[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Mock 5 Signups - 12 Team Performance and

DMD

Question-I have a certain position pre-picked for Rd 3 and I want another position for Rd 4, so, say my first choice Rd 3 is there, will the computer/draft engine automatically select the next pick in RD3 saved choices for my Rd 4 pick, or go to my saved Rd 4 picks??? I ask because I'm back to back at the 12 spot and want position A in Rd3 and position B in Rd4??

Either something didn't work right, or all your Round 4 selections were taken, as we seem to be stuck here at 4.01.

Can we just give you Vick? :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where Panther Dave got to?

I pre-selected my next 2 rounds which should get us thru the evening ... I'm off to a client dinner and won't be back online until tomorrow at 7 AM (EST). If I'm holding things up, have DMD select for me.

I think he decided not to pre-select for round 4, for fear of getting two of his guys from round 3 pre-selects. (I don't think he saw my response to his question prior to leaving.)

Ton has not pre'ed and he's WC, so it's 5:30ish over there...........

So by the time he gets to his computer, it will be noon'ish here on the east coast??? :D

As a courtesy, everyone should pre-select if they feel they MIGHT be out of touch for a period of time.....we're a day into this draft, and we haven't even made it thru 5 rounds yet! Using pre-select is easy, and if you are indeed at your computer when your turn rolls around, you can delete your pre-selects and make your choice "live".

No-brainer, fellas.

Wow, I would be playing this mock very differently from you all. With a flex QB in play, I'd have a strategy involving 2 RBs and 2 QBs in the first 6 rounds for sure.

I'd probably play it RB - QB - RB - WR - QB or something similar in these scoring rules.

Wow, I would be playing this mock very differently from you all. With a flex QB in play, I'd have a strategy involving 2 RBs and 2 QBs in the first 6 rounds for sure.

I'd probably play it RB - QB - RB - WR - QB or something similar in these scoring rules.

The only reason I don't have 2 QBs yet is that no one else has taken their 2nd, meaning that there are still a bunch of solid #2 QBs available.

I think everyone fell into the old trap of getting one solid QB in the first 3-4 rounds....my #2 QB would be starting every week as my flex, no exceptions. I play in a league that requires 2 starting QBs, and the QBs outscore the RBs 80% of the time.

Think about it....in this scoring system, a QB with a marginal 250 yd/2 TD effort would earn 24.5 points. For an RB to earn the same, he'd need an outstanding 120 yd/2 TD effort.

With this scoring, average Ben Roethlisberger is as valuable as a solid RB like James/Portis/Jackson.

don't forget that interceptions are -3 and it is also a PPR league. so if your QB threw 1-2 interceptions and your RB catches 3-5 balls, things start to even out. i agree with swammi, it's all about position scarcity and nabbing top performers in any category when you have a chance.

Bingo, I realized this around the 4th round, then watched all the good QBs fly off the board. I would have played it differently too had I paid better attention to the flex spot and the scoring implications.

I factored it in, but the QB pool is reasonably deep this year and many solid flex QB's are still on the board. Now, if you wanted both in the tier 2-then yes by round 6 for sure, but there is still plenty of points at QB still on the board.

So by the time he gets to his computer, it will be noon'ish here on the east coast??? :D

As a courtesy, everyone should pre-select if they feel they MIGHT be out of touch for a period of time.....we're a day into this draft, and we haven't even made it thru 5 rounds yet! Using pre-select is easy, and if you are indeed at your computer when your turn rolls around, you can delete your pre-selects and make your choice "live".

No-brainer, fellas.

+1 :D