[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Millen to Return!

The Wolf

I don't think WCF is cheap; he's still paying Mooch 5 million a year to sit in a studio at the NFL network and their payroll is always close to the cap. He's just the worst combination of incompetent, weak willed and loyal to a fault. Right now he's got a huge man-crush on Matt Millen and hopes they can be best friends forever!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beginning to think it is the owner that is the big problem...not Millen. If WCF (maybe he should be called Suffering succotash!?) can't see that his team is in shambles and he needs to clean organizational house, he just does not care. The league should step in and give him a big kick in the rearend.

I thought for sure this was the year he gets the axe...instead they fire the asst coaches who only got one year to prove their worth through a myriad of injuries :D

:D

so how many more coaches and QBs will millen run out of town before ownership realizes maybe they're not really the primary problem?

If you want to chalk that up to bad luck, fine. But 6 years is more than enough time to turn things around.

Then I take it you think Dungy and Polian suck and should be fired too, correct? Sure the Colts are winning games, but that's largely Manning carrying the team - they routinely underperform come playoff time and the D sucks. Still. That falls on the shoulders of the HC and GM too. They have had many years to fix the D and have done a pathetic job of it. Polian routinely reaches for players in the draft which even at the time are clearly questionable if not poor moves and his FA moves/re-signings have to a large extent been pathetic. Yet everyone says how great he is.....please....

PS I'm not saying Millen is great - he has made some dumb moves for sure - I'm just saying a lot of this is scapegoat/bandwagon BS. If he was drafting PKS in the first round or reaching for players that made no sense all the time, or I could see it.

I'm just saying a lot of this is scapegoat/bandwagon BS.

What are you talking about? Millen is responsible for team personnel. The Lions' personnel suck. He gets a pass because he thought he was getting good personnel?

That's ridiculous.

What are you talking about? Millen is responsible for team personnel. The Lions' personnel suck. He gets a pass because he thought he was getting good personnel?

That's ridiculous.

More than that, there seems to be no strategy at all, nor continuity. It's like every season stands by itself. There's no sign of improvement on a year to year basis anywhere.

every GM out there makes decisions that, at the time, seem to make sense to a lot of people. a good/great GM, you look back at a lot of their decisions and say wow, that was a really great decision, to sign this guy or draft that guy. a really poor GM like millen, you look back at the decisions they made and find yourself asking "Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian were they thinking?"

you can call it "hindsight", or you can simply call it "results".

Again hindsight is 20/20. I didn't hear any (or little) of this when he made his draft moves at the time. He doesn't throw or catch the balls (etc). Plus comparisons to "normal" companies tend to be dicey, if that. Football franchises are unique.

There are 32 jobs, which makes it extremely unique that an owner would keep someone with such a horrendous track record on a job as long as the Ford's have allowed Millen to stick around.

There is no defending Millen based on team performance, personnel moves, and coaching selections. The question eventually must switch to who the worst owner is, Bidwell or Ford?

Just for the record, the guy has a .250 winning percentage. If a baseball player hit .250 for his career, he'd be waived or demoted. In no sport is .250 an acceptable average for success.

Millen is a joke. Plain and simple. Other teams won't even deal with him any more. If you want to make the Lions successful, follow the lead of the Tigers - bring in veteran players of high character to provide support, build up a productive youth development system, and get an experienced coach to put you on a five year track to success.

I am beginning to think it is the owner that is the big problem...

Bingo.

The guy makes the 1st round picks from year to year . Millen did not even want Harrington..he wanted Jammer.the minute I seen Millen was letting Ford influence him was the minute I knew he was not the man for the job. because Ford knows nothing when it comes to football.

If you want to guarentee your team stays horrible only draft QB's,WR's,RB's year after year when your team is already a joke. the Lions refusual to give themselves a adequate offensive or defensive line over the last ..what..30 years I have been watching...has kept us 1 of the laughingstocks of the league. the QB's we draft have no time to get rid of the ball and the only thing the Lions do is ruin them.

We need our owner to stay out of team biz.

Just for the record, the guy has a .250 winning percentage. If a baseball player hit .250 for his career, he'd be waived or demoted. In no sport is .250 an acceptable average for success.

...what about falling some where in between .253 and .274?

:D

Edited by muck