[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bradon Jacobs

Sigalf03

got'em in 2 leagues........ the dude is badass......hope he doesn't get kicked out of a game for all the extra helmets he's tearin off in the process..... :lol:

I loved seeing him on those two plays...the one where he scored the TD & popped the DLs helmet off & then where he hurdled the DB :D. A guy that size shouldn't be able to move like that. I picked him in my dynasty because I have Tiki, it'd be nice to see this bull be his heir. :D

I loved seeing him on those two plays...the one where he scored the TD & popped the DLs helmet off & then where he hurdled the DB :D. A guy that size shouldn't be able to move like that. I picked him in my dynasty because I have Tiki, it'd be nice to see this bull be his heir. :D

I think it was Brackett's helmet he popped off. He's a tough LB, but Jacobs makes him look small.

Perhaps you'd care to share the information you have that contradicts Tom Coughlin's given all the practices, scrimmages, etc. that you've seen.

Sure.

Link

Year Team

2005 New York Giants

Att Yards Avg Lg TD

38 99 2.6 21 7

FUMBLES

Fum Lost

1 1

NYG vs IND Sept 10 2006

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD

B.Jacobs 8 54 6.8 11 1

New York Giants

FUMBLES FUM OWN-REC

E.Manning 1 0

--------------------------------------

CAT Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1st

OWN 1-20 - BY YARD LINE 3 24 8.0 11 0 2

OWN 21-50 - BY YARD LINE 9 62 6.9 21 0 6

OPP 49-20 - BY YARD LINE 11 35 3.2 14 0 4

OPP 19-1 - BY YARD LINE 23 35 1.5 8 8 12

There you go. Glad you asked. 1 fumble in 46 regular season carries.

Also very impressive: 3.33 ypc in predominantly short yardage situations, and 24 1st downs & 8 TDs in 46 career carries. That's one hell of a success rate.

Edited by Bronco Billy

They shot themselves in the foot over and over... between bad penalties killing drives, to the fumble on Eli's awful handoff to Tiki at midfield (led to easy 7 for Indy), to the HORRIBLE call on Tim Carter for offensive PI that ended the game... they looked really sloppy at times.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The only thing I would add is the missed opportunities on defense. So many 3 and longs given up. I think the Colts converted like 4/8 on 3rd down from 10+ yeards. Also, the three dropped picks (Butler, Pierce and Webster to a lesser extent).

There you go. Glad you asked. 1 fumble in 46 regular season carries.

I didn't ask about regular season carries.

I asked what do you know that Tom Coughlin doesn't know that makes you think Brandon Jacobs doesn't have a fumbling problem?

Edited by Vet

Couldn't have said it better myself. The only thing I would add is the missed opportunities on defense. So many 3 and longs given up. I think the Colts converted like 4/8 on 3rd down from 10+ yeards. Also, the three dropped picks (Butler, Pierce and Webster to a lesser extent).

How many times did Manning hit Harrison on 3rd down...unreal

I didn't ask about regular season carries.

I asked what do you know that Tom Coughlin doesn't know that makes you think Brandon Jacobs doesn't have a fumbling problem?

When the game is close or on the line, he gets the goal line carries and short yardage when they need the 2-3 tough yards. If your back has a "fumbling problem " you sure as heck don't put the ball in his hands at that time.

And I responded quite simply by using the evidence that is the most compelling - actual performance in real games.

It kind of like the "why is Wilford successful in JAX?" Matt Jones and Reggie Williams are much sexier in practice - they run faster, they cut faster, they are spectacular athletes. But when the real game starts, the guy who leads JAX in catches and ypc after Jimmy Smith was Wilford. When it comes time to actually perform in real games, Wilford steps up and outperforms the other 2 young WRs in JAX.

Well, when it comes time to actually perform in real games, the data shows us that Jacobs gets the job done - actually with remarkable efficiency.

And I responded quite simply by using the evidence that is the most compelling - actual performance in real games.

It kind of like the "why is Wilford successful in JAX?" Matt Jones and Reggie Williams are much sexier in practice - they run faster, they cut faster, they are spectacular athletes. But when the real game starts, the guy who leads JAX in catches and ypc after Jimmy Smith was Wilford. When it comes time to actually perform in real games, Wilford steps up and outperforms the other 2 young WRs in JAX.

Well, when it comes time to actually perform in real games, the data shows us that Jacobs gets the job done - actually with remarkable efficiency.

Actually, you're right.

Coughlin could have been using whatever interviews I heard to motivate the guy, or whatever. Let's face it, coaches don't view the media as a confessional. They can, and should, use the media to suit their own purposes.

And, although I did see him fumble in a few preseason situations over the past few years, the head coach still has to confidence to give him the ball on the big stage in key situations - so I have no reason to differ.

The guy gets it done, bottom line.

Actually, you're right.

the head coach still has to confidence to give him the ball on the big stage in key situations

Actually, so are you. The only opinion that matters is that of the HC. And if a HC gets it into his head that a player can't help the team on the field, or will hurt it more than help, that player doesn't get onto the field. I think that's the primary reason for players that change teams & blossom - they aren't tied down to previously established biases & prejudices with the new coaches, and so if they have a skill set that makes them competent NFL players they get the shot rather than a coach holding them back for whatever reason - and Coughlin is well known for his personality quirks.

My question is where was this last year? I know Barber's the man but Jacobs looked stiff and slow last year in his limited carries. I'm shocked by what I've seen of him this year.

From what I have read about Coughlin - and this comes from Tiki Barber when he was interviewed about Dayne - Coughlin is unimaginative in short yardage situations to the extreme. Barber & Dayne have both said that the Giants only ran 2 short yardage plays for Dayne, and that opposing Ds were calling out the play that was coming before the ball was snapped. That affects a guy like Dayne more than it does Jacobs - because Dayne's running style despite his size is a 1-cut, quick, downhill running style. Jacobs, on the other hand, runs well going straight into the hole & using his power and mass to succeed when the splits are tighter & the D is bunched up.

That doesn't preclude Jacobs from being nimble & capable off the edge & in the open field - remember, he performed pretty well on an Auburn team that had both Cadillac Williams & Ronnie Brown before he transferred to get more playing time. The guy can catch out of the backfield & is very agile given his size.