[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurting at QB-WDIS?

Deacon Frost

Already have:

McNair @ KC-been decent lately, KC D not incredible but Ravens conservative

Eli @ Carolina-good game for E this past week; can Panther D be had twice in a row?

Rivers home to Denver-tough matchup for both LT and Philip; good weather in SD?

Harrington home to New England- wouldn't even mention him but other matchups aren't exactly wonderful and he's playing fairly well....good weather in Miami?

On WW:

Garrard home to Indy (@ TEN next week for pick up purposes?)

Garcia @ Washington-can he do it again? (@ Giants next week for pick up purposes)

Leinart home to Seattle (Denver next week)

Edited by Deacon Frost

Man that is a tough one.

I like them in this order

Eli - he should have a good game against Car....heck Garcia did.

Leinart - good matchup, good WR options

McNair/Rivers - both will be average imo

Good Luck, thanks for the response.

Man that is a tough one.

I like them in this order

Eli - he should have a good game against Car....heck Garcia did.

Leinart - good matchup, good WR options

McNair/Rivers - both will be average imo

Good Luck, thanks for the response.

+1

Eli

Leinart

McNair/Rivers

choice between Eli and Leinart is tough but I'd probably take a chance with Leinart. Eli might be solid (200-250yds, 1-2TDs) but Leinart has the potential for 300-350+ and 2TDs.

Picked up this nugget from a little study:

Garcia fresh off a 3 TD performance travels to Washington who has the lowest scoring fantasy point D in our league, only 5 picks all year (last), 16 sacks (tied for next to last), 11th worst in passing yards allowed, 7th worst in points allowed, and tied for worst w/ 23 passing TD's given up.

Now Carolina (Eli's opponent) and Seattle (Leinart's opponent) have given up 17 and 16 passing TD's and are definitely in the bottom half of NFL pass defenses...but good grief the Skins are bad.

Can I afford not to pick up Garcia and start him? Of course, the #2 seed behind me probably picks him up since he's an Eagle homer, lost McNabb and has Pennington to go right now....but still, seems more and more like Garcia is a solid choice.

Am I missing something?

Picked up this nugget from a little study:

Garcia fresh off a 3 TD performance travels to Washington who has the lowest scoring fantasy point D in our league, only 5 picks all year (last), 16 sacks (tied for next to last), 11th worst in passing yards allowed, 7th worst in points allowed, and tied for worst w/ 23 passing TD's given up.

Now Carolina (Eli's opponent) and Seattle (Leinart's opponent) have given up 17 and 16 passing TD's and are definitely in the bottom half of NFL pass defenses...but good grief the Skins are bad.

Can I afford not to pick up Garcia and start him? Of course, the #2 seed behind me probably picks him up since he's an Eagle homer, lost McNabb and has Pennington to go right now....but still, seems more and more like Garcia is a solid choice.

Am I missing something?

if anyone is desperate, and that owner certainly should be, go ahead and snag Garcia.

even if you don't start Garcia, it's worth burning the other owner if you can make room on your roster.

Ok

*warning - San Diego Homer... but I think I am being objective*

You cannot trust Eli.

I would go in this order:

McNair - Downer last week against an improving Cincy D. Will bounce back against KC this week

Rivers - great outlets with LT and Gates. Denver will try to stack the line again and force rivers to throw at Champ. However, in San Diego they won't have as much success. You are right in that LT will get the ball a lot, but I think Rivers will still pass for over 200 and get at least 1 score

Harrington - Would not trust him this week against Bellicheck

Please see mine http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=189291

I would go with Garcia.He has a great uderstanding of the offense and has been one of the hottest QB's the last 2 weeks with 5 TD passes and 0 INT.I would not expect him to light it up by any means but a 2 TD peformance would not be surprising to me.

I picked up Garcia before reading this thread, to add to my QB stable of E.Manning and Rivers.

I'm starting Garcia this week. Even without McNabb, Philly is a pass-first offense. Garcia, I think, gives me a better chance (better than Eli and Rivers) of multiple TDs and over 300 yards this week against Washington.

Contrary opinions welcomed...

I picked up Garcia before reading this thread, to add to my QB stable of E.Manning and Rivers.

