[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Weekly Six-Pack

HowboutthemCowboys

This Week's 6-Pack: Orval Trappist Ale

Price: $5.99 for an 11.2 oz. bottle

:D

There are much better Belgian beers out there. Orval (and Duval) are very overrated. If you want to treat yourself, go get a bottle of Delerium Tremens, St Bernardus, Abbaye Des Rocs, or even Chimay Blue. Now THAT's good beer. :D

Yes...I am a beer geek!

He may be running out of beers to critique. Perhaps some of you could help him out by starting a thread on that subject. :D

Believe that he has always received an overabundance of PM's recommending a beer of choice. Also believe that the idea is to try a different beer each week... and not necessarily only the top beer from a particular country or brand.

Don't think he he is looking for people's favorite beer or looking for what everyone believes is the best beer ever.... believe he is offering a variety of tastes and choices to broaden ones beer knowledge and tastes and to get an opinion on that particular weeks beer.

I don't drink beer...but I do find it interesting his weekly choice and critique of said choice along with the feedback he receives. Better than making his weekly choice Bud Light or Coors (which I imagine the majority here swill down) and leaving it at that. LOL

Believe that he has always received an overabundance of PM's recommending a beer of choice. Also believe that the idea is to try a different beer each week... and not necessarily only the top beer from a particular country or brand.

Don't think he he is looking for people's favorite beer or looking for what everyone believes is the best beer ever.... believe he is offering a variety of tastes and choices to broaden ones beer knowledge and tastes and to get an opinion on that particular weeks beer.

I don't drink beer...but I do find it interesting his weekly choice and critique of said choice along with the feedback he receives. Better than making his weekly choice Bud Light or Coors (which I imagine the majority here swill down) and leaving it at that. LOL

I enjoy reading the article every week.I was just blown away that there is a beer that sells for $36 a six pack.

I enjoy reading the article every week. I was just blown away that there is a beer that sells for $36 a six pack.

LOL You get what you pay for? One would assume that you would only need one beer and it would keep you buzzed until at least the night game..... :D

My remarks were not directed at you... I knew what you meant.

I agree with DOLPHZ not the best beer around... I am also a beer geek there are tons of better beers .

I like all of the dogfish beers . but i work for budweiser so i keep bud ice at the house but you will always find more than a handfull of german beer like warstiner reg and dark in my fridge ..

I enjoy reading the article every week.I was just blown away that there is a beer that sells for $36 a six pack.

Ther are beers that cost much more than that. One of my favs, World Wide Stout by Dogfish Head sells for about $12 a 12oz bottle, $72 a six, also by dogfish, 120 Minutes, about $10 per 12oz bottle, and of course theres Sam Adams Utopias (and also, Sam Adams Millenium), about $100 a bottle when it was released, but selling for much more than that now if you can find it.