[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

Grits and Shins

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how the first 6 picks of my local cheap $50 league went last night. I had the 6th pick :D I would have rather had the 11 or 12, but was pleased with who fell to me. I had it all planned that if S. Jackson was available I would pick him at #6. As it turned out:

1-1 Alexander (Seattle homer)

1-2 LJ

1-3 LT

1-4 P. Manning :D

1-5 Ch. Johnson :D:D

1-6 Tiki :D

I don't blame you Grits. I would have gone for Holt also in rd. 2

my local finally started to learn how to draft in the 1st...the 1st 9 picks were RB...this has never happened before...

the only downfall was I had to draft for someone else....and that person ended up being RIGHT before me...

so I had to pick Ronnie Brown at the 8 spot for them... :D

Just had my draft last night, and the same thing happened two drafties did not take a RB until the 6th round oh my god, but one team ended up with, chad johnson, steve smith, darell jackson, Hines ward... not bad the other ended up with Boldin, Anquan,

Horn, Joe, Johnson, Andre Owens, Terrell, wow nto bad either,

Could I have waited on MBell ... perhaps. I am high on him this year and didn't want to play chicken with him. I wanted him for my RB2 so I took him instead of risking that he wouldn't be there in the next round.

I don't like to handcuff my players either. I like MBell this year and I'm going to roll with him. I did not get Tatem. Tatem was taken in the 9th

I did get the Rhodes/Addai bookends though, but Addai was good value in the 10th

Could I have waited on MBell ... perhaps. I am high on him this year and didn't want to play chicken with him. I wanted him for my RB2 so I took him instead of risking that he wouldn't be there in the next round.

I don't like to handcuff my players either. I like MBell this year and I'm going to roll with him. I did not get Tatem. Tatem was taken in the 9th

I did get the Rhodes/Addai bookends though, but Addai was good value in the 10th

I thought I was playing chicken with waiting on Mike Bell...but I wasn't at all...

someone even referred to him as "the fumbler"....but Portis once fumbled 4 times in a pre-season game in 2002....

not to compare the 2 at all...but Portis was known to fumble his share and Shanny worked around it.....this is why Denver makes RB's like donuts.....they get players to fit their system and they coach them the rest of the way...

much like Coughlin in NY with what he's done with Tiki...

I have my first of 3 drafts tomorrow. It's AGS (B.O.T.H.) and I can't wait!!!!

Anyways, I think you had a good draft Grits. :D Although my girlfriend, who can predict the future, told me to avoid Heap this year.

she's right....and if she said to avoid Shockey, she'd be even more on the money...

she's right....and if she said to avoid Shockey, she'd be even more on the money...

Didn't mention Shockey, but told me not to keep M. Jones. She also told me that Julius Jones will have a monster year. It's not like she gets real indepth, but I'll read her about 12 names per position, the 12 I have targeted, and she'll tell me if she senses bad things for a certain player.

I missed out on a top notch QB and am hoping Favre's soft schedule plays out and McNair is looking good. I'm happy with the RBs and less enthused with my WRs although Holt is a solid #1, Housh is a decent #2 and Coles should catch enough balls to serve as a #3. Very happy to have Heap, Akers and INDY

I was hopng to get those senior citizens in HOT but another geezer took McNair before I could. I got Favre though. During the fantasy playoffs Favre schedue looks good if it doesn't go to week 17 against da bears.

in my draft yesterday, a WR run started late in the first and went all the way to the end of round 2. I had the 3rd overall, and I ended up with LT2, Droughns (wank) Gates and Galloway (double wank) I hated having to grab Galloway, but it was between him and some indonesian janitor or something. :D

Round by round break down

ROUND 1

10 RB

2 WR

ROUND 2

1 QB

4 RB

6 WR

1 TE

ROUND 3

4 RB

7 WR

ROUND 4

1 QB

3 RB

4 WR

4 TE

ROUND 5

3 RB

7 WR

2 TE

ROUND 6

1 QB

4 RB

5 WR

1 TE

ROUND 7

4 QB

1 RB

4 WR

2 TE

1 DF

ROUND 8

4 QB

1 RB

6 WR

1 DF

ROUND 9

5 QB

5 RB

1 WR

1 TE

ROUND 10

1 QB

2 RB

8 WR

1 TE

ROUND 11

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

7 DF

ROUND 12

2 QB

2 RB

2 WR

3 TE

3 DF

ROUND 13

2 QB

4 RB

1 WR

1 TE

3 PK

1 DF

ROUND 14

1 QB

1 RB

3 WR

2 TE

4 PK

1 DF

ROUND 15

1 QB

2 RB

4 WR

4 PK

1 DF

ROUND 16

1 QB

1 RB

6 WR

1 TE

3 PK

Didn't mention Shockey, but told me not to keep M. Jones. She also told me that Julius Jones will have a monster year. It's not like she gets real indepth, but I'll read her about 12 names per position, the 12 I have targeted, and she'll tell me if she senses bad things for a certain player.

sounds like a solid way to build a Championship squad... :D

I think it's some sort of epidemic going around.

Here are the 1st seven rounds in my BOTH Faultline draft

Round 1

10 RB

2 WR

Round 2

5 WR

1 TE

1 QB

5 RB

Round 3

8 WR

4 RB

Round 4

5 WR

2 TE

1 QB

4 RB

Round 5

4 WR

2 QB

3 TE

3 RB

Round 6

6 WR

1 QB

5 RB

Round 7

3 WR

2 TE

2 QB

5 RB

Round 8 still in progress-9 picks and No WR :D

36 WR's in 7 rounds :D

Edited by alchico

What is her record in the past?