[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison

heydave76

It's hard to work up sympathy for that azz. I was less than 100 feet away when he purposely ended Trent Green's career with the Rams in a PRESEASON GAME.

And in SI when he was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by the NFL players in a landslide, this was his response:

"I'm not dirty. I'm a hard-nosed football player. I play to the whistle. I'm not going to be your friend. I don't want to go to parties with you. I don't need you. But at the end of the game I'll pat you on the butt and say, 'Good game.' Guys think that I'm dirty because I play football the old-school way."

Jackazz.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to work up sympathy for that azz. I was less than 100 feet away when he purposely ended Trent Green's career with the Rams in a PRESEASON GAME.

And in SI when he was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by the NFL players in a landslide, this was his response:

"I'm not dirty. I'm a hard-nosed football player. I play to the whistle. I'm not going to be your friend. I don't want to go to parties with you. I don't need you. But at the end of the game I'll pat you on the butt and say, 'Good game.' Guys think that I'm dirty because I play football the old-school way."

Jackazz.

oh my god...what a horrible response...i hope he dies

people get all weepy and nostalgic for gridiron throwbacks like dick butkus who did FAR FAR FAR worse intentional things to other players on the field than harrison could ever do in a million careers...and they give butkus a big, fat bust in canton...and yet harrison's some kind of villain.

asinine. :D

people get all weepy and nostalgic for gridiron throwbacks like dick butkus who did FAR FAR FAR worse intentional things to other players on the field than harrison could ever do in a million careers...and they give butkus a big, fat bust in canton...and yet harrison's some kind of villain.

insert political analogy here ___________________________________________________

:D

Look, I usually don't care about homerism, football just wouldn't the same without it. But cheering for injuries just isn't cool no matter what lame ass justification you try to apply to it. Very, very weak. :D

whatever.

I don't root for injuries to players except guys like Rodney Harrison. Just the way it is.

Exactly. They cry about dirty play then go home to watch violence on the tv! People need to get over themselves. Go take a class on ceramics. Stop watching football.

You know d@mn well that Butkus would never get away with that crap today. Same goes for "Night Train" Lane and his clothesline tackles. The league has changed and that type of play is no longer acceptable. Comparing those two eras is completely "asinine." :D

I have a ton of respect for Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, Seymour, and many other members of the Patriots defense who play the game physically, but CLEANLY. Rodney Harrison is not one of those players.

Did anyone see the piece they did on Rodney Harrison with Kenny Mayne after he was voted the dirtiest player? It was a comic skit with several NFL players. Rodney Harrison said people think he's dirty, but really for every fine he gets he gives to needy children.

Tom Brady said "If breaking my leg will build a new school, then I say let's build the biggest, best school there is.

Another player said, "It looks like he's leading with his head but really he's leading with his heart."

It was the funniest sketch I've seen Mayne do.

Exactly. They cry about dirty play then go home to watch violence on the tv! People need to get over themselves. Go take a class on ceramics. Stop watching football.

Got a favorite team?

Do they play the Patriots much?

Do you get to see the guys you root for repeatedly hit late/dirty by Rodney Harrison?

It gets old.

Edited by CaptainHook

I have a ton of respect for Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, Seymour, and many other members of the Patriots defense who play the game physically, but CLEANLY. Rodney Harrison is not one of those players.

I'm sure you've made all their days.....now, get back to work. I need a fall cleanup, many leaves to rake so get your azz up here Swerski and clean my yard! You little bidge!! :D

I'm sure you've made all their days.....now, get back to work. I need a fall cleanup, many leaves to rake so get your azz up here Swerski and clean my yard! You little bidge!! :D

:D You are incredibly clever.

BTW, how was the game Sunday?

Edited by CaptainHook

:D You are incredibly clever.

BTW, how was the game Sunday?

oh, you brought some help.....well your both going to have to split the $5/hour. Maybe we should call you Capt George Jefferson.....movin' on up!! :D

Nah, I think I'll stay here and continue my recombinant DNA experiments.

I'm sure that your buddy Ugly Tuna would be more than willing to come over and rake leaves around your mommy and daddy's house.

For you Harrison-haters, Packers S Leroy Butler's career was ended by a similar injury - if the break is too near a nerve, he may have to retire.

Harrison tore up Green's knee in the 1999 pre-season...

2000 St. Louis RamsRecord: 10 - 6 - 0Head Coach: Mike Martz Trent Green		  |  8 | 145 240  60.4 2063  8.6 16  5 |  20   69  1 

....:D

To change topics....

Do you guys think that the loss of Harrison will effect the Pats D? In what way will it effect the game against the Jets? Will the running D be worse off and L.Washington might have a good game? Will it effect the passing game? What do you think the long term effects will be? The D had been playing pretty well as of late, and putting up decent FFB points.

Discuss...

Nah, I think I'll stay here and continue my recombinant DNA experiments.

What are still trying to figure out who's your daddy???

Heres a little hint....get up here you little d0uchebag and rake my yard!! :D