[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Classic Ricky.

DemonKnight

From Fanball.

Dolphins: Ricky to return to Canada?

11/07/06 10:32 AM

THE NEWS

Ricky Williams said recently that he would consider returning to the Canadian Football League next season rather than applying for reinstatement to the NFL. "I'll have to talk with my family and Coach Saban to really see what the best decision is for me," Williams told the USA Today. "As of right now, it doesn't exist. Nothing does, except today. I could die tonight." Williams remains under contract with the Dolphins through the 2008 season, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Our View

Assuming he didn't die last night, Williams would be eligible to apply for reinstatement into the NFL after serving his mandatory one-year suspension for violating the substance abuse policy for the fourth time. Nick Saban has continued to state his desire to have two running backs – and has shown his reluctance to go with just one by mishandling Ronnie Brown all season – so the Dolphins would no doubt welcome him back if he decides to go the NFL route next year.

Funny stuff. I hope he stays in Canada or goes to another NFL team to be a full time back. The last thing we need is another RBBC.

Maybe he likes it up there and wants to keep one job before quitting and getting another. He would make a lot more down here though.

I believe the vet minimum here is a lot more than he makes up there.

He'll probably come here.

Does the CFL have a drug-testing policy? Could be his #1 reason for staying up there.

(KFFL) Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports CFL RB Ricky Williams will honor his agreement with the Miami Dolphins and return to the team in 2007. "Ricky promised the Dolphins that he'd return and the whole project of him signing with the Argonauts was predicated on him being released at the end of the year. Ricky is having a wonderful time in Canada; it's a less intrusive brand of football, but his status hasn't changed," said Williams' agent Leigh Steinberg. He said that Williams would be unable to return to the Argonauts next year because the two leagues run concurrently.

As a Canadian that enjoys the NFL and CFL, I'd like to say that Ricky sucks. He hasn't done much up here ...

Really...

This sounds pretty good up until breaking his arm.

2006: Week 1, started at RB in first regular season CFL game (17/06/06) and generated 121 all-purpose yards (97 rushing)…Week 2, started at RB vs Winnipeg…Week 3, started at RB in B.C. and led all players with 97 yards rushing (LG 31) and recorded his first CFL touchdown (30/06/06)…Week 4, started at RB vs Winnipeg…Week 5, started at RB but left game in second quarter after fracturing his left forearm…Week 6, did not play vs. B.C. due to injury…Week 7, did not play due to injury…Week 8, did not dress due to injury…Week 9, did not dress due to injury.

Ricky is staying in Canada for the "BC bud"! :D

Seriously, talk about how he can make more $$ in the U.S. is not an issue to him. He walked away from his fat contract with the 'Phins a few years ago when he could have made good money in order to make his "weed of the world" tour, and he's a pot addict who will just get tossed out again if he comes back to the NFL. He's not coming back to the U.S. until his playing days are over.