[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you choose? Keeper league.

We can keep up to 3 players at different positions. You already know who I'm keeping for sure (LJ) and I'm still up in the air over keeping Plummer of not. My question now is how do you guys feel about my WR. Who would you keep? We also have to give up 1 RD higher than last year's draft position, to keep the player this year. (2005 draft 2006 one RD higher)

I'm leaning towards Keeping Marvin Harrison and Pre-selecting him in Rd #2, but I could keep Moss and get him for an 8th pick. What would you do? Thanks

1.07 Deuce McAllister

2.09 Rudi Johnson

3.04 Marvin Harrison

4.09 Laveranues Coles

5.04 Kevan Barlow

6.09 Jake Plummer

7.04 Larry Johnson

8.09 ATL DEF

9.04 Santana Moss

After that on my roster is:

Mark Brunell FA

Brandon Jacobs 13.10

Adrian Peterson FA

Braylon Edwards 12.09

Troy Williamson 10.06

Jermaine Wiggins 11.04

John Kasay FA

Rian Lindell 16.09

Cowboys DEF 13.04

Vikings DEF 12.0

This really depends a lot on who you think will be available in the draft. As you have a 1st round pick, you should be able to get a decent RB as all those first rounders last year will be in the draft, so using your 2nd rounder on Harrison is not that bad of an option, leting you lock up a top WR to go with potentially two top RBs.

I think that is the route to go, though the value of of Santan Moss for an 8th round pick is very tempting, giving you more flexibility with the 2nd round pick, especially if you thini it is possible/likely that Harrison would be there for you in the second round.

This really depends a lot on who you think will be available in the draft. As you have a 1st round pick, you should be able to get a decent RB as all those first rounders last year will be in the draft, so using your 2nd rounder on Harrison is not that bad of an option, leting you lock up a top WR to go with potentially two top RBs.

I think that is the route to go, though the value of of Santan Moss for an 8th round pick is very tempting, giving you more flexibility with the 2nd round pick, especially if you thini it is possible/likely that Harrison would be there for you in the second round.

I don't think that I'll be able to get Marvin back because The owner who has P. Manning has already asked me if I wanted to trade him. all the other top WR will be kept let's say top 10 talent so my only option would be one of the 2. Moss does look like really good talent as an 8th RD pick but is it enough to pass on Keeping Harrison?

In spite of an excellent season, I still don't trust Moss. I need to see him do it one more time before I jump on the bandwagon.

As for Harrison, we've seen quite a few WRs continue to play at a high level into their mid 30s recently (Rice, Jimmy Smith, McCardell, Galloway) so barring seriouis injury, I think Marvin still has a few more solid seasons in the tank.

The fact that you're saying the top 10 WR's will probably be kept tells me that a lot of people are giving up their 1st and 2nd round picks (last year's 2nd and 3rd rounders). Take a look at the rosters that have Johnson, Holt, Moss, etc. Do they also have top-tier RB's? If so, I would imagine they will have to make a choice that will leave either a top RB or top WR available.

Also, what pick do you have in the 2nd round? I would not keep Harrison if it requires giving up an early 2nd round pick. End of the 2nd round, maybe. But, in a 12-team league for example, if you have a pick in the 13-16 range, I think you will be able to get better value than Harrison. Personally, if I had a late 1st and early 2nd, I would try grab a top WR first, then grab my #2 RB second. Having LJ allows you to be a little more flexible with your RB2 because you've already got the concensus #1 guy at that position.

If you're positive that keeping Harrison is your only chance at a tier 1 WR, however, I would probably keep him, even though S. Moss has more "value" in regards to the pick you would be giving up. Hope that makes sense. Tough decision, though.

Keeping top 10 players in or league does't mean you are giving up 1st & 2nd Rd picks. You give up the pick one RD higher than they were drafted.

Just like I got Moss in the 9th Rd last year that's why this year he will cost me a 8th RD pick. I guess I have to really wait to see what's going to be kept to make a serious move one way or the other. I really want to keep Moss and keep myself flexable but at the same time do I give up a top 10 WR to do it?

I pick 1:04 and then 2:09 if I don't keep Marvin, ana Marvin would be my 2:09 pick if I keep him. Then I pick 3:04, 4:07 & 4:09, 5:04, and LJ would be my 6th RD pick at 6:09.

Hope this helps with advice on which way to go.

Harrison is the overall better player, but Moss is the overall better value. Each is EXTREMELY productive with the opportunities they are given, showing a stable, elite efficiency in that regard over each of the last three years. (Look for a main page article on this subject in the next few weeks).

If you can keep your 2nd rounder open and retain Moss for the cost of an 8th round pick, you should seriously consider it. You might be able to use that 2nd rounder to shore up your RB depth, or add another elite WR to compliment Moss.

Keeping top 10 players in or league does't mean you are giving up 1st & 2nd Rd picks. You give up the pick one RD higher than they were drafted.

