[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BEARS @ Cardinals THREAD

Goopster24

Anderson clocks Leinart and Brown picks it up for the touchdown.

Urlacher robs Edge of the ball.

The Bears defense fought and never gave up. They won this game for the Bears.

Goop, seriously. Can't you just admit they were in the right place at the right time? the Leinart fumble, yes. great d to get to a rookie qb :D

but after that, they still were down by a ton.

The D did continue to fight. Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee a win. And actually, they lose, and go 5-1 if a)Denny gets a god damned clue and/or b)Rackers gets a god damned clue :D

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be curious to know what the exact rule is for forward progress. You guys are acting like it was five seconds. It was probably two seconds at most and even that is generous. Edge was still fighting like crazy .

when forward progress is stopped. you know, when you STOP GOING FORWARD...such as Edge did. :D

I'd be curious to know what the exact rule is for forward progress. You guys are acting like it was five seconds. It was probably two seconds at most and even that is generous. Edge was still fighting like crazy .

I think his forward progress was stopped, but it really doesn't matter and I don't think it was that bad of a call. Urlacher stripped the ball out so quickly I think that the refs just kind of let the play go. If he doesn't strip the ball out that quick and clean, the refs start blowing their whistles right away.

I think it was a grey area call - the whistle COULD'VE been blown but I don't think there should be a problem with the fact that it wasn't.

I'm pretty sure that I'm on record that with replay, refs should swallow their whistles until the play is DEFINITELY over, and that's what they were doing - I'd guess that the whistle was just about to blow when the ball popped out.

when forward progress is stopped. you know, when you STOP GOING FORWARD...such as Edge did. :D

They should've been blowing their whistles as soon as he got the handoff on just about every carry, then.

I think his forward progress was stopped, but it really doesn't matter and I don't think it was that bad of a call. Urlacher stripped the ball out so quickly I think that the refs just kind of let the play go. If he doesn't strip the ball out that quick and clean, the refs start blowing their whistles right away.

I think it was a grey area call - the whistle COULD'VE been blown but I don't think there should be a problem with the fact that it wasn't.

I'm pretty sure that I'm on record that with replay, refs should swallow their whistles until the play is DEFINITELY over, and that's what they were doing - I'd guess that the whistle was just about to blow when the ball popped out.

for the record, I completely agree with both of you. I'm not saying the Cards got robbed at all. I'm not saying the bears got handed one either. it was a good call on the officials. it could've went either way, but you gotta let it play out. Good for the refs.

BUUUUUT...without the call, the bears lose.

And his legs were still movin'! No knee touched! The refs did the right thing. No question!

And his legs were still movin'! No knee touched! The refs did the right thing. No question!

you can still move your legs and be jumping around and whatever...but when a defender STOPS your forward progress..well...you know where this is going.

but i do agree with you.

Goop, seriously. Can't you just admit they were in the right place at the right time? the Leinart fumble, yes. great d to get to a rookie qb :D

but after that, they still were down by a ton.

The D did continue to fight. Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee a win. And actually, they lose, and go 5-1 if a)Denny gets a god damned clue and/or b)Rackers gets a god damned clue :D

Good teams and good players put themselves in the position to be in the right place at the right time. And I have ALWAYS believed that. Do teams choke? Yes. Did the Cardinals choke? As much as anyone. But I feel like you are saying the Bears were sitting on the bench and all this stuff just magically came to them and they didn't have to work for it all. I'm sorry, as a fan of sports, that is BS.

Good teams and good players put themselves in the position to be in the right place at the right time. And I have ALWAYS believed that. Do teams choke? Yes. Did the Cardinals choke? As much as anyone. But I feel like you are saying the Bears were sitting on the bench and all this stuff just magically came to them and they didn't have to work for it all. I'm sorry, as a fan of sports, that is BS.

I'm not saying that at all. You act like the best defense doesn't have to work for a win. They do. they were getting pwned by a rookie. (maybe a special rookie, but still)

you act like they were completely owning cards and stole that win. No. they didn't. They didn't even come close to owning anyone in this game. The Cards handed them this win. Please don't be a homer. Look at it from a different point of view, and make an observation...that's all I'm asking.

edit: they didn't even come close to owning anyone EXCEPT EDGE in this game.

Edited by LooGie

I'm not saying that at all. You act like the best defense doesn't have to work for a win. They do. they were getting pwned by a rookie. (maybe a special rookie, but still)

you act like they were completely owning cards and stole that win. No. they didn't. They didn't even come close to owning anyone in this game. The Cards handed them this win. Please don't be a homer. Look at it from a different point of view, and make an observation...that's all I'm asking.

