[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Free Agent Defense?

msaint

If you had a choice for Week 16 championship game, would you choose....

GB at Lambeau versus rookie Jackson making first career start. Looked like Culpepper circa 2000 in one quarter, but that was against a soft prevent defense who likely didn't have tape of/prepare for the guy. GB, weak as they've been overall, will be ready, esp. if Chester is limited rushing.

CLE versus Tim Rattay, who -- let's not kid ourselves -- played over his head last week and is a career 3rd stringer. TB offense is brutal, and 2nd straight week in the cold.

ATL versus Weinke and Panthers. Weinke can't move, can't throw a football very well (bad for a QB) and could be primed for sacks and INTs. Falcons seem to dial it up a little more at home.

INDY @ Houston. Houston gives up sacks like nobody's business and Carr will have to throw a lot to keep up = INTs aplenty.

BUFF versus Tennessee. Been playing real well lately, and Vince might not likey the cold weather.

TENN @ Buffalo. Opportunistic defense playing against a sporadic (but improving lately) QB.

D/ST Scoring:

INT = 3

Sack = 1

TD (punt return, fumble recovery, etc.) = 7

Shutout = 7

1-7pts against = 3

Fumble recovery = 1

Safety = 2

So, which one do you like? Thanks. :D

Edited by msaint

Roll with GB. Sloppy weather and a rookie QB with his first start at Lambeau. What's not to like? Indy is tempting also. I started NE last week against Houston and was well-rewarded. They give up a ton of sacks. The question is: which Indy defense will you get? The one we saw on MNF looked really good. The rest of the year, they've not looked so hot. I'd say play it safe with GB. That's who I am starting in my SB.

I agree 100% with these guys. On paper, Green Bay looks like the clear choice. Of course, they COULD give up a lot of points. The Colts aren't bad either -- I think even if they get a big lead, Houston will continue to run the ball -- that will limit the points the Colts give up, but will also limit their turnovers. It's clearly between those two..

I'm a little late to the party here but I like Indy this week. As you said Carr gets sacked alot and Houston will be playing from behind all day.

Don't know if you played Green Bay, but if you didn't here's how I rank 'em-

ATL - big game for the Falcons, play better at home as you said, and Weinke is putrid. Just terrible. Birds could be a nice play this week in this heated divisional rivalry.

INDY - HOU should be playing from behind and what impressed me most about INDs vicotry over Cincy was their ability to play a nice cover 2 and limit Palmer/Housh/Johnson. I would lean toward ranking them number one here if it wasn't for the fact that IND may allow HOU to put points on the board toward the end of the game.

BUF - unit is coming together, playing at home, and Losman is giving the D positive situations to play with. Could be interesting but could be a disaster is Young goes apey.

CLE- I'm running out of different ways to say mediocre. Too many variables here. You say Rattay played over his head but I know he used to be a starting QB in SF. Didn't Gruden trade for this guy? Wait a second, Cleveland's offense sucks too. If low scoring, knockdown drag out fights get you points I would rank them slightly above Buffalo.

Ten - 3 defensive TDs last week? Wha? Could they do it in Buffalo? Er...I don't think so. But I picked them off the waiver wire to stash on my bench. Nothing says losing the Super Bowl like, "Damn, I should have played the Titan Defense."

Good luck.