[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buckhalter TD ruled a McNabb Pass

gowdemon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the game stats on nfl.com under the scores for last week...McNabb has 2 TD's and 257 yards.

McNabb game stats nfl.com

What is odd about that, if you look at McNabbs Passing yards it says 257...but if you add:

RECEIVING

REC YDS TD LG

D. Stallworth 6 139 1 84

C. Buckhalter 1 55 1 55

R. Brown 2 38 0 20

B. Westbrook 3 37 0 17

L. Smith 1 8 0 8

Totals the old 227 number...? Just wondering.

What is odd about that, if you look at McNabbs Passing yards it says 257...but if you add:

RECEIVING

REC YDS TD LG

D. Stallworth 6 139 1 84

C. Buckhalter 1 55 1 55

R. Brown 2 38 0 20

B. Westbrook 3 37 0 17

L. Smith 1 8 0 8

Totals the old 227 number...? Just wondering.

actually totals 277 :D

they forgot to subtract 20 yards and 1 reception from reggie brown.

CBS now has it listed in the FAQ's on the "Help" page. They say that your commissioner must manually adjust the scoring.

Yes, here is Sportsline's reply

"Occasionally the NFL will make an official scoring change a day or more after games are played. If we receive their scoring change by the end of the day on Tuesday, we will update the site (anything we receive after that will not be included).

In Football Commissioner leagues, the commissioner can include scoring changes that are made on Wednesday or later by using the “Adjust Scoring” feature at the bottom of the Scoreboard/GameCenter page. For commissioners that wish to adjust the scoring to include the NFL’s change on Wednesday for the Eagles/Redskins game, the official information is as follows:

The Elias Sports Bureau reviewed film of the Redskins-Eagles game and changed the ruling on a TD by Correll Buckhalter from a 37 yard Offensive Fumble Recovery TD (off of a reception and fumble by Reggie Brown) to a 55 yard passing TD from Donovan McNabb. The following stats have changed as a result:

• Donovan McNabb: from 222 passing yards to 257 passing yards.

• Donovan McNabb: from 1 passing TD to 2 passing TDs.

• Correll Buckhalter: from 1 own fumble recovery for 37 yards and a TD to 0 fumble recoveries.

• Correll Buckhalter: from 0 receptions to 1 reception for 55 yards and a TD.

• Reggie Brown: from 2 receptions for 38 yards to 1 reception for 18 yards"

Yes, here is Sportsline's reply

"Occasionally the NFL will make an official scoring change a day or more after games are played. If we receive their scoring change by the end of the day on Tuesday, we will update the site (anything we receive after that will not be included).

In Football Commissioner leagues, the commissioner can include scoring changes that are made on Wednesday or later by using the “Adjust Scoring” feature at the bottom of the Scoreboard/GameCenter page. For commissioners that wish to adjust the scoring to include the NFL’s change on Wednesday for the Eagles/Redskins game, the official information is as follows:

The Elias Sports Bureau reviewed film of the Redskins-Eagles game and changed the ruling on a TD by Correll Buckhalter from a 37 yard Offensive Fumble Recovery TD (off of a reception and fumble by Reggie Brown) to a 55 yard passing TD from Donovan McNabb. The following stats have changed as a result:

• Donovan McNabb: from 222 passing yards to 257 passing yards.

• Donovan McNabb: from 1 passing TD to 2 passing TDs.

• Correll Buckhalter: from 1 own fumble recovery for 37 yards and a TD to 0 fumble recoveries.

• Correll Buckhalter: from 0 receptions to 1 reception for 55 yards and a TD.

• Reggie Brown: from 2 receptions for 38 yards to 1 reception for 18 yards"

Although it's not an issue in my sportsline league, I think that's pretty lame, b/c it just leads to contraversy. it was a TD, they should change it.

Although it's not an issue in my sportsline league, I think that's pretty lame, b/c it just leads to contraversy. it was a TD, they should change it.

Its probably how their software is set up. If it were easy, i'd imagine them to do so, but they probably have it set up to store on back up servers, so a change like this may require them to resave all their data again.

At least they should post it on all the leagues main page.

I'm fairly certain that CBS Sportsline's stats went final this morning. They don't make adjustments after the fact.

This has been the case in the past. As Co-commish in our Sportsline league of 5 years, we have had to manually adjust scoring changes as, stated above, adjustments are not made after the fact.

By adjusting the score in a CBS league, I wonder if the league standings will update themselves. Don't they run the stats every night?

When you manually adjust the scoring, it is immediate.

I just went in and did this for our local, our rules state any stat changes for the previous weekend's games by week's end gets enforced. After the next weekend's games start, it is frozen.

Changed the outcome in my local for one game.

Edited by Gunther

I don't know about all of this... seems a it subjective to me. I watched the game and it clearly was not a TD for McNabb. That was a fumble and recovery by Brown...Fanball has not updated either...

It really doesn't matter what you think anymore, time for speculation has passed, IT'S OFFICIAL !

Their arguement is that the game is over, you can't go back and use instant replay and change the outcome of a game in the real NFL, you shouldn't do it in our league either.

I have seen the scorers credit the wrong guy with catches or yards. That is just a typo by a civilian and it seems they would not want that changed either??? :D