Excuse me but I am looking at it from a different point of view. I guess I didn't make myself clear:

The Bears offense was awful today. AWFUL. Grossman? AWFUL.

Their defense played awful at times as well. Leinart was shredding them up early. The Bears began to pressure more though in the second half. The Bears defense showed what they are made of later in that game. They stepped up and made two HUGE plays.

Special teams? Devin Hester is a STUD and Arizona didn't want to defend that. Did they hand them that? Did the Bears not work for that? THEY HAD A SIX POINT LEAD.

You can look at it any way, that defense MADE some plays. Special teams came up HUGE. Dennis Green and the Cardinals? They had this game won, no doubt about it. His play calling and his decision to go conservative killed them.

Edited by Goopster24

Excuse me but I am looking at it from a different point of view. I guess I didn't make myself clear:

The Bears offense was awful today. AWFUL. Grossman? AWFUL.

Their defense played awful at times as well. Leinart was shredding them up early. The Bears began to pressure more though in the second half. The Bears defense showed what they are made of later in that game. They stepped up and made two HUGE plays.

Special teams? Devin Hester is a STUD and Arizona didn't want to defend that. Did they hand them that? Did the Bears not work for that? THEY HAD A SIX POINT LEAD.

You can look at it any way, that defense MADE some plays. Special teams came up HUGE. Dennis Green and the Cardinals? They had this game won, no doubt about it. His play calling and his decision to go conservative killed them.

At least we agree. The defense (and Hester) made some crucial plays, but the plays should've never happened. But on any given sunday, anything can happen, as they say. I'm not saying the Bears didn't deserve this win. I'm not saying ANY OTHER TEAM in the NFL would've won this one. In fact, I'd say, in other team in the NFL would've lost this game. But the Bears are in deed a special breed this year, and I expected them to play that way, and they did. However, they were getting owned, and Green is stupid, and Rackers is a turd, i guess (:huh:)

So, i think we agree, the Cards couldn't have given this game away to anyone else, EXCEPT the Bears. The Bears are special, this year. They never give up. The Cards, well, they aren't happy unless they're pitiful.

At least we agree here. Any other team in the entire NFL leaves that 4th quarter with a loss. The Bears are clearly the best team in the NFL right now, purely due to heart, if not anything else. Right?

DA BEARS 6-0

:bow::doh::lol::bash::fool::(:clap:;):pc::lol::D:brow::bash::pc::lol::tup::D

um..good input. :lol:

Edited by LooGie

At least we agree. The defense (and Hester) made some crucial plays, but the plays should've never happened. But on any given sunday, anything can happen, as they say. I'm not saying the Bears didn't deserve this win. I'm not saying ANY OTHER TEAM in the NFL would've won this one. In fact, I'd say, in other team in the NFL would've lost this game. But the Bears are in deed a special breed this year, and I expected them to play that way, and they did. However, they were getting owned, and Green is stupid, and Rackers is a turd, i guess (:D)

So, i think we agree, the Cards couldn't have given this game away to anyone else, EXCEPT the Bears. The Bears are special, this year. They never give up. The Cards, well, they aren't happy unless they're pitiful.

At least we agree here. Any other team in the entire NFL leaves that 4th quarter with a loss. The Bears are clearly the best team in the NFL right now, purely due to heart, if not anything else. Right?

um..good input. :D

Haha, oh Loogie, we're good. Dennis Green still sucks right? :bash:

Haha, oh Loogie, we're good. Dennis Green still sucks right? :D

Why must you taunt me? Why? I swear to God, you just type his name, and all I see is Red. I want to cut myself and chant "redrum" all night. It really pains me.

I don't even like the Cards, it just hurts the entire NFL to have such a stupid doofus run a billion dollar franchise of any type. God. I'm running a crappy computer tech business while this idiot loses 20 point leads? arrrgh... :D just stop. No more Denny. a;jf;asj;dfjlk;a;fsdafj;s;jdfa;sdf;ak;ljdffkj;sd;fasjkdf;asjkdfl;

edit: EVEN NOW, AFTER READING MY OWN POST, HIS NAME ANGERS ME. I'm not saying this for effect. I'm really angered. I might have to beat my dog or something.

It's the same reason I hate Al Davis and Art Shell. Or Brian Billick for that matter.

Edited by LooGie

Why must you taunt me? Why? I swear to God, you just type his name, and all I see is Red. I want to cut myself and chant "redrum" all night. It really pains me.

