[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the bears

crispirons

when they were undefeated people had pointed to this road trip as being an indicator of how good they are. the giants were shorthanded in the game against us. i don't think it would have mattered much even if they were at full strength. in the second meadowland game, we shutout the jets in what really was a pretty boring game. now, we are down to the patriots. should be the best game of the week. if grossman avoids the turnover bug, the bears could/should dominate this game. whats your thinking?

I like the Pats to crush Grossman this week.

thats why i asked the question in the first place. seems like alot of people favor the pats in this one. i don't think lovie lets the team rest on there laurels. even thought going 2-1 on the roadtrip would be excellent, if grossman can avoid the picks, i think the bears personnel matches well against the patriots. no predictions here, but i see the bears squeaking out a win.

I gotta agree with spain - NE will have Grossman so confused he'll think he's Kyle Orton.

But the REAL matchup in this game is the Bears defense vs Tom Brady. If Brady can perform at his normal high level vs their D and put up some points, NE wins.

At the risk of sounding like I'm hedging, a low-scoring game favors the Pats - it means Chicago's offense isn't making plays; a high-scoring game means that Grossman is playing effectively vs NE's D and they are in trouble.

I think New England wins on their home field, though.

The Pats had a two game losing streak for the first time in years and promptly annihilated Green Bay to get back on track. This Bears - Pats match up could conceivably be a Superbowl rehearsal. I think it'll be close but the Pats will get the win because they need it more.

One wrinkle.....I understand the Pats have just replaced the grass with turf. The Bears play on turf all the time and the new surface might be an advantage to them - that said, the Pats have lost 3 out of 5 at home on their mudheap, so they'll probably be glad to see the back of it.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

when they were undefeated people had pointed to this road trip as being an indicator of how good they are. the giants were shorthanded in the game against us. i don't think it would have mattered much even if they were at full strength. in the second meadowland game, we shutout the jets in what really was a pretty boring game. now, we are down to the patriots. should be the best game of the week. if grossman avoids the turnover bug, the bears could/should dominate this game. whats your thinking?

Come on now. In the 2nd half the Giants D got tired from lack of depth. If the Giants had Strahan, Umenyiora, & Tuck on the defensive line and Emmons, Short, & Arrington at LB they would have had a lot better depth and could have stayed fresh all game. Not to mention with all of those players they would have had a much better pass rush all game. Watching that game, the Giants dominated the entire first half. In the second half, the Giants D was tired and the Bears took advantage of that and poor special teams play by the G-Men. You really think it wouldn't have mattered much if the Giants didn't have half of their starting defense on the sidelines that day including the 2 starting defensive ends in last years Pro Bowl? I think you're nuckin' futs!

if grossman avoids the turnover bug, the bears could/should dominate this game.

if grossman can avoid the picks, i think the bears personnel matches well against the patriots. no predictions here, but i see the bears squeaking out a win.

So which is it, dominating or squeaking out?

They have a chance. As mentioned, a lot depends on Rexy! I think the 'D' matches well against Brady and hopefully Johnson fills Manning's shoes. If the Bears, minimize their penalties, win the TO's and the 'D' scores, BEARS WIN! If not, it's the Pats.

So which is it, dominating or squeaking out?

well, there is that contingency on the turnovers. i can't predict those. i think the bears win outright as a 3.5 pt dog. isn't that good enough for you? or do i have to say something outlandish like the bears beat the pats 104-3?

i like the fact that joe q. public (dirty sanchez, spain, chavez, most other people) think the pats are going to win and most think handily. needless to say, the bears moneyline will be getting some action from me on sunday. don't be surprised if the bears bring the brooms to foxboro.

Keep in mind it's the first game with the newly installed FieldTurf. It was a rush job installation too because the natural grass they had was that bad. :D

How odd you should say that.....

One wrinkle.....I understand the Pats have just replaced the grass with turf. The Bears play on turf all the time and the new surface might be an advantage to them - that said, the Pats have lost 3 out of 5 at home on their mudheap, so they'll probably be glad to see the back of it.

:D

Oh, and Brady is something ridiculous like 19-1 on turf...

I think the new turf is an equal disadvantage to the teams potentially, as it's brand new turf that's not been used. Doesn't that stuff take some time to settle, etc? I think I read that it's slipperier when it's brand new.