[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am seeing this right?

Bronco Billy

Rex Grossman

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT

12/03 MIN W

Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate

23-13 19 6 31.6 34 0 3 1.3

Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg

1 10 4 -9 -2.3 -2

Houston Texans vs Oakland Raiders

12/3/2006 at McAfee Coliseum

Final Team Statistics

Visitor

Texans

NET YARDS PASSING -5

A QB rating of 1.3? The same QB who has ratings of 23.7 the week before against the Pats, and a rating of 10.2 against the Cards. And his HC isn't even considering the possibility of replacing him, despite the fact that a game like this in the playoffs will eliminate a team that is a favorite to go to the SB?

And -5 yds net passing? On a team who had the #3 WR & the #9 rated QB in the NFL before last week?

I thought that the league was skewed dramatically towards the passing game. How are performances like this possible in today's NFL?

:D

I am anxious to see what gems Grossman still has in store for us, when the temperature come late-December and playoff time drops into the single digits? Nice northern wind whipping accross Soldier Field, couple inches of snow.

He may get nominated for an Emmy for Best Leading Actor in a Comedy.

In one of my leagues, we have a little different scoring then typical. Scoring breaks down to

Touchdowns = 12 Pt

Each 10 yds passing = 1 Pt

Completed Pass = 2 Pts

Attempted Pass = Minus 1 Pt

Interception = Minus 6 Pts

Player Passes for 300 yards:

Every 5 yards over 300 = 1 Bonus Pt

Grossman started off the year great with 89 points in week two against Detroit. Against Arizona he got his owner -35. The last two weeks he's rewarded his owner with -12 and -27 points. We occasionally see negative points for offensive players, often when a player had a bad series or two and then was injured and couldn't average out, but to have 3 weeks with that bad of negative scoring I believe is a record.

And -5 yds net passing? On a team who had the #3 WR & the #9 rated QB in the NFL before last week?
Well at least they have a running game to make up for it. Right? Edited by cdrudge

A QB rating of 1.3? The same QB who has ratings of 23.7 the week before against the Pats, and a rating of 10.2 against the Cards. And his HC isn't even considering the possibility of replacing him, despite the fact that a game like this in the playoffs will eliminate a team that is a favorite to go to the SB?

I thought that the league was skewed dramatically towards the passing game. How are performances like this possible in today's NFL?

:D

And, you neglected to mention, both of those were in winning efforts.

Repeat after me - "We are 10-2 with Rex as our quarterback."

And, you neglected to mention, both of those were in winning efforts.

Repeat after me - "We are 10-2 with Rex as our quarterback."

:putsonblinders:

"We are 10-2 with Rex as our quarterback."

....actually, as a fan, i have to support Lovie's decision. he sees far more than i do and i'm not a head coach. i think griese is a backup for a reason and i have to believe lovie thinks he can get rex headed in the right direction......

:takesoffblinders:

....i really have no idea of whether or not there is a better option, i only hope that they find some ways to limit the errors they are making......

....i really have no idea of whether or not there is a better option, i only hope that they find some ways to limit the errors they are making......

This week's Bears QB practice should consist entirely of having Rex throw to a moving receiver in an effort to cure the accuracy issue that he has developed.

This week's Bears QB practice should consist entirely of having Rex throw to a moving receiver in an effort to cure the accuracy issue that he has developed.

agreed. and they may want to consider tossing to receivers less than 20 yards downfield. maybe to that guy that came over from carolina. i think he was a fairly decent possession guy, i just can't remember his name anymore....

agreed. and they may want to consider tossing to receivers less than 20 yards downfield. maybe to that guy that came over from carolina. i think he was a fairly decent possession guy, i just can't remember his name anymore....

Muh....Moh....I know it begins with M.

I am anxious to see what gems Grossman still has in store for us, when the temperature come late-December and playoff time drops into the single digits? Nice northern wind whipping accross Soldier Field, couple inches of snow.

He may get nominated for an Emmy for Best Leading Actor in a Comedy.

:clap: Shut your mouth, you're making too much sense. It was the "pass first" approach that doomed Wannstadt and his track meet team in the '90's.

I will say this, the running game is definitely on the upswing at the right time. If that means the passing game peaked early in the season and now the running game will peak that would be choice #2 for me - #1 being both games peak at the same time, which rarely happens. :bash:

The D is still top 3, and the return game is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where it was last year, much less what it's averaged over the last 5 years. :D

So while I was exhibiting caution when they were "the best team in the league" during weeks 5-8, I do not see the wheels necessarily falling off now either. The NFC road to the super bowl will run through Chicago and The Brian Uralcher Monster. You have been warned. :D

Grossman and Lossman hands down the worst QBs in the league right now (starting).

Losman is a lot better than Grossman.

Grossman has a 72.0 Qb rating right now, Losmans is 82.0

Edited by hause62

The NFC road to the super bowl will run through Chicago and The Brian Uralcher Monster. You have been warned. :D

Yes it will, but that road has been easy to navigate in recent year's past. :D

While this year's defense has proven it can win a game by itself, those wins have come against Arizona and Minnesota. I wonder if the defense can win a game for them against......er, um....Seattle,, New Orleans ....Dallas?

Never mind, you are right. :bash: