[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is BACK!

alexgaddis

Thought you were told to go back to your room junior?

But since you insist on sticking your nose in, while the grown ups are talking...

Heath Shuler, Rick Mier, Akili Smith, Cade McClown etc...etc...etc... are all standing next to Leaf.

I agree. And vick is standing there with them all holding hands and singing kum-bay-ah.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petty semantics. If you look at Vick's career as a whole (as Grits pointed out with his stat total) you cannot help but realize that he is a HUGE disappointment.

Yeah, I hear the Falcons are hugely disappointed with him. After all, he's only led them to the first ever playoff defeat of Green Bay at Lambeau field in the entire history of the NFL.

And the Falcons really hated it when he led them to within a game of the Superbowl.

Your comments are ignorant, biased & useless. Your arguments in your posts, are not even your own. They are only echos of other peoples posts. Now go crawl back under your rock somewhere & let the grown ups discuss this, until you actually have something of substance to bring to the table. :D

Yeah, I hear the Falcons are hugely disappointed with him. After all, he's only led them to the first ever playoff defeat of Green Bay at Lambeau field in the entire history of the NFL.

And the Falcons really hated it when he led them to within a game of the Superbowl.

Your comments are ignorant, biased & useless. Your arguments in your posts, are not even your own. They are only echos of other peoples posts. Now go crawl back under your rock somewhere & let the grown ups discuss this, until you actually have something of substance to bring to the table. :D

Nice. Such anger. And you think the what your posting is substative? Your so full of yourself you can't even think straight. Get off your high horse and debate with facts, not emotion. The fact that you have 8 TV's and 300 computers does not make you some kind of expert. What it does is make you some kind of anti-social geek. Get out of your parents house and go do something with your life.

Nice. Such anger. And you think the what your posting is substative? Your so full of yourself you can't even think straight. Get off your high horse and debate with facts, not emotion. The fact that you have 8 TV's and 300 computers does not make you some kind of expert. What it does is make you some kind of anti-social geek. Get out of your parents house and go do something with your life.

:D:bash::D

Hey BS1 ... did you watch every snap that Ryan Leaf took in the NFL?

If not how can you say he sucked?

He can't. I'm afraid we've lost him. He's resorted to name calling and character assasination. All of your stats and facts have pushed him over the edge.

Did you know that when Michael Jordon took over the game when he was playing for the Bulls that the Bulls almost always lost the game. Why? Because basketball is a team sport and he wasn't getting his team involved in the game. It was not optimal for MJ to do it all himself. It was most optimal when MJ was a leader on the court and distributed the ball around ... this turned out to be key to the Bulls dynasty while MJ was there.

So when Vick takes over the game and runs for a ton of yards because of his inability to read defenses and pass the ball he is taking his team out of their game. His job is to run the offense not run the ball. When he runs the ball the offense is not running well.

Did you know that when Michael Jordon took over the game when he was playing for the Bulls that the Bulls almost always lost the game. Why? Because basketball is a team sport and he wasn't getting his team involved in the game. It was not optimal for MJ to do it all himself. It was most optimal when MJ was a leader on the court and distributed the ball around ... this turned out to be key to the Bulls dynasty while MJ was there.

So when Vick takes over the game and runs for a ton of yards because of his inability to read defenses and pass the ball he is taking his team out of their game. His job is to run the offense not run the ball. When he runs the ball the offense is not running well.

Very Well put.

His job is to run the offense not run the ball. When he runs the ball the offense is not running well.

There you go again Pinochio. Showing that ignorance. To begin with, Vick has shown much less of a tendency to just tuck & run. Also the Falcon's have designed running plays specifically for Vick & as the play is called, so it is run. It's the Zone Option since it seems you've been living under a rock this year. In Vicks case, it IS his job to run the ball, as often as not.

But lets take a closer look at your statement of how when Vick runs the ball, the offense is not running well.

First, as explained above, this statement shows an extreme lack of comprehension of Knapps basic design for the Atlanta offense on your part.

Second, the number of games Vick has helped the Falcons win with his running, is in the double digits.

But you're right. Despite Atlanta's offense being specifically designed by Knapp, to take advantage of Vick's natural running ability, it's not Vick's job to run the ball :D

Unfortunately for Falcons fans, that's the most impressive win he's had. "Oh, we beat Green Bay in Lambeau!" "And that won you what, exactly?"

