[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Campbell Named Starter For Washington

Primetime9287

Why throw a rookie out there? To get him "battle-tested"? Bullcrap.

This seems like a way to appease the fans, but it could stunt whatever recovery could be brewing in Washington for years to come.

Campbell's not a rookie, he's been standing on the sidelines for 26 regular season games and one playoff disaster...not exactly a trial by fire by any means. And this 'battle-testing' you speak of???...how else do you determine if someone can play at the NFL level? Practice squad? pre-season?...looks pretty good so far with Romo...

And all-in-all, watching Brunell has become very painful...not just for Redskins fans but fans of the game in general...he can't throw a ball further than 5-10 yards with much accuracy and he looks like he's dying out there. Maybe he can join Theismann in the booth or better yet, take his place... :D

Campbell's not a rookie, he's been standing on the sidelines for 26 regular season games and one playoff disaster...not exactly a trial by fire by any means. And this 'battle-testing' you speak of???...how else do you determine if someone can play at the NFL level? Practice squad? pre-season?...looks pretty good so far with Romo...

And all-in-all, watching Brunell has become very painful...not just for Redskins fans but fans of the game in general...he can't throw a ball further than 5-10 yards with much accuracy and he looks like he's dying out there. Maybe he can join Theismann in the booth or better yet, take his place... :D

It kind of hurts because brunell is such a good guy and a very professional guy when he speaks to the press. I like him a lot but his time has come to retire and maybe get a job as a coach or something.

What I like too is he has yet to act like a bledsoe about this.

I feel bad for him to a point but he is old. He did us good last year and I thank him for his time he put into the team but it's time to move on.

gee whiz, this is a shocker........ If I was a Skins homer I would be effin pissed off from day 1 of training camp. Brunell, obviously done towards the end of last year as my #1.... followed by an unproven J Campbell as the backup - flat out garbage. It is amazing to me, supposed knowledgable football people actually thought Brunell was gonna get it done and win some football games. Obviously a lot wrong with this team, but at least give your squad a fighting chance at QB. Ridiculous

gee whiz, this is a shocker........ If I was a Skins homer I would be effin pissed off from day 1 of training camp. Brunell, obviously done towards the end of last year as my #1.... followed by an unproven J Campbell as the backup - flat out garbage. It is amazing to me, supposed knowledgable football people actually thought Brunell was gonna get it done and win some football games. Obviously a lot wrong with this team, but at least give your squad a fighting chance at QB. Ridiculous

Brunell is just 1 guy..if he was the teams only problem they would be heading into the playoffs. they got many problems on defense.

Brunell is just 1 guy..if he was the teams only problem they would be heading into the playoffs. they got many problems on defense.

Good info here.

MANY problems on defense. They went from top 5 last year to bottom 5 now. I am not sure any QB could have made any difference given that swing.

Doc, thanks for pointing that out to me..... I thought Brunell was going both ways this year and playing some free safety, my bad.

No sh1t, my point being, be moving forward at QB with someone who can make some plays, and the team has some confidence in, can make all the necessary throws on the field, especially since the Skins have some nice weapons on O. Gurantee you SMoss,the rest of the WR is bitchin to their boys all year about Brunell not being able to make the deep throws......

Yeah don't own him. He plays for the redskins. Which means over the next 5 years he will:

1. Throw for more Ints than TDs

2. Prolly get benched in week 3 of next season for some other QB that we draft in the up coming 2007 NFL draft after we trade away all of our draft picks for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and the entire DC area gives up their 1st born children to get a pick in the 3rd round.

3. Most likely start 2 games this year and die just because we are the worst ever team in the history of the NFL after the re-alignment.

4. Do really well and get bench for Warren Moon coming out of retirement to lead the skins back to their glory days.

5. Get traded for another white safety that we pay 30million for and does nothing.

6. Follow the rest of the team and get arrested

I wouldn't touch a redskins player with Spain's d1ck.

Sounds like you have finally seen the light Cliaz :D

Little harsh maybe but pretty right on

Yeah don't own him. He plays for the redskins. Which means over the next 5 years he will:

1. Throw for more Ints than TDs

2. Prolly get benched in week 3 of next season for some other QB that we draft in the up coming 2007 NFL draft after we trade away all of our draft picks for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and the entire DC area gives up their 1st born children to get a pick in the 3rd round.

3. Most likely start 2 games this year and die just because we are the worst ever team in the history of the NFL after the re-alignment.

4. Do really well and get bench for Warren Moon coming out of retirement to lead the skins back to their glory days.

5. Get traded for another white safety that we pay 30million for and does nothing.

6. Follow the rest of the team and get arrested

I wouldn't touch a redskins player with Spain's d1ck.

The Redskins remaining schedule looks ugly on paper too. This will be a rough stretch for Campbell.

sweet, send in the rook. if the skins get a really high pick, they have to swap first rounders with the broncos, correct?

i LOVE trading with the skins :D

Nope. The only way 1st rounders are swapped is if the skins have the 21st pick or later. Not gonna happen. The Broncos made the trade to insure they received the equivalent of a high 3rd rounder according to the draft chart. A high 3rd rounder is worth about 250 points.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

So don't get too excited. It looks like you will get our 3rd in 07' and 4th in 08'.

Nope. The only way 1st rounders are swapped is if the skins have the 21st pick or later. Not gonna happen. The Broncos made the trade to insure they received the equivalent of a high 3rd rounder according to the draft chart. A high 3rd rounder is worth about 250 points.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

So don't get too excited. It looks like you will get our 3rd in 07' and 4th in 08'.

best info i could find on the particulars of the trade was here:

The exact compensation Denver receives will not be determined until after the season. There are four possibilities, based on the draft-value chart NFL teams use.

The scenarios are: The two teams exchange first-round picks, in which the Broncos would make a huge jump up the round; the teams flip-flop their first-rounders and the Broncos get a fourth-rounder in 2008; the teams flip-flop their first-rounders and the Broncos get a third- rounder next year; or the Broncos get a third-rounder in 2007 and a fourth-rounder in 2008.

to me that seems to conflict with your "21st pick or later" assertion. i dunno, who's got a better link?

edit: ok, here's a better link:

The result? The Broncos will receive one of four deals from the Redskins:

Scenario 1: The Broncos and Redskins exchange first-round picks next year. This is if the Broncos are lower than the Redskins in the first round and the difference in slots is roughly equivalent to an upper third-round pick.

Scenario 2: The Broncos and Redskins exchange first-round picks and the Broncos receive the Redskins' fourth-round selection in 2008. "There's a little bit of risk there on both sides," Sundquist said. "If Washington falls real high in the draft order, then it's higher; if it's lower, it's below what our value was, but at the same time, we got a pick."

Scenario 3: The Broncos and Redskins exchange first-round picks and the Broncos receive the Redskins' third-rounder next year. "That's if the gap between the picks is even less," Sundquist said, adding it could be anywhere from one to five selections based on where the selections reside in the first round.

Scenario 4: The Broncos get the Redskins' 2007 third-rounder and 2008 fourth-rounder.

"The best we can do -- in my personal opinion -- is move up 11 slots in the first round having won the Super Bowl," Sundquist said.

Edited by Azazello1313