[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

madden curse ?

Jax Jag

Ive got s. alexander but he's on the cover of madden and I do believe in the madden curse. Im thinking of unloading him for a lower tier young rb and wr. Im in a 8 team league and Im feeling uneasy about my squad. rec. count and so do completions. also its only for this season. heres my team, () are starters:

qb (1) - d. culpepper, j. plummer, b. leftwich

rb (2) - s. alexander, l. johnson, w. parker

wr (3) - s. moss, r. williams, n. burleson, m. muhammad, ma. jones, ma. clayton

te (1) - j. witten, lj smith

k (1) - s. graham

def (1) - chi

Dear God you have Alexander and LJ, who are the other morons in your league??? Anyway, I don't necessarily believe in the curse, so I would take the chance on Alexander. Unless you can get a TOP FLIGHT WR and a decent RB I wouldn't make the trade.

Currently your WR's are OK, not great, but liveable (I think Matt Jones will have a very good year), as are your QB's and TE's. I would be quite content with your existing team unless scoring heavily favors WR's.

2000 cover * (99 season) - b. sanders - Abruptly retired during training camp in 1999.

2001 cover (00 season) - e. george - After regularly averaging nearly 4 yards per carry in his first five seasons and rushing for over 1,300 yards in each one, he averaged only 3 yards per carry and rushed for career lows of 939 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 2001 season.

2002 cover (01 season) - d. culpepper - vikes started 4-7 before losing culpepper for remainder of season with knee injury

2003 cover (02 season) - m. faulk - sub 1000 yard season and hasnt reached 1000 yards since making the cover

2004 cover (03 season) - m. vick - broke leg in preseason game and played in only 5 reg season games

* - Barry Sanders was featured in the background along with John Madden in most versions of Madden 2000.

another reason Im thinking of trying to deal alexander is because I have an average rec group.

k (1) - s. graham

def (1) - chi

Ive got s. alexander but he's on the cover of madden and I do believe in the madden curse. Im thinking of unloading him for a lower tier young rb and wr. Im in a 8 team league and Im feeling uneasy about my squad. rec. count and so do completions. also its only for this season. heres my team, () are starters:

k (1) - s. graham

def (1) - chi

Forget the stupid curse. Just look at Alaxander's stats:

RUSHING ONLY

Years. G GS Att Yards Avg TD

2001 16 12 309 1318 4.3 14

2002 16 16 295 1175 4.0 16

2003 16 15 326 1435 4.4 14

2004 16 16 353 1696 4.8 16

2005 16 16 370 1880 5.1 27

I don't think a running back can get more durable, consistent, and dependable than that. Alexander will be fine.

Edited by TheGrunt

Alexander had too much pie in the offseason and is out of shape. He will suffer some sort of season-ending injury.

Asked if he felt out of shape this year, he looks the camera straight in the eye and says,

"You bet your a$$ I am!"

EDIT: Just hours later, team officials catch up to Alexander in the locker room. One coach, upon losing a dare from the other coaches, surprises Shaun by trapping him and lifting up his joursey. Seconds later Alaxander breaks out with a scandalous grin and eerily claims,

"Look coach! No Belt!"

Edited by TheGrunt

2000 cover * (99 season) - b. sanders - Abruptly retired during training camp in 1999.

2001 cover (00 season) - e. george - After regularly averaging nearly 4 yards per carry in his first five seasons and rushing for over 1,300 yards in each one, he averaged only 3 yards per carry and rushed for career lows of 939 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 2001 season.

2002 cover (01 season) - d. culpepper - vikes started 4-7 before losing culpepper for remainder of season with knee injury

2003 cover (02 season) - m. faulk - sub 1000 yard season and hasnt reached 1000 yards since making the cover

2004 cover (03 season) - m. vick - broke leg in preseason game and played in only 5 reg season games

* - Barry Sanders was featured in the background along with John Madden in most versions of Madden 2000.

another reason Im thinking of trying to deal alexander is because I have an average rec group.

k (1) - s. graham

def (1) - chi

That is too funny. I always heard about the curse, but never gave it much thought.

I guess it is something to think about, but you CAN'T pass up on Alexander if he is still on your draft board and you have the 3rd pick.

I am in a Dynasty and I almost traded Shaun, but I was getting Portis, SJax, Roy Williams, Palmer, and Shockey. I was giving up LaMont Jordan as well.

That's a trade I would probably consider. Maybe not Alexander and LaMont Jordan, but then again, the guys you would receive in return are tier one type players.