[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos O-line = Dirty Bassturds

McBoog

This was part of the :D about LT. An overlooked and unbpublicised side note to the Charger/Bronco game.

Defensive end Igor Olshansky was fined $10,000 by the NFL and Broncos center Tom Nalen was fined $25,000 for their incident Sunday. Nalen dived at Olshansky's knee on a spike play late in the game and Olshansky retaliated by punching Nalen twice. Olshansky was ejected.

If you saw the game, you saw Igor lose it on Nalen, he was flagged and ejected, probably rightfully so.

BUT, upon futher review... Nalen gets fined more than twice than Olshansky for his actions that were overlooked by the field refs. When I saw the play BEFORE replay, I went nuts and I was sure the flag was going to be on Nalen. He took a dive at Igor's knees, ON A yumpING SPIKE PLAY! This how they have played and been coached for years, and The League is too Rosie O'Donnell to do anything about it. A lot of what they do is "leagal" within the rules, but it is HOW and WHEN they apply these techniques that pisses people off.

This is at least a little vindication.

BTW, this can't be a "whining thread", the Charger won! :D

Edited by McBoog

I don't think a one-game suspension is in order, but I wish the league could bench someone for a quarter or something...since there are several coaches that will do nothing about it (see Joe Gibbs in DC with Sean Taylor's behavior).

I don't think a one-game suspension is in order, but I wish the league could bench someone for a quarter or something...since there are several coaches that will do nothing about it (see Joe Gibbs in DC with Sean Taylor's behavior).

Follow the examples of hockey and rugby and introduce a "sin bin". That would definitely get the coaches attention.

I wonder if diving at his knees, which I don't agree with, was in retaliation to the punch that Igor threw into Cooper Carlisle's kidney's a few plays earlier??? Cooper is listed on the injury report as "back". I haven't seen video, but it has been mentioned on the NFL Network a few times.

I don't think a one-game suspension is in order,

A one-game suspension is exactly what should have happened. I'd much rather see Koren Robinson and Antonio Bryant catch a TD while high on cocaine and booze next year than see this punk dip$hit end someone's career with an intentional cheap shot.

Edited by bushwacked

You gotta be kidding me with this!! Defensive players do all sorts of crazy crap on those spike and kneel plays, where are the fines and suspensions then?? The play probably warranted a fifteen yarder on Nalen, but anything beyond that was ridiculous. From experience, I can tell you I would have been nothing as a lineman without the cut block. A good cut block is the best weapon you have as far as slowing these freaks down a bit.

You gotta be kidding me with this!! Defensive players do all sorts of crazy crap on those spike and kneel plays, where are the fines and suspensions then?? The play probably warranted a fifteen yarder on Nalen, but anything beyond that was ridiculous. From experience, I can tell you I would have been nothing as a lineman without the cut block. A good cut block is the best weapon you have as far as slowing these freaks down a bit.

Agreed... But that was not a "good" cut block!

All the spitting, punching and "extras" that goes on in the trenches does not EVER validate going after a guys knees on a trash down. The play was over, and no matter what excuses they make for the guy, EVERYONE else on that team played a spike play!