[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collusion? What do you think?

I'm Rick James Bitch

I am in a Dynasty league that keeps 12 players and has an 18 player roster. This is the first year and the champion wins only $200 this year. Next year it's $500 and $1000 the year after that.

I am likely out of the playoffs and just made a trade with the #1 seed that was vetoed by league vote (less than 12 hours later, with no chance for an explanation from us). I have made other trades without a problem. The #1 seed also happens to be my brother in law. I did this trade to better my team in the long run and feel it would have done that.

The #1 seed wants to win it all this year but is hurting for a QB and I want to build for the future.

He gets;

Carson Palmer and Thomas Jones

I get;

DeAngelo Williams and Donavan McNabb

How do you guys feel. Does this look like collusion, or jealousy by others.

:D:D:bash:

First off, get out of a league where trades are voted on...no one should tell another owner how to run their team.

To your point, nothing wrong with this deal...the others should stop whining and begin to look for a new owner next year since you're about to tell them where to go!

Edited by The Wolf

First off, get out of a league where trades are voted on...no one should tell another owner how to run their team.

To your point, nothing wrong with this deal...the others should stop whining and begin to look for a new owner next year since you're about to tell them where to go!

agreed.

I like your end of the trade as far as dynasty goes, but the trade is fair enough. Does there have to be a legitimate reason for an owner to veto, or can they veto without justification (in other words, in their own self interest)?

Either way, abandon the league. Wait - ask for your dues back & then abandon the league. That's a disgrace by all owners who voted for the veto.

wow that is bullchit, no way that trade should not go through. i would ask each and every league member who "voted" against the trade what their justification is for doing so. this is something i would definitely make a stink about, and if it doesn't get changed i would suggest bailing on that league full of clowns.

Does there have to be a legitimate reason for an owner to veto, or can they veto without justification (in other words, in their own self interest)?

The league bylaws have no explanation or reasoning for a veto. Just a 48 hour waiting period. It's a Yahoo league and all you do is click on the "veto this trade" button. :D I don't even know which teams vetoed.

Trading in dynasty is a tricky thing. I think trade deadline should be like week #10 to avoid possibility of looking to next year and improving another playoff team so drastically. Put more money into a 2nd tier playoff so that bottom teams can play for something.

yeah, you got to move that trade deadline back.

Trading in dynasty is a tricky thing. I think trade deadline should be like week #10 to avoid possibility of looking to next year and improving another playoff team so drastically.

Thats exactly the problem. Still bs though - if its dynasty and the league rules stupidly allow trading this late, this is what is to be expected.....

Trading in dynasty is a tricky thing. I think trade deadline should be like week #10 to avoid possibility of looking to next year and improving another playoff team so drastically. Put more money into a 2nd tier playoff so that bottom teams can play for something.

I agree with a trading deadline in a dynasty league - week 10 or 11 seems to be a pretty solid standard.

I completely disagree with a 2nd tier playoff. The whole point of a dynasty league is to look to the future while you are playing in the present, and judge between which is more important to you. There should be no incentive for teams to play for the current year - sometimes abandoning the current year to build for the future is not only viable but desirable.

What pisses me off so much is I built this team to compete in year 2 and beyond from the very start. The $1,000 prise in year 3 is why I want this trade so bad. The #1 seed has Tiki, Lamont, and Ahman. Without DeAngelo to fortify his RB core, his teams future looks bleak. He is my ultra competitive brother in law and the reality is their is NO ONE I would rather beat. Couldn't be farther from collusion

wow that is bullchit, no way that trade should not go through. i would ask each and every league member who "voted" against the trade what their justification is for doing so. this is something i would definitely make a stink about, and if it doesn't get changed i would suggest bailing on that league full of clowns.

Agreed. Demand some kind of justification for the veto, and when noone can offer any (because obviously there is no justification for this veto) then let them know that you won't stand for their BS, and bail.

This is exactly the reason that the trade deadline needs to be earlier. This is what you want to avoid. Once you know you are eliminated from the playoffs teams try to trade for keepers for next year. Talent wise the trade is fine but one QB is out for the year.

This is exactly the reason that the trade deadline needs to be earlier. This is what you want to avoid. Once you know you are eliminated from the playoffs teams try to trade for keepers for next year. Talent wise the trade is fine but one QB is out for the year.

That's perfectly acceptable practice in a dynasty league. Why would anyone play in a dynasty league if you couldn't do this?

When playing in a Full Fantasy league, you need to establish a mechanism for determine and evaluating the trades, why?, one reason is to prevent "group" trading (you trade to you cousin that trade to his friend and you are all a little mob  that actually set all the trade in the league to win the pot), one more reason, if for not letting one trade to determine the leagues Champion or some thing like that ,(i.e: Two teams are struggling to the last spot in the playoff, and they both are biding to trade your player, by your decision you actually are determine who will be in the playoff.)