Just like I got Moss in the 9th Rd last year that's why this year he will cost me a 8th RD pick. I guess I have to really wait to see what's going to be kept to make a serious move one way or the other. I really want to keep Moss and keep myself flexable but at the same time do I give up a top 10 WR to do it?

I pick 1:04 and then 2:09 if I don't keep Marvin, ana Marvin would be my 2:09 pick if I keep him. Then I pick 3:04, 4:07 & 4:09, 5:04, and LJ would be my 6th RD pick at 6:09.

Hope this helps with advice on which way to go.

I guess my point is, if you are pretty sure that the top 10 WR's will be kept, odds are SOME of those ten WR's were drafted in the first 2-3 rounds last year, correct? If so, there are teams out there that are either A - Not keeping their top-10 WR because he was picked in the first round or B - Keeping a top WR because they drafted him 2nd round or later, but not able to keep their top back (1st round pick). Are you able to post the first 2-3 rounds of last year's draft?

I guess my point is, if you are pretty sure that the top 10 WR's will be kept, odds are SOME of those ten WR's were drafted in the first 2-3 rounds last year, correct? If so, there are teams out there that are either A - Not keeping their top-10 WR because he was picked in the first round or B - Keeping a top WR because they drafted him 2nd round or later, but not able to keep their top back (1st round pick). Are you able to post the first 2-3 rounds of last year's draft?

You can go to MFL.com league #336174 and check out the roster for the entire league if you have time. I can't post it right now.

The players selected are correct but the Team names are wrong.

Edited by MrGameTime

1.01 1 DaWildCats Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

1.02 2 ChicagoTeamsters Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

1.03 3 HarrysRednecks Manning, Peyton IND QB

1.04 4 GameTymePlayers James, Edgerrin ARI RB

1.05 5 InsaneClownPosse McGahee, Willis BUF RB

1.06 6 Predators Holmes, Priest KCC RB

1.07 7 UntamedWhoopass McAllister, Deuce NOS RB

1.08 8 Dell'sDawgs Culpepper, Daunte MIA QB

1.09 9 PIGSKINBULLIES Davis, Domanick HOU RB

1.10 10 StopMeIfYouCan Dillon, Corey NEP RB

1.11 11 SHUTEM'DOWN Jones, Kevin DET RB

1.12 12 TheRegulators Lewis, Jamal BAL RB

2.01 13 TheRegulators Portis, Clinton WAS RB

2.02 14 SHUTEM'DOWN Jones, Julius DAL RB

2.03 15 StopMeIfYouCan Moss, Randy OAK WR

2.04 16 PIGSKINBULLIES Green, Ahman GBP RB

2.05 17 Dell'sDawgs Jackson, Steven STL RB

2.06 18 UntamedWhoopass Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

2.07 19 Predators Owens, Terrell DAL WR

2.08 20 InsaneClownPosse Barber, Tiki NYG RB

2.09 21 GameTymePlayers Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

2.10 22 HarrysRednecks Martin, Curtis NYJ RB

2.11 23 ChicagoTeamsters Holt, Torry STL WR

2.12 24 DaWildCats Jordan, Lamont OAK RB

3.01 25 DaWildCats Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

3.02 26 ChicagoTeamsters Walker, Javon GBP WR

3.03 27 HarrysRednecks Taylor, Fred JAC RB

3.04 28 GameTymePlayers Harrison, Marvin IND WR

3.05 29 InsaneClownPosse Johnson, Chad CIN WR

3.06 30 Predators McNabb, Donovan PHI QB

3.07 31 UntamedWhoopass Wayne, Reggie IND WR

3.08 32 Dell'sDawgs Ward, Hines PIT WR

3.09 33 PIGSKINBULLIES Horn, Joe NOS WR

3.10 34 StopMeIfYouCan Williams, Carnell TBB RB

3.11 35 SHUTEM'DOWN Gates, Antonio SDC TE

3.12 36 TheRegulators Burleson, Nate SEA WR

Here you go I didn't think I could do it from the computer I'm using.

The only thing I'm not clear on is your comment about the Manning owner wanting to trade for Harrison. Since Manning was a first round pick, he can't be kept, correct? The downside is that there are a lot of 1st rounders from last year that are going to fall way down in this year's draft. So, the "unkeepables" are not as desirable as you would like. Even so, with the 1.4 pick, you should be able to get Edge or Manning. And that's worst-case scenario, assuming none of the first three guys give up their first round pick. Assuming, give or take a couple, the following picks in bold are keepers, there should only be about 10 picks made total before you get to your 2.9 pick.

One other thing (and this might be the most important thing to look at). Which teams have the three picks in front of you? The teams with the top two picks are sure to not keep their 2nd round picks from last year and give up their top picks (they will want to keep those picks for LT and SA), so that might open up two more good players.

If you think Harrison and Moss are both ranked about where they should be on the Huddle's preseason rankings, I would lean towards keeping Moss over Harrison. You may take a slight downgrade at WR with the 2.9 pick, but you will get a much better WR in Moss than you would with your 8.9 pick, making your overall WR corp better, in my opinion. In other words, I would rather have Roy Williams/Darrell Jackson/Donald Driver coupled with Moss than Harrison and Muhammed/McCardell/Porter. Good luck.