I'm starting Garcia this week. Even without McNabb, Philly is a pass-first offense. Garcia, I think, gives me a better chance (better than Eli and Rivers) of multiple TDs and over 300 yards this week against Washington.

Contrary opinions welcomed...

I would have a hard time pinning my hopes on a guy that has been bounced from teams like the 49ers, Lions, and Browns.

I definitely wouldn't take Rivers but I'd take Eli over Garcia. I would've taken Leinart over all of them.

Leinart will be passing all day and has the best 2 receivers of any of them.

I would have a hard time pinning my hopes on a guy that has been bounced from teams like the 49ers, Lions, and Browns.

I definitely wouldn't take Rivers but I'd take Eli over Garcia. I would've taken Leinart over all of them.

Leinart will be passing all day and has the best 2 receivers of any of them.

Oh trust me...it is hard...and, I agree, if I had Leinart I would probably start him over Garcia. That said, I have started E.Manning all season long (used Rivers once) and I've gotten one 300 yard game from him (10 point bonus for a 300 yard game). Usually, Eli is good for 1-2 TDs (and he has thrown none at least once) but he has only had one 300 yard game. I cannot imagine Garcia getting blanked this week against the Skins (and I'm a Skins fan), especially given how much Philly likes to throw the rock. But I can imagine Eli getting blanked against a Carolina D that will be stoked because they lost last week and may not have J.Delhomme this week to make up points.

Geez...I hate this but I guess line-up anxiety is a part of what fantasy football so much fun. Go figure.

Oh trust me...it is hard...and, I agree, if I had Leinart I would probably start him over Garcia. That said, I have started E.Manning all season long (used Rivers once) and I've gotten one 300 yard game from him (10 point bonus for a 300 yard game). Usually, Eli is good for 1-2 TDs (and he has thrown none at least once) but he has only had one 300 yard game. I cannot imagine Garcia getting blanked this week against the Skins (and I'm a Skins fan), especially given how much Philly likes to throw the rock. But I can imagine Eli getting blanked against a Carolina D that will be stoked because they lost last week and may not have J.Delhomme this week to make up points.

Geez...I hate this but I guess line-up anxiety is a part of what fantasy football so much fun. Go figure.

i thought Leinart was available or an option from your original post.

my thing is yeah Garcia had a good game last week but i don't think he'll be consistent with performances like that. yeah WAS is pitiful but a road NFC East division game like these can be funny and I wouldn't be surprised if he lays an egg.

i thought Leinart was available or an option from your original post.

my thing is yeah Garcia had a good game last week but i don't think he'll be consistent with performances like that. yeah WAS is pitiful but a road NFC East division game like these can be funny and I wouldn't be surprised if he lays an egg.

not available to me. definitely understand your point, but championships in ff are won sometimes by taking chances in the playoffs.

I'd go Garcia #1 if he's there, McNair #2...I suppose Manning #3

As was previosly said, Garcia has a good grasp of the offense already, so he should only get better. Yes, he was pretty terrible in DET and CLE, but we can't blame that all on him...the supporting cast in philly is much, much better for him to return to pro-bowler form. Not to mention they're playing washington who's defense is horrible...

McNair is nothing if not consistent. He won't put up the best numbers in the league this week, but you won't have to worry about him losing the game for you either. Yes, Baltimore is pretty conservative, but they do score points and he's the focus of that offense.

Manning has the potential to have a big game if that team can ever pull themselves together. I don't like that word "potential" though, cause it usually refers to something that isn't utilized...

Cheers

LOL...You said it...just not got back to reading the rest of the thread....appreciate everybody's input. I can still pick up Leinart but he just doesn't do it for me although my opponent has Boldin which is a thought about starting Leinart to offset whatever Boldin does.

It's pretty much Garcia or Eli for me at this point. Garcia is in there right now thought I could still change me mind. He's playing well against a very bad Washington pass defense as noted above. His first two starts weren't glorious but were mistake free and solid and last week was great.

Eli still doesn't make me feel quite good enough about playing him after only one good week in the last several...in fact, not even decent weeks before last week.

Line-up anxiety. You nailed it buddy...got it bad...just in time for the semi-finals.

I hope the rest of my lineup saves me from whatever other stupid thing I might do.