I don't even like the Cards, it just hurts the entire NFL to have such a stupid doofus run a billion dollar franchise of any type. God. I'm running a crappy computer tech business while this idiot loses 20 point leads? arrrgh... :D just stop. No more Denny. a;jf;asj;dfjlk;a;fsdafj;s;jdfa;sdf;ak;ljdffkj;sd;fasjkdf;asjkdfl;

edit: EVEN NOW, AFTER READING MY OWN POST, HIS NAME ANGERS ME. I'm not saying this for effect. I'm really angered. I might have to beat my dog or something.

It's the same reason I hate Al Davis and Art Shell. Or Brian Billick for that matter.

I bet you popped a blood vessel on that one.

you said they played great in the 2nd half. They didn't. Leinart drove on them like Montana. This is the bears defense. And he blew through them. Shredded them, actually.

One strip after forward progress is not called, isn't "playing hugh" and like you said, without it, they lose. :D

Loogie, will you just S-T-F-U? Pretty much every Bears fan on these boards has already said the Bears didn't play well tonight and we all know the Cards choked, but here's a few facts for you:

1. The first Bears TD was caused by an outside rush that caused a Leinart fumble that was picked up and run in. Denny Green did not cause that.

2. The second Bears TD was the result of a great effort to strip the ball from an RB who was still moving. The Bears did that, not Denny Green.

3. The third Bears TD was a great punt return. Denny Green did not cause that, either.

So - the Bears DT/ST rose to the occasion magnificently. What Green DID do was screw up the playcalling, if indeed it was him making the calls but the Bears created those three TDs, none of them were handed to them on a silver platter.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Loogie, will you just S-T-F-U? Pretty much every Bears fan on these boards has already said the Bears didn't play well tonight and we all know the Cards choked, but here's a few facts for you:

1. The first Bears TD was caused by an outside rush that caused a Leinart fumble that was picked up and run in. Denny Green did not cause that.

2. The second Bears TD was the result of a great effort to strip the ball from an RB who was still moving. The Bears did that, not Denny Green.

3. The third Bears TD was a great punt return. Denny Green did not cause that, either.

So - the Bears DT/ST rose to the occasion magnificently. What Green DID do was screw up the playcalling, if indeed it was him making the calls but the Bears created those three TDs, none of them were handed to them on a silver platter.

Well, to be fair the 2nd one was quite questionably handed to them by the refs with a non-whistle. But who's counting?

Well said man! :D

Well, to be fair the 2nd one was quite questionably handed to them by the refs with a non-whistle. But who's counting?

He was still trying to move forward, as well he might. It's only a few short years ago that everyone was whining about early whistles, let 'em play blah blah and now this? :D

everyone EXCEPT the person I was debating against. he did say they played bad, but wans't admitting that the cards handed a win to them. Sure, the DEF played good when the oppurtunities were there. Big whoop. That's what a good defense is supposed to do.

They're also not supposed to let a rookie drive all over them and basically have his way with them, much less drive down for a game winning FG. He's a rookie, and maybe he's special, but he's still a rookie. Period.

1. The first bears TD was completely by the bears doing, and a great defensive play. good job. that still left them down by 2 scores. They got a turn over off a rookie QB. Great, but expected.

2. The second bears td was a result of a great effort to strip the ball from a player who had been told to run the ball when the run game just wasn't working. at all. Is it safer to run? sure. Was it working, no. Was it a better call here, even without the strip. I don't think so. However, Edge didn't practice his fundamentals and tried to fight, when it was obvious that he wasn't going anywhere. The refs could've called the forwad motion, but they shouldn't have. If they do, the bears lose. If Edge hits his knee, the bears lose, but that didn't happen. Good, the best D in 20 years is still playing hard. I would hope so. But it could've went either way. It didn't, and with good cause.

3. The 3rd TD was a great punt return. Yup. I have really nothing to add, except the Cards pretty much watched him run by. Hey, that's what happens when great teams face crappy teams. They earned those 3 tds. But 2 of them should not have happened.

Leinart, the rookie, against the best defense in the galalxy drives. And drives well, with all passing plays. The running plays, nothing, zip. zero. Soooo....they hit FG range, and...call 2 running plays? They go no where, and Rackers misses.

Sure, Denny didn't cause the miss, but he did cause it to 4th and whatever at the whatever when they could've probably, gotten another first down and maybe a TD, or at least closer for a chip shot.

So....Rackers puts it through, and they win. So, that's 3 ways right there that the cards handed the bears this win.

No other team could've made those key plays when it mattered, but no other team but the cards could've given up those keys plays when it mattered. No other team would've won. Great. Your DEF made a few nice plays in the 4th, only one being against a rookie QB. :D I guess you should be proud.