There you go again Pinochio. Showing that ignorance. To begin with, Vick has shown much less of a tendency to just tuck & run. Also the Falcon's have designed running plays specifically for Vick & as the play is called, so it is run. It's the Zone Option since it seems you've been living under a rock this year. In Vicks case, it IS his job to run the ball, as often as not.

But lets take a closer look at your statement of how when Vick runs the ball, the offense is not running well.

First, as explained above, this statement shows an extreme lack of comprehension of Knapps basic design for the Atlanta offense on your part.

Second, the number of games Vick has helped the Falcons win with his running, is in the double digits.

But you're right. Despite Atlanta's offense being specifically designed by Knapp, to take advantage of Vick's natural running ability, it's not Vick's job to run the ball :D

How does it show an extreme lack of comprehension? Because you say so? How do you substantiate your claims that the games he won has been in double digits. Is it 10? Sure, I guess I can believe that. Once again you throw out all kinds of statements with no basis in facts. All you have is insults and put-downs. All those TV's and computers have done you no good. I'd go get my money back on them if I were you.

Unfortunately for Falcons fans, that's the most impressive win he's had. "Oh, we beat Green Bay in Lambeau!" "And that won you what, exactly?"

No way is that the most impressive win Chavez.

Remember the game a couple of years back when Vick beat the Panthers while levitating from 10 yards out until he floated across the Goal Line for the game winning TD? Now that was far more impressive to me.

Regardless, considering the Falcons have been to the playoffs two out of his 4 years starting, coming within a game of the Superbowl one of those years & he's still young, I see plenty of good times ahead Chavez.

Yes I will agree that Knapp has had to specially design an offense for Vick because Vick has been unable to run an NFL offense; i.e. he can't read defenses and check down through his WRs and can't throw the ball. I will agree that there are plays specially designed for Vick to run because they have given up all hope that he will ever be able to drop back, read the defense, and check down through his WRs.

They aren't taking advantage of Vick's "natural running ability" as much as they are compensating for his inability to run an NFL offense.

And please do tell ... how can you say Ryan Leaf sucks as a QB if you didn't watch his every play? How can you say Walter Payton was a great RB if you never saw him play?

Edited by Grits and Shins

Yes I will agree that Knapp has had to specially design an offense for Vick because Vick has been unable to run an NFL offense; i.e. he can't read defenses and check down through his WRs and can't throw the ball. I will agree that there are plays specially designed for Vick to run because they have given up all hope that he will ever be able to drop back, read the defense, and check down through his WRs.

They aren't taking advantage of Vick's "natural running ability" as they are compensating for his inability to run an NFL offense.

And please do tell ... how can you say Ryan Leaf sucks as a QB if you didn't watch his every play? How can you say Walter Payton was a great RB if you never saw him play?

It's so obvious it's amazing.

They aren't taking advantage of Vick's "natural running ability" as they are compensating for his inability to run an NFL offense.

Except of course Vick called out Knapp for running too predictable an offense and openly lobbied for him to open it up.

So what happens?

The Pitt & Cincy games. But of course that was someone else in Vick's uniform, because according to you Vick can't do what Vick did in those games :D:bash::clap:

Gee, besides seeing his play, I don't know why I would think Leaf sucks as a QB Blitz. Perhaps it's because he's prematurely out of the NFL after being given chances with multiple teams? :D

Nahhhh...that couldn't be it :tup::doh::huh:

As far as Walter goes, I didn't get to watch much of his career, as I was overseas for most of it. Believe it or not, American football is little more than a curiosity to most of the world.

However, I did get to watch Walter during the Bears 1985 Superbowl run and if he played his early career like he did that year, no doubt he was a great RB. Plus I don't think anyone can rack up as much yardage as he did, on what were some apparently lackluster teams and it be a fluke.

Kinda like how some fairly average Falcon teams, in terms of overall offensive talent, have done pretty well the years Vick has been their starting QB.

It's a little like elementary school math Blitz. 2 + 2 = 4

The Pitt & Cincy games. But of course that was someone else in Vick's uniform, because according to you Vick can't do what Vick did in those games

Vick can do what he did in those two games obviously. The real question is why he can't do it for FOUR games or SIX games or god forbid the bulk of SIXTEEN games.

Except of course Vick called out Knapp for running too predictable an offense and openly lobbied for him to open it up.

So what happens?

