[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help with a commish issue.

slickvick

I commish my league and am playing the only 8-1 team in the league this week.He missed the draft due to a medical emergency so another owner drafted for him.He has not gotten on the site yet due to computer issues.He does not call in his lineup and I have been setting his lineup on a weekly basis.I have for the most part left his lineup alone other than covering bye weeks with his bench players.His team as follows.

McNabb

Westy

L.Jordan

Roy Williams

D.Driver

Witten

Broncos

Elam

I have used this lineup for him all season other than Fred Taylor to cover bye weeks and 1 week when Jordan did not play due to injury.My issue here is Taylor has a better match-up this week than Jordan.I have tried to contact him to see what he wants to do and cannot get a hold of him.If I do not here from him should I put Taylor in or leave his lineup as is?I feel as if I should leave it alone because he does not make the effort to call in his lineup and this is what has been his starting lineup all season.I am very conflicted here any help would be appreciated.

It seems your virtually in control of his team, so if your gut is telling you Taylor is the better start, I'd put him in. No sense stopping the decisions now. I'd continue to set his best available line up regardless if your playing him.

That is the issue here.I have started these 8 other than bye weeks and injury issues.Why should it change now?I have not considered match-ups at all.I do not want to run his team,but have had no other choice because he does not communicate.

Tough call. You've made unsolicited moves for him earlier in the season which maybe you shouldn't have. If this guy expects to get paid for having a winning team at the end of the season, then he needs to make some effort to manage his team. If he can't (due to some personal reasons, medical emergency, etc.) then he needs to forfeit control of the team entirely including any claims on possible winnings. If he doesn't do that, then his team should be left alone even if that means his best players are sitting on the bench due to his own inattendance.

Tough call. You've made unsolicited moves for him earlier in the season which maybe you shouldn't have. If this guy expects to get paid for having a winning team at the end of the season, then he needs to make some effort to manage his team. If he can't (due to some personal reasons, medical emergency, etc.) then he needs to forfeit control of the team entirely including any claims on possible winnings. If he doesn't do that, then his team should be left alone even if that means his best players are sitting on the bench due to his own inattendance.

I understand what you are saying,but the moves have not been unsolicited.The 8 starters are are his first 8 draft picks.I plugged in players to cover bye weeks and injurys that is it.Being he has not done anything to run his team since probably week 3 or 4 I have kept it very simple to be fair to all playing him.The only reason I have an issue this week is because I am playing him and do not want to be open for criticism if Taylor blows up and Jordan lays an egg.

You could ask another owner in the league what his thoughts are on the lineup.

As a commissioner you need to make sure that there is no hint of impropriety in your decisions. The last thing you want is a bunch of owners thinking that you put in a weaker lineup because you were playing that team...

Best of luck....

I understand what you are saying,but the moves have not been unsolicited.The 8 starters are are his first 8 draft picks.I plugged in players to cover bye weeks and injurys that is it.Being he has not done anything to run his team since probably week 3 or 4 I have kept it very simple to be fair to all playing him.The only reason I have an issue this week is because I am playing him and do not want to be open for criticism if Taylor blows up and Jordan lays an egg.

If you have never played matchups for him and only covered injuries and byes, why should you start now?

I agree with e-mailing the other owners today, so they know of your plans - which are very fair, IMO. Sounds like you have been consistent all season, and have not swapped in Taylor for Jordan in other situations (surely he has had one or two better matchups this season against others, right?), so leaving it alone is entirely the right way to handle it.

One thing from your post...you said:

I have for the most part left his lineup alone other than covering bye weeks with his bench players.

If you HAVE done anything on your own other than what you said (the for the most part is my question...) then this is not so cut and dried. So, if you have done exactly what you said and not done something else at all during the season, you should be fine to proceed as you say. If somebody argues with that, then they are not being realistic. Good luck to you.

I agree with e-mailing the other owners today, so they know of your plans - which are very fair, IMO. Sounds like you have been consistent all season, and have not swapped in Taylor for Jordan in other situations (surely he has had one or two better matchups this season against others, right?), so leaving it alone is entirely the right way to handle it.

One thing from your post...you said:

I have for the most part left his lineup alone other than covering bye weeks with his bench players.

If you HAVE done anything on your own other than what you said (the for the most part is my question...) then this is not so cut and dried. So, if you have done exactly what you said and not done something else at all during the season, you should be fine to proceed as you say. If somebody argues with that, then they are not being realistic. Good luck to you.

Not once have I played a match-up for him.Just like I said the same line-up other than bye weeks and injury concerns.

You could ask another owner in the league what his thoughts are on the lineup.

As a commissioner you need to make sure that there is no hint of impropriety in your decisions. The last thing you want is a bunch of owners thinking that you put in a weaker lineup because you were playing that team...

Best of luck....

I agree K.A.B.

You're in a no-win situation. If you leave it alone or switch it, you're going to be second guessed.

I would send an email to the rest of the league that you are recusing yourself due to a conflict of interest in this game and have one person make the decision.

By the way, he should have absoultely NO BEEF with the decison either way it goes. If he does, tell him to make the decisons himself. :D The ones that may or may not have a gripe are the ones that are affected by the outcome of this game, one way or the other.

Leave it as it is. Your situation is very tough because you're playing this guy but the standing lineup should continue as it has. Email the whole league and tell them what is going on.

Oh yeah - you need a new owner for 2007.

I agree. Do what you have all season and get a new owner. You could get one this season and boot him out too. I would submit a vote to the league unless the rules prohibit replacing him.

Screw it. He owes you one for drafting his team and setting his lineup weekly. DOes this guy live in the dark ages? Why has he been awol for 8 weeks (or more likely 10)? :D

Best thing to do would be to send out an e-mail to the league and get someone else to set the lineup for the week. I would start with the commish/deptuy commish.

Either a) Do what you've done all season (that's consistency-no one could argue, and it has him 8-1 so far)-this what I would do.....

Or, b ) Assign the deputy commish (if you have one) or one of your most active owners to handle this week entirely as they see fit. Can't argue with that either

And replace the guy who isnt running his tream ASAP in either case

Edited by Snoil