[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crunch Time Jitters... Bench R Brown?

The closer we get to kickoff the less comfortable I feel with Ronnie Brown in my starting lineup. I know the NBYS rule and I used a #5 pick on him for a reason, but this is probably going to be the most difficult game fantasy-wise for him all season. Sitting on my bench is Frank Gore with an intriguing matchup with scoring possibilities.

Can someone calm me down and remind me why you never bench your studs?

I understand your thinking (i've got both these guys myself), but I wouldn't do it. They may end up with similar stats this week due to the matchups, but Ronnie just has too much potential to ever bench. Plus he plays for the much better team.

The closer we get to kickoff the less comfortable I feel with Ronnie Brown in my starting lineup. I know the NBYS rule and I used a #5 pick on him for a reason, but this is probably going to be the most difficult game fantasy-wise for him all season. Sitting on my bench is Frank Gore with an intriguing matchup with scoring possibilities.

Can someone calm me down and remind me why you never bench your studs?

Because when you do you end up kicking yourself in the ass. You drafted him for a reason. Remember, no matter WHICH decision you make, it will be the wrong one. lol

am i the only guy NOT sold on Frank Gore this weekend? i have him on my team too....and NO WAY am i putting him in over ronnie Brown...yes, its AZ....but its AZ...at HOME...new stadium......with high scoring offense that could take running game out....! what did any back for SF do last year against AZ? virtually nothing.....seems everyone is huge on Gore against AZ, cept me....oh well.....Im rolling with Ronnie B....may not get 100 but could be good for a score....I think with Big Ben out, Pitt struggles moving the ball and Miami actually wins this one...

I have Gore just you do but I do not have R. Brown and if I had to chose between the 2 I would definately choose R. Brown. San Fran might get behind early with that potent Zona offense and force San Fran to throw more thus taking Gore out of the gameplan.

R. Brown = winner winner chicken dinner

I've got the same problem with Ronnie, except I have Thomas Jones and Gore on my bench. I entertained the thought of starting Jones over Ronnie, but like these fine people said, we drafted Brown high for a reason. I will feel worse if Ronnie has a career day on my bench then if Jones/Gore has one riding the pine.

am i the only guy NOT sold on Frank Gore this weekend? i have him on my team too....and NO WAY am i putting him in over ronnie Brown...yes, its AZ....but its AZ...at HOME...new stadium......with high scoring offense that could take running game out....! what did any back for SF do last year against AZ? virtually nothing.....seems everyone is huge on Gore against AZ, cept me

Honestly i'm too lazy to lookup what the SF running game did against AZ last year, but the fact remains that the Zona D is not that great and generally gives up big points regardless of how much their offense scores. A heck of a lot more than Pitt anyway. Gore should score at least one TD this week, which is probably about what Ronnie will score. Ronnie will probably have more total yards though due to (as you pointed out) SF's running game being put on hold once they get down a couple TD's.

I am starting T. Jones over R brown, it doesn't matter where they are drafted if your gut tells you something ! I don't see brown getting more than 60 yds vs Stillers, while i see T Jones ripping up the Slackers just like he did last year ! I drafted RB in 1 st round and T jones in the 10 th ! Call me crazy , but I play matchups a lot !!!! Look at it this way, it's not like BROWN is exactly a STUD, his high draft position is based MOSTLY on POTENTIAL, but this is not a great POTENTIAL match-up for him !!

Edited by wildbluefan

Honestly i'm too lazy to lookup what the SF running game did against AZ last year, but the fact remains that the Zona D is not that great and generally gives up big points regardless of how much their offense scores. A heck of a lot more than Pitt anyway. Gore should score at least one TD this week, which is probably about what Ronnie will score. Ronnie will probably have more total yards though due to (as you pointed out) SF's running game being put on hold once they get down a couple TD's.

You will be kicking your self in the @rse when Cedric Benson goes in the game and Thomas is left holding a clipboard next to Griese !!!

You will be kicking your self in the @rse when Cedric Benson goes in the game and Thomas is left holding a clipboard next to Griese !!!

Fatman's short response says it all, but I have to ask...what the fu** are you talking about?? The topic was "should I bench Ronnie Brown over Frank Gore" and you respond with some diatribe about Chicago's running game. This isn't rocket science gd74.

I am starting T. Jones over R brown, it doesn't matter where they are drafted if your gut tells you something ! I don't see brown getting more than 60 yds vs Stillers, while i see T Jones ripping up the Slackers just like he did last year ! I drafted RB in 1 st round and T jones in the 10 th ! Call me crazy , but I play matchups a lot !!!! Look at it this way, it's not like BROWN is exactly a STUD, his high draft position is based MOSTLY on POTENTIAL, but this is not a great POTENTIAL match-up for him !!

So, lets hope that T Jones gets 2 tds and more yards this weekend......!

Fatman's short response says it all, but I have to ask...what the fu** are you talking about?? The topic was "should I bench Ronnie Brown over Frank Gore" and you respond with some diatribe about Chicago's running game. This isn't rocket science gd74.

I guess we have to lead a horse to water on this site...... THIS MEANS I WOULD START RONNIE BROWN... geez...some people are so dumb

I guess we have to lead a horse to water on this site...... THIS MEANS I WOULD START RONNIE BROWN... geez...some people are so dumb

TJones guy, your guy will have his shot then he will be looking over his shoulder as Cedric comes prancing in...

As MOST of us told you, DON’T BENCH YOUR STARTERS UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE EVEN WITH SOME BAD MATCHUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Case-in-point last night!

Whoever got QB Pepper might want to start looking on the waivers....HE He He He. Back to his old self—INT, INT, INT, INT, INT