[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate to ask but...

Swashbucklers

I know you shouldn't veto any other players trades because they chose to make them but here is the scenario. Standard performance scoring with no ppr.

Team A (record 8-1) gets:

SJax and Crumpler

Team B (record 2-7) gets:

Dunn and KWII

In our scoring system, SJax is the #3 RB and Crumpler is the #1 TE.

Is this collusion?

I know you shouldn't veto any other players trades because they chose to make them but here is the scenario. Standard performance scoring with no ppr.

Team A (record 8-1) gets:

SJax and Crumpler

Team B (record 2-7) gets:

Dunn and KWII

In our scoring system, SJax is the #3 RB and Crumpler is the #1 TE.

Is this collusion?

KWII has to be the #2 TE in your league. Dunn may not be up to SJax level, but the passing game in ATL is an anomaly, and he will get those numbers back.

That being said, it IS a little lopsided, but not blantant enough to raise a ruckus, IMHO.

Edited by cre8tiff

Is it collusion?

Did they conspire in secret?

I sense you sarcasm, but they are both merchandisers that have some of the same stores and run across each other often, so it may have been done secretly! I know it was done outside of the framework of our league homepage!

Looks lopsided, but not ridiculous. If you are the commish, I'd just call each one and ask for their reasons for the trades.

If you aren't the commish, I'd simply send a message to the commish expressing your concerns and ask him to ensure the trade was on the up and up and to please keep an eye out for anything funny later in the year.

The best way to handle these is to not have them in the first place. The best way to do that is to be in a league with guys with ethics. If someone violates the basic trust of the league, then don't invite them back.

We kicked two guys out a few years ago. While we couldn't prove collusion, they were just too shady and it caused too much turmoil, so we kiced them out for the sake of league harmony and have moved on.

There are many easier scenerios than this one where the trade involves a QB for a RB etc. but this one they are trading for the same positions. Team 1 is the only one gaining in my opinion, and how convenient being in first. Seems like team 2 is just going along with the trade. How do you prove anything though, that's the problem.

We had something like this go down in my league a few years ago. One team gave away a bunch of "better" guys to another team with both coaches talking up how they were going to do a lopsided deal to load up another team. We vetoed the original trade and eventually had to negotiate a "fair" trade between the teams.

Neither coach is in the league any longer with both leaving because of their issues with the trade.

Happy to see them go!

If I were you, I would call the team out of the playoffs and ask them what they are hoping to gain out of this trade. If their answer is unsatisfactory, tell them you'll let the trade through but highly doubt you'll be asking him back next year.

We had something like this go down in my league a few years ago. One team gave away a bunch of "better" guys to another team with both coaches talking up how they were going to do a lopsided deal to load up another team. We vetoed the original trade and eventually had to negotiate a "fair" trade between the teams.

Neither coach is in the league any longer with both leaving because of their issues with the trade.

Happy to see them go!

If I were you, I would call the team out of the playoffs and ask them what they are hoping to gain out of this trade. If their answer is unsatisfactory, tell them you'll let the trade through but highly doubt you'll be asking him back next year.

+1

To me the guy I would want out the most is the 2-7 guy.