[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cabo San Lucas

twiley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twiley, my wife and I were just there from 10/14-21. The weather was perfect, low 90s every day with low humidity.

A few tips:

1. If you plan on leaving the resort a lot, rent a car. We used Advantage. Unless you're very close to Cabo, cab fares can add up quickly.

2. Go on an ATV tour. We used Baja. My wife was a little itimidated at first, but she opened her up once we got out to the beach. Now she wants to do it again!

3. Take the $6 (each) glass bottom boat out to "The Arch". It's a short ride out and it's really sweet. Have them drop you on "Lover's Beach" for an hour or for a couple of hours. It's cheap and definitely a cool site to visit.

4. Try the restaurant Mi Casa in Cabo. Everyone we talked to recommended it for Mexican food. It has an outdoor setting and the food was excellent.

Hope you have a great trip!

soop

Must see and do list when in Cabo. Go to Sammies and actually eat there if Dustin is still the chef. Hisbandsareusually top notch and know Sammy in some way shape or form.

Have a couple few drinks at the Gigglin' Marlin and at El Squid Row. Get your picture taken upside down at the Marlin. Eat at Carlos and Charlies, fresh pico de gallo made tableside along with your steak. Have a large margarita at Margaritaville.

The fishing is substandard compared to a few other cities in Mehico. Tome it has been somewhat fished out and now only smaller sized fish are being caught. A travesty for sure. The snorkling is great out by the arches and Lover's Beach. The sand falls are one of the few "have to" dive spots in the friggin' world. Ol Jacques even was totally impressed by them.

Rent a car and drive the forty some miles to Todo Santos and see the original Hotel California. Town is quiet and full of artists. If going there stop at Surfers Paradise and catch a few even if just body surfing. Rent ATV's and check out the side beaches etc.

Tell all comers that bother you from the second you step off the plane you did not bring a credit card with you so you can't go to their so called 90 minute timeshare presentations.

Talk to a taxi driver(union batages) and get them to be at your "service" for a little extra dinero. Get their card and call them before you will need them. Cabo used to be a sleepy fishing village, now the tourism industry has made it into a rat race at times. Unfortunate indeed. Oh yeah if you like golf, hit Cabo Real or Cabo Del Sol. Both expensive,but both are great tracks.

Have fun, buy your own ice and if staying at a place with a kitchenette bring some food along also(very easy to do) ask your travel agent.

twiley, my wife and I were just there from 10/14-21. The weather was perfect, low 90s every day with low humidity.

A few tips:

1. If you plan on leaving the resort a lot, rent a car. We used Advantage. Unless you're very close to Cabo, cab fares can add up quickly.

2. Go on an ATV tour. We used Baja. My wife was a little itimidated at first, but she opened her up once we got out to the beach. Now she wants to do it again!

3. Take the $6 (each) glass bottom boat out to "The Arch". It's a short ride out and it's really sweet. Have them drop you on "Lover's Beach" for an hour or for a couple of hours. It's cheap and definitely a cool site to visit.

4. Try the restaurant Mi Casa in Cabo. Everyone we talked to recommended it for Mexican food. It has an outdoor setting and the food was excellent.

Hope you have a great trip!

soop

:D

According to the resort map we are about a 1/4 mile from the marina if that tells you how close we are to Cabo.

:D

According to the resort map we are about a 1/4 mile from the marina if that tells you how close we are to Cabo.

You are very close to Cabo "proper" The Office is another good place to have a drink and has some excellant tortilla soup, also Gilligan's of which you are close to both.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

You are very close to Cabo "proper", what is the name of the resort you staying at? The Office is another good place to have a drink and has some excellant tortilla soup, also Gilligan's of which you are close to both.

The Playa Grande Resort

Cabo still has great fishing... they are doing more catch and release instead of "boating" all the Billfish. Bisbee's is going on right now, which is the world's richest tourney; preceeded by another tourney last week. I think this year they have more than 5 million in prize money! I can always dream, but the Blue I had earlier this month would have got me a cool million + in last years tourney and second place... :D maybe my fellow Huddler's can sponsor my $5,000 entry fee and charter a boat for me next year!! :D

Bisbee's

What's cabo "proper"?

Cabo is a tale of two cities spaced about 20 miles apart with a lot of resorts popping up on every friggin' cliffside between them. Should cost you about $40 just to get from the airport to San Lucas, airport being near the mother city and the taxi unions. Unless of course the Grande has a shuttle or you make a deal for a free ride in return of just 90 minutes of your time from some other resort(hint, don't do it)

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Hold on here, that might not be a bad idea. :D

Odd's are better than the lottery... and of course Huddlers would have to be appointed on the boat as First Tequila mate, Bier mate, etc.. Several others would be in charge of the on shore fun and games! Sort of a Mexican version of a WCOFF week.

Cabo still has great fishing... they are doing more catch and release instead of "boating" all the Billfish. Bisbee's is going on right now, which is the world's richest tourney; preceeded by another tourney last week. I think this year they have more than 5 million in prize money! I can always dream, but the Blue I had earlier this month would have got me a cool million + in last years tourney and second place... :D maybe my fellow Huddler's can sponsor my $5,000 entry fee and charter a boat for me next year!! :bash:

Bisbee's

granted Cabo used to be the place in Mehico for billfish, key word here used to be. Until they quit boating 100 lb or less marlins it will stay that way. For my money Manzanilla and/or Mazatlan have more fish both in size and species. I've been in quite a few billfish tournies in and around the greater Mexico area, sadly not brisbee's :clap: Though in those types of tournies the entry fee is the small cost in the grand sceme of it all. You better own a $300,000+ boat just to stay up with the comp :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Odd's are better than the lottery... and of course Huddlers would have to be appointed on the boat as First Tequila mate, Bier mate, etc.. Several others would be in charge of the on shore fun and games! Sort of a Mexican version of a WCOFF week.

Dibs on the "drunk mate" :D

I was there earlier in the year and stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. A great resort and we had an 1100 square foot room.

Suggestions for food:

Dinnner - Mi Casa

Lunch- the Office

Edited by mitpdub