[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite Christmas CD's

Atlanta Cracker

I prefer a "claymation" Christmas ...

Rudolph, Frosty & Friends

Windows Media Real Audio 1. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Burl Ives

Windows Media Real Audio 2. Frosty The Snowman - Jimmy Durante

Windows Media Real Audio 3. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - Fred Astaire

Windows Media Real Audio 4. First Toymaker To The King, The - Joan Gardner

Windows Media Real Audio 5. No More Toymakers To The King - Paul Frees

Windows Media Real Audio 6. Put One Foot In Front Of The Other - Mickey Rooney Keenan Wynn

Windows Media Real Audio 7. Silver And Gold - Burl Ives

Windows Media Real Audio 8. Jingle Jingle Jingle - Stan Francis

Windows Media Real Audio 9. There's Always Tomorrow - Janet Orenstein

Windows Media Real Audio 10. We're A Couple Of Misfits - Billie Richards/Paul Soles

Windows Media Real Audio 11. Most Wonderful Day Of The Year, The

Windows Media Real Audio 12. Holly Jolly Christmas, A - Burl Ives & The Chorus

Windows Media Real Audio 13. Little Drummer Boy, The - Vienna Boys Choir

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So THAT'S who that is (I assume it's the one I'm thinking of). First time I heard that I was kinda going wtph and lmao @ the same time.

Actually, just so you get it right... that song is a duet with Wild Man and Dr. Demento. :D

As far as Grandma getting run over.... my wife and the grandkids loved it..... :D

It got a little old after the 10 millionth time.

As about 90% of them do. LOL

I can handle it since Christmas music is only played about 26 days a year in my house. No Christmas music before the 1st of December and no Christmas music after Boxing Day.

Don't have time now to read through all these, so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat:

The Rat Pack Christmas Collection - Frank, Dean and Sammy at their best, IMHO...

Edit: Harry Connick Jrs' ability to channel Sinatra is uncanny, BTW. I often can't tell them apart...

Edited by Coffeeman

As about 90% of them do. LOL

lol - I hear you but not like that one. I never want to hear that one again ever.

I can handle it since Christmas music is only played about 26 days a year in my house. No Christmas music before the 1st of December and no Christmas music after Boxing Day.

With you....I think, no fn idea what "boxing day" is. I can handle it from about 1 Dec to Christmas. Day after Christmas I don't want to hear it at all.

Edit: Harry Connick Jrs' ability to channel Sinatra is uncanny, BTW. I often can't tell them apart...

Then you need music and/or voice lessons. :D

I really like Connick and he can be incredible and all, but he's no Sinatra and never will be.

Then you need music and/or voice lessons. :D

I don't need to learn how to sing - I just want to listen! Do you mean that somehow by taking lessons, I'd learn how to better differentiate the two voices when I hear them? You may be right on that, but I'm not that into it...

• 1 year later...
Hey for all you Adult Contemporary Folk/Orchestral fans...

Sufjan Stevens just released a 4-disk Christmas set.

I'll definitely pick that up. I've been listening to the crap out of Seven Swans recently.

i've got that, and it's a bit misleading. it's a 5 CD set, but it's a total of like 90 minutes of music. each cd is only around 20 minutes. it's pretty good though if you like sufjan.

The Carpenter's "Christmas Portrait" album that came out in 1978 is a classic and should be in every Christmas music collection. Karen Carpenter's voice on "The Christmas Song", "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas", "I'll Be Home For Christmas", "Merry Christmas, Darling", "Silent Night", and "White Christmas" is incredible. I listen to that album every year.

yep that is my favorite album

Here are a few others that are constantly rotated in the 6 cd changer at home

Carpenters - Christmas Portrait

Anne Murray - My Christmas Favorites

Trisha Yearwood - Sweetest Gift

Kenny G - Wishes

Kenny G - Faith

Kenny G - Miracles

There are a few more that get roated in...but those are my favorites...

That's gotta be pretty annoying.

i understand why they released it that way....they were 5 EPs that he recorded privately and sent out to friends and such different years. but yeah it is kind of annoying as far as listening. and anyone who bought it thinking they were getting 5 hours of music would have to be annoyed as well.

Anyone picked up anything new for this year? I must say that several of the suggestions from this thread last year are now part of the regular rotation!

Now that I have spent the last year recording my LP's onto my computer I have listened to a bunch of Christmas albums that I had forgotten I had and also noticed some really good songs that I didn't mention last year...... like what is probably one of the best Christmas songs of all time - Mary's Boy Child by Boney M.

The Album Joy to the World by the Morman Tabernacle Choir is a great one to start Christmas day.

You could follow it up with Snoopy's Christmas by The Royal Guardsmen and then finish the morning with every Christmas song ever sang by Nat Cole.