What is the trade offer for HArrison? In addition to all that Gopher has pulled together, you really have to compare the value of what you can get for Harrison, plus your 2.09 pick, plus Santan Moss vs. the value of Harrison and losing that 2nd round pick.

Assuming it is a decent offer, it would be easier and easier in my opinion to trade Harrison and keep Moss while retaining my 2nd round pick which should translate into a very good player.

The only thing I'm not clear on is your comment about the Manning owner wanting to trade for Harrison. Since Manning was a first round pick, he can't be kept, correct? The downside is that there are a lot of 1st rounders from last year that are going to fall way down in this year's draft. So, the "unkeepables" are not as desirable as you would like. Even so, with the 1.4 pick, you should be able to get Edge or Manning. And that's worst-case scenario, assuming none of the first three guys give up their first round pick. Assuming, give or take a couple, the following picks in bold are keepers, there should only be about 10 picks made total before you get to your 2.9 pick.

One other thing (and this might be the most important thing to look at). Which teams have the three picks in front of you? The teams with the top two picks are sure to not keep their 2nd round picks from last year and give up their top picks (they will want to keep those picks for LT and SA), so that might open up two more good players.

If you think Harrison and Moss are both ranked about where they should be on the Huddle's preseason rankings, I would lean towards keeping Moss over Harrison. You may take a slight downgrade at WR with the 2.9 pick, but you will get a much better WR in Moss than you would with your 8.9 pick, making your overall WR corp better, in my opinion. In other words, I would rather have Roy Williams/Darrell Jackson/Donald Driver coupled with Moss than Harrison and Muhammed/McCardell/Porter. Good luck.

You can keep anybody you want in the league that's on your 2005 Roster. If you keep a player drafted in the first RD i.e. Manning that would cost your first RD pick and your 4th rd pick because you can't lose a higher pick from rd 1.

You can keep anybody you want in the league that's on your 2005 Roster. If you keep a player drafted in the first RD i.e. Manning that would cost your first RD pick and your 4th rd pick because you can't lose a higher pick from rd 1.

Wow. That's a lot to give up for Manning. Sounds like there are going to be a lot of people giving up multiple picks in the first four rounds, which means there will be some pretty good value sliding to you in the 3rd-7th rounds. Like I said, it's a tough decision, but I think keeping Moss would benefit your team more than keeping Marvin. Their difference in value is not a 6 round difference, IMO. Use your first two picks to grab the best two players available, then fill in the gaps in rounds 3-7.

However, before you make a decision, I would break down your entire draft from last year, and try to predict what players will be kept based on their value this year. Once you have done so, you will have a pretty good idea what will be available to you in what round. At that point, you should be able to decide if you can afford to let Harrison go or not. Good luck.

I would keep Moss and lose my 8th rounder myself. IMO that is a excellent value pick. then you can spend your higher picks helping yourself elsewhere.

Here is your choice in a nutshell:

2nd rounder + Moss

or

Harrison + a chump

Also, depending on what round you pick in the first, you might want to keep Rudi too! I would!

You know what you need to do. Go WR in the first round then if possible. I think you will be sitting pretty!

LJ + Rudi + Moss + you still pick in 2nd through the 5th rounds (not too shabby!)

Here is your choice in a nutshell:

2nd rounder + Moss

or

Harrison + a chump

Also, depending on what round you pick in the first, you might want to keep Rudi too! I would!

You know what you need to do. Go WR in the first round then if possible. I think you will be sitting pretty!

LJ + Rudi + Moss + you still pick in 2nd through the 5th rounds (not too shabby!)

See the problem with that is what I said in the first place:We can keep up to 3 players at different positions. You already know who I'm keeping for sure (LJ) and I'm still up in the air over keeping Plummer of not. My question now is how do you guys feel about my WR. Who would you keep? We also have to give up 1 RD higher than last year's draft position, to keep the player this year. (2005 draft 2006 one RD higher)

These are my picks.

These are my picks.

Here is what to do:

1:04 - Open pick

2:09 - Open pick

3:04 - Open pick

4:07 - Open pick

5:04 - Open pick

6:07 - Larry Johnson

7:04 - Open pick

8:07 - Santana Moss

Do not keep Plummer in my opinion...Moss is money as an 8th rounder. Picks 1 through 5 you can simply user the VBD approach. I like the two keepers you have. Good luck!

Here is what to do:

1:04 - Open pick

2:09 - Open pick

3:04 - Open pick

4:07 - Open pick

5:04 - Open pick

6:07 - Larry Johnson

7:04 - Open pick

8:07 - Santana Moss

Do not keep Plummer in my opinion...Moss is money as an 8th rounder. Picks 1 through 5 you can simply user the VBD approach. I like the two keepers you have. Good luck!

SO should I take a QB with my extra 4th RD pick? I do have to 4:07 & 4:09