The Pitt & Cincy games. But of course that was someone else in Vick's uniform, because according to you Vick can't do what Vick did in those games :D:bash::clap:

Gee, besides seeing his play, I don't know why I would think Leaf sucks as a QB Blitz. Perhaps it's because he's prematurely out of the NFL after being given chances with multiple teams? :D

Nahhhh...that couldn't be it :tup::doh::huh:

As far as Walter goes, I didn't get to watch much of his career, as I was overseas for most of it. Believe it or not, American football is little more than a curiosity to most of the world.

However, I did get to watch Walter during the Bears 1985 Superbowl run and if he played his early career like he did that year, no doubt he was a great RB. Plus I don't think anyone can rack up as much yardage as he did, on what were some apparently lackluster teams and it be a fluke.

Kinda like how some fairly average Falcon teams, in terms of overall offensive talent, have done pretty well the years Vick has been their starting QB.

It's a little like elementary school math Blitz. 2 + 2 = 4

LOL ... so YOU are allowed to extrapolate from the limited plays you have seen of Leaf and his stats that he sucked. YOU are allowed to extrapolate from the limited play of Payton that you have seen and his stats that he was great.

But WE are not allowed to extrapolate from the limited play we have seen of Vick and his stats that he sucks. No ... in order to fully understand Vicks supreme qualities as a QB we have to watch every single play.

:lol:

So with Patyon it is 2 + 2 = 4 ... but with Vick is is NOT 2 + 2 = 4.

And yes we know you will cherish those 2 games for all time ... well ... because it is about all you got.

:(

Romo has 3 starts in his career AND 3 good games! ;)

Vick can do what he did in those two games obviously. The real question is why he can't do it for FOUR games or SIX games or god forbid the bulk of SIXTEEN games.

Because Vick runs the plays that are called. Knapp had been running one of the NFL's most unfriendly passing offenses. Great running offense, but crappy passing offense.

Also, if Lelie & Jenkins hadn't dropped those two TD's yesterday, ignorant Blitz wouldn't have had a reason to bump this thread :D

Not saying Vick played his best game yesterday by any means, because he didn't. But it IS a team game, despite what the Vick haters want to think.

In fact from the ignorant Vick haters like Blitz, whenever the Falcons have a good game & win all I hear is that the Falcons won it in spite of Vick, not because of Vick.

However when the Falcons loose, according to the haters it's ALWAYS because Vick did this, or Vick did that :D:bash::clap:

Because Vick runs the plays that are called. Knapp had been running one of the NFL's most unfriendly passing offenses. Great running offense, but crappy passing offense.

Also, if Lelie & Jenkins hadn't dropped those two TD's yesterday, ignorant Blitz wouldn't have had a reason to bump this thread :D

Not saying Vick played his best game yesterday by any means, because he didn't. But it IS a team game, despite what the Vick haters want to think.

In fact from the ignorant Vick haters like Blitz, whenever the Falcons have a good game & win all I hear is that the Falcons won it in spite of Vick, not because of Vick.

However when the Falcons loose, according to the haters it's ALWAYS because Vick did this, or Vick did that :D:bash::clap:

Knapp has been running "one of the NFL's most unfriendly passing offenses" because he lacks a QB that can run a passing offense.

:tup:

Always a sign you are losing your argument ... when you resort to name calling.

Yes I understand you believe that Vick sucks because:

He has no WRs

He has no offensive line

He has no coach

He has no defense

He has a hard schedule

He was abused as a child

His mother hated him

He is black and has been oppressed by the white man all his life

Clearly it is everybody else's fault that Vick sucks ... yes, yes I see that now.

:doh:

However when the Falcons loose, according to the haters it's ALWAYS because Vick did this, or Vick did that :D:D:bash:

I blame Vick for the wins just as well as I blame him for the losses. I'm an equal opportunity blame assessor!

Always a sign you are losing your argument ... when you resort to name calling.

I never called you a name Blitz, I only said you were ignorant & blindly biased regarding Vick and you are. :tup:

Lets review some of your pearls of wisdom in this thread so far.

You've acknowledged that a QB rushing is a vaible weapon...

...but then said it's ineffective :D

You've said that Vick's rushing hampers the Atlanta offense...

...but then acknowledged that Knapp has specifically designed Atlanta's offense, to take advantage of Vick's rushing :D

You've acknowledged that a QB's rushing stats are meaningful in relation to other QB's aka Young & Elway...

...but in your proposed bet, QB rushing stats are suddenly no longer meaningful and should not considered :bash:

You say Vick can't read a defense...

...but you can't explain how Vick surgically dismantled both the Steeler & Cincy D's :clap:

As I said a long time ago in this thread, your :doh: is ;)

:huh::lol::(