with T.O. there he should be at least adequate. And if Cpepp bounces back, my flex spot will be a monster. I agree about the #2 WR spot, I like to roll the dice on upside WRs late in the draft and hope one of them breaks out. I would likely choose one based on matchups each week until one emerged.

Droughns, who knows. I drafted him assuming he plays the season and I like him to improve on last year's TD numbers. DMD pointed out that K Jones or Parker could have been an option there but I think both are more of a gamble...Jones to not get enough carries and Parker to have his TDs vultured.