Personally, I prefer the Salary Cap type of games, where you don't need to deal with those issues, from my point of view, the purpose of the Fantasy game is to set which owner can predict which player will perform better, and the Salary cap games do this better.

As for the question that you brought to the forum, in my perspective there is nothing not fair with this trade, but maybe the examples that i brought in the top of my post are affected in you league, IMO, maybe you can tell us your league rosters and rankings and we can see if this affects the league.

maybe you can tell us your league rosters and rankings and we can see if this affects the league.

And what, may I ask, does this have to do with whether the trade should be allowed or not? Are you implying that the only trades that should be allowed are those that do not affect the league? If that is the case you are making, then no trade should ever be allowed. The whole idea of trading is to affect the league.

The Commish negging this trade was the best thing for you. I believe that you are innocent like you say, but you're getting hosed here.

I mean, yes, you're getting McNabb, but it's not like you are trading away Jake Delhomme or some other solid, but unspectacular veteran. You're giving up Carson Palmer, who's 26. Probably a top 5 QB...top 3 on a good day, I'll put him right in there with Brady and Manning if the matchup is right.

In addition, it's questionable if McNabb will be healed in time for the regular season NEXT year. To add to this, he also just turned 30 and will have missed 13 of his last 32 games going into next year.

Onto the running backs.

D'Angelo Williams has shown some flashes, but that's it. Thomas Jones is only 28, rushed for 1300 yards and 9 TDs last year,and on pace to do the same this year. It would be nice if Williams were to turn into that type of player, but for you to REALLY benefit here, you need more from Williams than that. Williams needs to someday become a LT, LJ kind of player for that to work. That might happen, but who knows? Just because Williams is younger, doesn't mean he'll someday be better.

Stick with TJ and Palmer.

Edited by The Waterboy

I think from a current year standpoint you are helping your bro in law out. My opinion.

What's the difference between McNabb and Palmer next year? Possibly a lot, McNabb may not be back until October / November but then again he could recover quicker like Palmer did this year. I don't know the severity of Palmers knee injury versus McNabbs.

And even if there is no difference you are that much higher on McNabb next year versus Palmer? I guess the upside is D.Williams next year and that's enough to make the trade alone.

Hard to tell what the Chicago RB situation will be next year.

Trade deadline definately needs to be about 2 weeks earlier.

Edited by chiefjay

What pisses me off so much is I built this team to compete in year 2 and beyond from the very start. The $1,000 prise in year 3 is why I want this trade so bad. The #1 seed has Tiki, Lamont, and Ahman. Without DeAngelo to fortify his RB core, his teams future looks bleak. He is my ultra competitive brother in law and the reality is their is NO ONE I would rather beat. Couldn't be farther from collusion

I don't think I'd like this trade going off this late in the season. Dynasty or not. The trade deadline should be moved like already suggested.

I also don't like vetos leagues either. Teams right now are thinking about themselves and THEIR playoff chances. The #1 seed is likely playing a junk QB other than the one that got him there...making them vulnerable to say the least. You give up Palmer who is pretty hot right now thus giving him the edge he lost. With a veto policy in place, things like this are bound to happen even if you intentions were correct.

I don't think your getting the best of this trade either and you should be happy for what you still have. Palmer is rock solid while McNabb...well who knows. DeAngelo Williams has not proven anything and when was the last Carolina RB worth much for a season?

Who the heck drafts a team for next year? I can't predict this year let alone the next.

Good luck

I don't think I'd like this trade going off this late in the season. Dynasty or not. The trade deadline should be moved like already suggested.

True but the rules do permit it at this time. He can't change that and can only play by the rules as they are written. Whether or not he gets the better of the deal is irrelevant.

Who the heck drafts a team for next year? I can't predict this year let alone the next.

Next year is kind of a crapshoot, but the things I did was look at age, wear and tear, and contract status. For instance I took Reggie Wayne knowing he had just signed a long term deal at age 28, while Marvin was turning 35 this season.

Palmer is a very good QB, but those can be found in most years (Romo, Breese come to mind) and with a bunch of strong RB's someone always seems to have 2 good QB's and will gladly trade one of them for a decent (not great) RB. My current RB's are;

Edge

Ronnie Brown

Maroney

Benson

Washington (probably cut in offseason)

They are a pretty decent, young group, but hardly dominent at this time. With the addition of DeAngelo, I could really have something next year and beyond, when the $$$$ is serious.

True but the rules do permit it at this time. He can't change that and can only play by the rules as they are written. Whether or not he gets the better of the deal is irrelevant.

I know, but so is a veto rule, which is covered in the rest of my post. If I'm looking at playoff matchups and can veto a trade that makes the team I'm playing or might play better, it's pretty tempting. We can all sit here and think "I'm a man/woman of upstanding FF integrity" but in reality most of us are not all that objective when we can smell the prize. PLUS you only need over half the coaches to agree so, chances are, a veto is more possible this late.